Tom Holland discusses bad reviews for his new limited series

Stepfon

FymUl1AakAA9ktz?format=jpg&name=large

The Apple TV show is standing at 30% at RT and at 48 at Metacritic.

“It was a kick in the teeth. Rolling over, looking up the reviews, and then all of a sudden I was like, ‘Wow. That’s a bad review.’ Sometimes there’s a redeeming quality in there. There was nothing.”

He looks good in OP, but this is embarrassing. If I was an actor and in a panned project I would not mention it

He’s so relatable :heart:

I kinda feel bad for him because he does seem like a genuinely nice guy. He needs a better agent.

24 minutes ago, Taylor fanboy said:

PANNED AND IN DENIAL! :clap3:

20 minutes ago, HASHTAGPOW said:

Me when I lie

giphy.gif

I'm confused, where is he in denial/lying? :skull: He's literally acknowledging the poor reviews...

At least he’s real about it. He seems to be a nice guy and has talent but he needs to pick better projects.

Not everyone has an ear eye for hits :( 

I would never admit that, but at least he's honest about it which I can appreciate. He looks hot af in that pic though, whew :WAP:

he's truly the most double-edged sword celeb, like he's super famous and successful, but literally only through spiderman, outside of that :eli:

No one cares about him unless he does spiderman unfortunately. :michael:

He played a great Nathan Drake; I felt like it was a portrayal that really honored and exuded the spirit of the character. He has a lot of potential, he just needs to pick better projects.

1 hour ago, MrLovett said:

I'm confused, where is he in denial/lying? :skull: He's literally acknowledging the poor reviews...

Right!! He’s a bit too real for ATRL’s image of Hollywood I guess. One google shows his personality and he is clearly the type to be open and honest about things. I don’t see it as a bad thing. You win some you lose some.

He is very cute guy. He really needs to fire his agent/management because all these projects are just not working for him.

We want Spider-Man 4 

honestly even if his overall career is a flop being able to look back and say you made millions by playing spiderman is honestly an amazing life in itself 

The show is really boring and everyone but Tom is unlikeable in it :doc: i hope someone helps him choose better projects, cause sis... oof. 

he's a cutey.

He will eventually find his stride, but I don't think it'll happen until he's done with Marvel. There's not gonna be a lot of studios wanting to sign him onto bigger, better things unless they can count on the fact that he's not going to be suddenly whisked away to be Spider-Man again. While the role has been great for him, his career is going to only be founded on that until he's hung the suit up. Only then will he really have the opportunity to truly branch out. 

why do people on this site dislike tom so much? :rip: anyway i feel bad for him. will give the first ep a watch tho

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.