White House bans trans activist for topless photo at Pride event

nadiamendell

4 minutes ago, Cyanide said:

People defending her and making the “internalized homophobia” argument are insane :rip: 

Yeah, I get it. People hate the government and view it as a joke (rightfully) but in real life settings, you need to be professional at certain places, and there’s a time and a place. The White House lawn when children are around is not it, like come ON. 

And I would say this for anyone and anything. 

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ClashAndBurn

• Bears01

• AMIT

• Communion

1 hour ago, AMIT said:

Threads like these just serve to expose how many ATRLers are actual reactionary conservatives in their own right. Y'all think simply being part of the LGBT+ community makes you immune to right-wing/conservative/pro-capitalism rethorics and makes it so any thought that pops up in your head is automatically ''sensible'', ''progressive'' and/or ''reasonable'', but it doesn't and they aren't. You are not that different from the people you criticize, it's just that y'all know what it's like being on the other side. But when you have the opportunity you don't think twice about treating other people the same dehumanizing and patronizing way you once were and this thread is a perfect example of this. 

We did not get to where we are now by appeasing to homophobes/transphobes and being ''appropriate'' :rip: ffs 

So it's "right wing conservatism" to have decorum and not take your top off at the most prestigious place in the country? Her being there was already a step in the right direction, there was no need to be classless like that especially since it served no purpose. Neither men or women should be walking around the freaking White House with their tops off, and that goes for any professional setting. The fact that this is even being defended is crazy, this isn't a beach :rip:

Edited by bad guy

I watched her instagram video and apparently there is no common law condemning going topless in DC. I don't think theres much relevancy in all this other than maybe she shouldn't have it, but I feel sorry for her. I just had a look at her insta and honestly the comments she gets are vicious. Maybe she was wrong to go topless at the white house, but what we all still need to realise is that even with that info, she still isn't the real problem/enemy.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ClashAndBurn said:

If Trump were still in the White House and she were being banned for a topless protest: "omg wtf this is authoritarian, IMPEACH the motherfucker"

But since it's Biden, I guess ATRL is full of puritans screaming their heads off about how kink at pride is degeneracy.

You are such a joke

-

A well deserved ban, there was no need for her to do that at the White House of all places 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

36 minutes ago, Bears01 said:

Yeah, I get it. People hate the government and view it as a joke (rightfully) but in real life settings, you need to be professional at certain places, and there’s a time and a place. The White House lawn when children are around is not it, like come ON. 

Oh please. Y'all are only saying this because it's BIDEN. Again, you're all defending the sanctity of a ******* plantation house that the British and Canadians were entirely in the right to burn to the ground. It's embarrassing.:ahh:

1 minute ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Oh please. Y'all are only saying this because it's BIDEN. Again, you're all defending the sanctity of a ******* plantation house that the British and Canadians were entirely in the right to burn to the ground. It's embarrassing.:ahh:

Sis, it’s me. I call bs on both sides you know this. And you know me. Even if it was a distinguished president like Lincoln or FDR, or trash like Regan or W, I’d say the same thing 

1 minute ago, Bears01 said:

Sis, it’s me. I call bs on both sides you know this. And you know me. Even if it was a distinguished president like Lincoln or FDR, or trash like Regan or W, I’d say the same thing 

The point remains that most people's only concern here is that Biden got embarrassed and are cheering him for responding to a report made by the Daily Caller that genuinely nobody cared that much about in the real world. But hey, now at least that trans activist has a target on her back and can get gunned down by a deranged KHiver for making "their president" look bad.

3 minutes ago, Bears01 said:

distinguished president like Lincoln or FDR

As for this part... Distinguished? You mean the literal segregationist (who didn't personally care about slavery but only wanted to abolish it to "preserve the Union") and the guy that threw Japanese Americans into internment camps? The bar is extremely low for US presidents, as they're all disgusting and evil human beings but Jesus, there really aren't ANY good examples are there? :rip: 

13 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

The point remains that most people's only concern here is that Biden got embarrassed and are cheering him for responding to a report made by the Daily Caller that genuinely nobody cared that much about in the real world. But hey, now at least that trans activist has a target on her back and can get gunned down by a deranged KHiver for making "their president" look bad.

As for this part... Distinguished? You mean the literal segregationist (who didn't personally care about slavery but only wanted to abolish it to "preserve the Union") and the guy that threw Japanese Americans into internment camps? The bar is extremely low for US presidents, as they're all disgusting and evil human beings but Jesus, there really aren't ANY good examples are there? :rip: 

Sis, I like you, but this is way over the top. K hiver radicalism and gunning down trans activists is not a thing in the real world, they’re just EXTREMELY annoying online. Like I said, I like you and agree with a lot of what you say, but this comment is giving touch grass :rip:

1 hour ago, bad guy said:

So it's "right wing conservatism" to have decorum and not take your top off at the most prestigious place in the country? Her being there was already a step in the right direction, there was no need to be classless like that especially since it served no purpose. Neither men or women should be walking around the freaking White House with their tops off, and that goes for any professional setting. The fact that this is even being defended is crazy, this isn't a beach :rip:

:bibliahh:

the white house and the people who control it do not give a single **** about you or anyone else you personally know, wake the **** up and stop licking that boot :bam:

1 hour ago, Bears01 said:

You unironically running around in here with this ''think of the children!!!!11" rhetoric, which was created by right-wingers, proving my point. :deadbanana4:

I'm sure children won't just combust immediately after seeing a nipple. :toofunny3:

Y'all liberals are SO embarrassing and actively pull our struggle down. Again, you are not being sensible or reasonable here, get your off your high horse and stop making such a big deal out of this. THIS is what emboldens bigots and fascists alike. :ace:

1 hour ago, bad guy said:

Neither men or women should be walking around the freaking White House with their tops off, and that goes for any professional setting.

Yet the only one who's being talked about is the trans woman and not the trans men showing off their mastectomy scars AND nipples right next to her in the picture. According to conservatives, a trans woman's breasts don't count as anything other than a man's which aren't viewed as so obscene that they should be covered up, while a trans man is actually a delusional woman and therefore should be completely covered up, even though toplessness is legal in Washington, DC. Gee. Imagine that.

You're not seeing anything more than you would if a cis woman were breastfeeding in public. Should public breastfeeding be banned at America's Plantation (AKA the White House)?

48 minutes ago, Bears01 said:

Sis, I like you, but this is way over the top. K hiver radicalism and gunning down trans activists is not a thing in the real world, they’re just EXTREMELY annoying online. Like I said, I like you and agree with a lot of what you say, but this comment is giving touch grass :rip:

People said Bernie Bros were "only" annoying online up until one actually attempted a terrorist attack on a GOP congressional baseball game and nearly killed Steve Scalise. I genuinely wouldn't put anything past any radicalized online communities - they always have individuals who are more deranged than anyone else. :michael: 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, AMIT said:

You unironically running around in here with this ''think of the children!!!!11" rhetoric, which was created by right-wingers, proving my point. :deadbanana4:

I'm sure children won't just combust immediately after seeing a nipple. :toofunny3:

Y'all liberals are SO embarrassing and actively pull our struggle down. Again, you are not being sensible or reasonable here, get your off your high horse and stop making such a big deal out of this. THIS is what emboldens bigots and fascists alike. :ace:

Sis having your **** out at the White House emboldens NOBODY. 

“you stooopid librullllllssss”. Get off the internet for one day and actually talk to people Ffs :rip:

3 minutes ago, Bears01 said:

Sis having your **** out at the White House emboldens NOBODY. 

“you stooopid librullllllssss”. Get off the internet for one day and actually talk to people Ffs :rip:

I'm sure you think you are such an enlightened individual and must be doing some profound meaningful work for the community and working class people. :toofunny3: Liberals and their lack of self-awareness truly knows no bounds. 

1 minute ago, AMIT said:

I'm sure you think you are such an enlightened individual and must be doing some profound meaningful work for the community and working class people. :toofunny3: Liberals and their lack of self-awareness truly knows no bounds. 

I do regular stuff like advocate in Illinois for voters to approve a Workers bill of rights (that passed in November of 2022 hihi) instead of whining on the internet about people having their **** out at the White House, so yeah, sorry I have better things to do. 

Just now, Bears01 said:

I do regular stuff like advocate in Illinois for voters to approve a Workers bill of rights (that passed in November of 2022 hihi) instead of whining on the internet about people having their **** out at the White House, so yeah, sorry I have better things to do. 

so go out and do that stuff instead of whining about other people's thoughts over the internet just because they don't align with yours :bam:

YOU are the one ''whining on the internet about people having their **** out at the WH'' btw, the lack of self-awareness showing again :redface:

Just now, AMIT said:

so go out and do that stuff instead of whining about other people's thoughts over the internet just because they don't align with yours :bam:

YOU are the one ''whining on the internet about people having their **** out at the WH'' btw, the lack of self-awareness showing again :redface:

I literally did do stuff, that was my point. What do YOU do other than screaming “librulllllllsssss are oppressing someone for having their **** out at the White House!!!”

my only thought is what the hell did she think she would gain from this..:rip:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bears01 said:

I literally did do stuff, that was my point. What do YOU do other than screaming “librulllllllsssss are oppressing someone for having their **** out at the White House!!!”

I educate myself and others and try to survive in this HELLHOLE called capitalist system that LIBERALS like you help maintain :heart2:

29 minutes ago, AMIT said:

I educate myself and others and try to survive in this HELLHOLE called capitalist system that LIBERALS like you help maintain :heart2:

https://ballotpedia.org/Illinois_Amendment_1,_Right_to_Collective_Bargaining_Measure_(2022)

Maybe a little more knocking on doors and doing something, and a little less Twitter warriorism will do you good :heart:

Just now, Bears01 said:

https://ballotpedia.org/Illinois_Amendment_1,_Right_to_Collective_Bargaining_Measure_(2022)

Maybe a little more knocking on doors and doing something, and a little less Twitter warriorism will do you good :heart:

I don't use twitter. :coffee2:

A little less punching down and bootlicking would do you and most people you know and care for good. :heart2:

What even is this whole thread about?

A faux outrage at the trans influencer? For what, the White House that represented centuries of oppression and racism? :rip: 

Get a grip and realize that your criticism has more to do with the political optics than the actual "concern for the children" outrage. :toofunny2:

Some of you sound no different than the transphobes and Republicans about this nonsensical issue.

4 minutes ago, AMIT said:

I don't use twitter. :coffee2:

A little less punching down and bootlicking would do you and most people you know and care for good. :heart2:

Saying “time and place” isn’t “bootlicking”. Sis, I am barely middle class, I am not “punching down” on anyone :heart:

Just now, Bears01 said:

Saying “time and place” isn’t “bootlicking”. Sis, I am barely middle class, I am not “punching down” on anyone :heart:

saying ''time and place'' will also do nothing meaningful for the movement. Homophobes and transphobes will keep doing their things. How about you direct your outrage at them instead of at a trans woman? hmm? 

you live in the US, the richest country on earth, and you really gonna sit there and tell me you are not priviledged whatsoever? :deadbanana4: go do something about your shitty ass political system that is destrying our whole world before telling me, a brown working class person from a 3rd world country, to do anything.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.