White House bans trans activist for topless photo at Pride event

nadiamendell

If someone pulled down their pants to moon, or show their ass/butt, it would've been the same result.  It has nothing to do with her being trans. :zzz:

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ClashAndBurn

• Bears01

• AMIT

• Communion

5 minutes ago, AMIT said:

saying ''time and place'' will also do nothing meaningful for the movement. Homophobes and transphobes will keep doing their things. How about you direct your outrage at them instead of at a trans woman? hmm? 

you live in the US, the richest country on earth, and you really gonna sit there and tell me you are not priviledged whatsoever? :deadbanana4: go do something about your shitty ass political system that is destrying our whole world before telling me, a brown working class person from a 3rd world country, to do anything.

I LITERALLY HAVE TOLD YOU A Million times now what I specifically do to help working class people in however many ways I can, what do you not get? I literally linked you a ballot initiative I knocked on doors to get approved by voters in a state I used to live in, and still work in :redface: I am talking to a brick wall here 

23 minutes ago, Bears01 said:

I LITERALLY HAVE TOLD YOU A Million times now what I specifically do to help working class people in however many ways I can, what do you not get? I literally linked you a ballot initiative I knocked on doors to get approved by voters in a state I used to live in, and still work in :redface: I am talking to a brick wall here 

That's great sis, kudos to you. I believe your heart is in the right place, but none of that changes what I argued for in here. It's best we agree to disagree. No hard feelings. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AMIT said:

That's great sis, kudos to you. I believe your heart is in the right place, but none of that changes what I argued for in here. It's best we agree to disagree. No hard feelings. 

Fair :heart: I apologize for getting personal 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AMIT said:

Threads like these just serve to expose how many ATRLers are actual reactionary conservatives in their own right. Y'all think simply being part of the LGBT+ community makes you immune to right-wing/conservative/pro-capitalism rethorics and makes it so any thought that pops up in your head is automatically ''sensible'', ''progressive'' and/or ''reasonable'', but it doesn't and they aren't. You are not that different from the people you criticize, it's just that y'all know what it's like being on the other side. But when you have the opportunity you don't think twice about treating other people the same dehumanizing and patronizing way you once were and this thread is a perfect example of this. 

We did not get to where we are now by appeasing to homophobes/transphobes and being ''appropriate'' :rip: ffs 

The implication with this message is always the same - the LGBT are wild, unbridled, sex-crazed, non-traditional people and any desire outside of that - being monogamous, not being hypersexual, not partying, not living wild and snorting coke, and apparently showing up to a formal event and not exposing yourself - is appeasement to the straights.

You can be gay and do whatever you like! We don’t need to appease those that think being gay or lgbt is some wild party either. It can be that for those that want it - that’s great! But others can do as they please as well.

We’re appeasing homophobes by saying someone shouldn’t expose themselves at a formal event??

• Like 2

She was dumb for doing that at the White House, especially during a family friendly event. I’m not surprised that she has been banned from future events. 

But I guess she got the attention she wanted. :gaycat6:

it's clear she and the other individuals exposing their bare chests got caught up in the elation and freedom they felt in the moment, for what they probably thought was a watershed moment of empowerment and acknowledgement. 

it was still unseemly and not a good look, it's easy free ammo against their movement.

I will say that it also seems a little hypocritical of the whitehouse to present a veneer of endorsement and acceptance for LGBTQ+ but then pull a NIMBY when the girls were girling giphy.gif

Edited by Femalien

Edited by Femalien
double post

Bring back kink shaming

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Keter said:

The implication with this message is always the same - the LGBT are wild, unbridled, sex-crazed, non-traditional people and any desire outside of that - being monogamous, not being hypersexual, not partying, not living wild and snorting coke, and apparently showing up to a formal event and not exposing yourself - is appeasement to the straights.

You can be gay and do whatever you like! We don’t need to appease those that think being gay or lgbt is some wild party either. It can be that for those that want it - that’s great! But others can do as they please as well.

We’re appeasing homophobes by saying someone shouldn’t expose themselves at a formal event??

You have it backwards sis - I am not the one putting those stereotypes onto LGBT people, I am merely pointing out that the homophobes do that to us. Going to the other extreme and acting the way they want us to act won't make the people who do think we are all like that change their mind, as we've seen time and time again. It's a losing battle. 

As has been pointed out, she didn't do anything illegal and even if you disagree with her actions why can't you respect it as her freedom to do so? Isn't America the land of the free? :coffee2: Do you want to get into the conversation of why are woman's breasts sexualized but men's aren't? 

The energy in here is of pick me gays and people scapegoating someone to take out their frustrations on. Drawing attention to this is the wrong move and does us no good as a community. Y'all are pressed she went topless, big whoop. Give me a break. :zzz: 

memes aside I don’t think this has to do with her being trans tbh, a biological woman would also get banned for doing this tbh :deadbanana4: 

The far left extremists were quick to enter the thread :ahh: 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

The greatest irony is this entire incident (including Ron DeSantis' comments about it) have been completely overshadowed, if not entirely forgotten due to Fox News' now retracted story about the Pride Flag debunked claims on its creator and pedophilia in addition to Senator Roger Marshall's efforts to ban pride flags altogether and lies about it violating Flag Code getting bigger backlash. 

Dear Sen

: I assume you did not intend to spread misinformation; however the picture you attached was misleadingly cropped. I have attached the actual picture which shows there has been no violation of the U.S. Flag Code.

The real disgrace is that the LGBTQ+ community still faces discrimination in housing, education, public accommodations and more. We must pass the Equality Act and ensure all Americans are free from discrimination.

FyYcmcFaMAAvpfi?format=jpg&name=small

9 hours ago, Lemonjuice said:

The far left extremists were quick to enter the thread :ahh: 

I rather be a "far left extremist" than a ******* Nazi. :gaycat5:

On 6/14/2023 at 1:21 PM, AMIT said:

:bibliahh:

the white house and the people who control it do not give a single **** about you or anyone else you personally know, wake the **** up and stop licking that boot :bam:

Whether they care about me or not is irrelevant. Actions have consequences and when you enter a government building or any professional setting for that matter you can't act like you would at the club or at the beach. If you think having professionalism is "licking the boot" then I suggest going to work naked and seeing how that works out for you :rip:

On 6/14/2023 at 1:36 PM, ClashAndBurn said:

Yet the only one who's being talked about is the trans woman and not the trans men showing off their mastectomy scars AND nipples right next to her in the picture. According to conservatives, a trans woman's breasts don't count as anything other than a man's which aren't viewed as so obscene that they should be covered up, while a trans man is actually a delusional woman and therefore should be completely covered up, even though toplessness is legal in Washington, DC. Gee. Imagine that.

You're not seeing anything more than you would if a cis woman were breastfeeding in public. Should public breastfeeding be banned at America's Plantation (AKA the White House)?

I've already said toplessness at the White House, from male or female, is inappropriate so how conservatives are reacting to this is irrelevant to my overall point. And there's also a huge difference in shaking your breasts around and breastfeeding (which women usually cover up in public anyway). Like let's be serious :rip:

Edited by bad guy
  • Like 1

The white house did the right thing BUT the way boobs actually hurts straight men now. :ahh:

Republican men are literally just projecting, aren't they?! :rip:

We need more trans boobs for pride though, I support my sis.

• Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, RunUpDoneUp said:

The white house did the right thing BUT the way boobs actually hurts straight men now. :ahh:

Republican men are literally just projecting, aren't they?! :rip:

We need more trans boobs for pride though, I support my sis.

fake boobs, too.  Most of their wives probably have the same fake boobs as well.  The irony.

Tacky and trashy. Wtf was she thinking?!!

The white house is ok with illegal drone strikes but draws the line at topless trans people?

rose-montoya-twitter-1536x830.jpg

Transgender social activist Rose Montoya issued an apology on social media for going topless at the White House over the weekend during a celebration for Pride Month.

The influencer posted a video to social media on Monday which showed Montoya partying at an all-ages White House Pride party after meeting President Joe Biden and First Lady Jill Biden.

The video depicts Montoya, known online for activism and acting career, exposing and shaking her breast with fellow party-goers on the White House lawn in front of the Truman Balcony as a voice shouts in the background, “Are we topless at the White House?”

Conservatives on Twitter were enraged as the video went viral with some accusing the Biden administration of disrespecting the White House grounds and creating an inappropriate environment for children. After the video’s release, a White House spokesperson on Tuesday condemned Montoya for flashing her breasts and noted she would not be invited back for future events.

“This behavior is inappropriate and disrespectful for any event at the White House,” the White house statement said. “It is not reflective of the event we hosted to celebrate LGBTQI+ families or the other hundreds of guests who were in attendance. Individuals in the video will not be invited to future events.”

However, Montoya on Friday afternoon issued a statement via a Twitter video apologizing to the LGBTQ+ community and the White House for taking her top off over the weekend:

In a quick moment of fleeting and overwhelming trans joy, I decided to do something unbecoming of the guest of the president at the White House law celebration…I want to take this moment to apologize for the impact of my actions. I especially want to apologize to my black trans brothers and siblings, especially transgender women who are black. Because I understand that you all are constantly at a disproportionate level, impacted by the actions of others, and especially by anti-trans violence.

Montoya added, “I would also like to apologize to my family and friends who have been harassed. I would also like to apologize to my own community. And last but not least, I would like to apologize to the president, the White House, and the nation. It was also never my intention to create a situation that would lead to harassment and harm of myself and others, nor for trans joy like my little moment of trans joy to be weaponized by vile people of the opposition.” X

Icon **** honestly :clap3:

12 hours ago, rihannafan said:

The white house is ok with illegal drone strikes but draws the line at topless trans people?

Seriously…

13 hours ago, rihannafan said:

Who they say are men to begin with. If I took my shirt off it would be fine. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.