You're sent back to 1894 Linz Austria for 1 hour. What do you do?

Timber

Note, this is where Hitler lived when he was 5 years old. Would you try to influence the future somehow and save ~50m lives? 

2nd Note: The effect of what you do may be so great that you likely won't exist in the future

Edited by Timber

Kill the *****

• Haha 1

Idk actually that would impact the future me and I could potentially not exist 

Who says I will be able to find Hitler even if I wanted to?

I'd do random sh*t just for the butterfly effect

Killing baby Hitler wouldn't be enough to prevent the rise of fascism in Germany. Some other tyrant would've taken his place.

Edited by Virgos Groove
  • Like 1

I kill his father, who I believe was abusive and one of the reasons Hitler was unhappy as an adult, and I suggest to his mother that she should encourage her son to pursue a career in architecture rather than painting. Problem solved. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ugo said:

Idk actually that would impact the future me and I could potentially not exist 

This is a myth created by the government to stop us from time traveling 

• Like 3

Had he grown up in a different environment he would not have became what he did. It was politicians like Karl Luger and Georg Ritter von Schönerer that were using anti-semitism for political gain when he was homeless in Vienna that consumed him and turned him into a German racial nationalist. His father was abusive, his mother was negligent and depressed after three of her kids died, and then his brother died quite young as well. Mental health was not a thing then and the political scene in Europe was simply a perfect storm for Hitler to put all his problems and projections of his own self-hatred onto Jews.

Like another user said, had he grown up healthily and allowed to pursue his dreams who knows how things would have turned out. By all accounts he was normal until his mothers death and he became homeless in an area that was heavily prejudiced towards Jews (newspapers as well). This consumption + his awful life led him to harbor the prejudice that then ended up changing the globe. 

So what I would do is simply Kill Karl and Georg (SZA's version) and burn down the local newspaper building as politicians and media with platforms are the reason why such radicalizations of evil exist in the first place.  

countess.thumb.jpeg.2fc33804156e0f1489c7

Pretty sure I would barely have any rights  

countess.thumb.jpeg.2fc33804156e0f1489c7

This would be me tbh :coffee:

17 minutes ago, Attitude said:

Me influencing music in 1894.

Do you know what medieval is? :rip:  not 1894

58 minutes ago, Attitude said:

Me influencing music in 1894.

They said 1894 not 1494. :rip: 

what if someone already went back in time to kill Hitler. But we ended up in an even worse timeline, so they just let him live? 

… meh. Idk if I would. Yeah, it would save millions of lives but who’s to say that something worse wouldn’t happen if we changed history? 

I would've helped him with his art so he could've actually made it into that school :bird: Maybe he could've been a cute little artist instead of an evil dictator 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.