For the first time ever, Wind and Solar produced more energy than Coal in U.S.

Bears01

11 hours ago, Ewan Chaos said:

Manchin's crying himself to sleep tonight :laugh:

I think he has already moved on to natural gas now and passed the mountain pipeline in the latest bill. 

15 hours ago, Marvin said:

Would be even more if the government actually cared about the environment 

In terms of energy transition, the US government has always been behind other developed countries but the Inflation reduction Act has changed this massively. As a result, the US has now become one of the leading countries for investing in renewable energy and related products. Although Europe may catch up in the near future, for now, the US is showing promising progress in this field. (I know this because I work in the energy sector)

• Like 1

917yC1pkgFL._UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

:clap3:

On 6/14/2023 at 10:50 AM, Katamari said:

those poor coal miners/towns

Don;t worry about them, China buys all the coal they can get. While China puts itself forward as a top nation, they seem to have been able to get themselves classified as a developing nation in various climate accords. This allows them to burn all the coal they want.

People underestimate how great wind power can be. 

How much power does a wind turbine produce? Most onshore wind turbines have a capacity of 2-3 megawatts (MW), which can produce over 6 million kilowatt hours (kwh) of electricity every year. That's enough to meet the electricity demand of around 1,500 average households.

Definitely underutilized imo.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.