White House bans trans activist for topless photo at Pride event

nadiamendell

I saw a TikTok edit of that event and it looks so bad the fact that the First Lady and the president was there and they took two activists took their tops off is very disrespectful.......This is the white house not a pride parade 

• Like 1

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ClashAndBurn

• Bears01

• AMIT

• Communion

29 minutes ago, ugo said:

I saw a TikTok edit of that event and it looks so bad the fact that the First Lady and the president was there and they took two activists took their tops off is very disrespectful.......This is the white house not a pride parade 

The White House was built by slaves. It’s not a holy temple worthy of endless deference and respect. Good God, you liberals are the WORST :ahh: 

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

The White House was built by slaves. It’s not a holy temple worthy of endless deference and respect. Good God, you liberals are the WORST :ahh: 

I'm not even a liberal. 

I just think that they don't have to act like teenagers all the time...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

You remind me of @QueenBeyoncé, also a lost cause ignoring logic facts. What are you trying to do with your one sided and not thoughtful responses? The fact is that at some events we have to be respectful since we need to be taken serious, especially now. Gimmicks like that hurt the whole community, be grown for fucks sake. There is always a place for that but reasoning it with „I support the free nipple movement“ is BS. That was not the place. And it still doesn’t make it ok just because you are allowed to be topless in Washington DC. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

16 minutes ago, mylicious said:

You remind me of @QueenBeyoncé, also a lost cause ignoring logic facts. What are you trying to do with your one sided and not thoughtful responses? The fact is that at some events we have to be respectful since we need to be taken serious, especially now. Gimmicks like that hurt the whole community, be grown for fucks sake. There is always a place for that but reasoning it with „I support the free nipple movement“ is BS. That was not the place. And it still doesn’t make it ok just because you are allowed to be topless in Washington DC. 

What hurts the community is hacks like you and Joe Biden giving credence to right-wing talking points but alright. ATRL posters calling for trans activists to be arrested for not even breaking the law really just shows how the reaction is all about it making Biden look bad to their fellow conservative reactionaries.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

What hurts the community is hacks like you and Joe Biden giving credence to right-wing talking points but alright. ATRL posters calling for trans activists to be arrested for not even breaking the law really just shows how the reaction is all about it making Biden look bad to their fellow conservative reactionaries.

Nah, you completely turn around the point.

7 hours ago, ClashAndBurn said:

If Trump were still in the White House and she were being banned for a topless protest: "omg wtf this is authoritarian, IMPEACH the motherfucker"

But since it's Biden, I guess ATRL is full of puritans screaming their heads off about how kink at pride is degeneracy.

Would you have dinner at a restaurant shirtless?

• Like 2

There’s a time and a place and the White House lawn ain’t it. That’s not “living her truth” that’s being tasteless and disrespectful.

14 minutes ago, Alaska. said:

Irrelevant, since the restaurant is an indoors private establishment with a “no shirt, no shoes, no service” policy. The White House was built by (likely) shirtless slaves, and the event was outdoors in a city where being topless is explicitly and very famously legal.

7 minutes ago, Velvet Night said:

There’s a time and a place and the White House lawn ain’t it. That’s not “living her truth” that’s being tasteless and disrespectful.

The “White House” deserves no respect whatsoever. **** the US Government. :heart2:

• Thumbs Down 1

I’m so tired of the narrative that LGBT people have to be hypersexualized all the time. We live in a complex social society. I understand you may think nudity is liberating, you may think capitalism is bad, etc. but you’re not advancing any movement showing your breasts at the White House.

Believe it or not, you can be gay and believe in social decorum. We all agree taking a poop is human nature right? Nothing to be ashamed of right? But how many of y’all are taking a dump on the counter at your job to “free the dookie”? Have sense. 

• Like 11
  • Thumbs Down 2

7 hours ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Wasn't claiming that this was pro-kink. The argument is that ATRL Democrat posters are contextually conservative when it comes to the dignity and decorum of the White House depending on whomever occupies it.

Furthermore, I wouldn't argue that Trump would have had his trans anti-activist entourage like White and Jenner as guests either, but if THIS individual had been at the White House and did a bra burning in protest of his administration, they'd be celebrated as a heroine for standing up to "Mango Mussolini" instead of the accusation of denigrating our hallowed halls of flawless Democrat-run American government.

This has nothing to do with any of that.  You don’t go to the White House and shake your breasts around in broad daylight at an event.  It’s only okay if it’s done in secrecy at night on the president’s behalf.

Yeah, a lot of people from the community should learn putting nudism and sex to the side when it's needed.

This is sad, we’re already under so much attack and scrutiny and it just feels selfish that she would do this knowing that so many eyes would be on a pride event at the White House. I get what she was going for but it wasn’t the right place. 

Why would they do that there? :rip: Talk about not having an understanding of "time and place"... With that said, I think banning them is way too harsh. It's not like they threatened or harassed someone. It was a stupid thing to do, but people make mistakes.

People not knowing how to act is one of the biggest problems today. I blame the privatization of everything. People act like they are on their couch while on the train, its shameless 

• Thanks 1

she would have been banned if she wan't trans or if it was a man showing his ass/genitals. Right time right place babes

5 hours ago, Alaska. said:

Would the White House issue a press statement if a random patron was shirtless in the same place Biden was eating?

Why would the Biden admin elevate a faux pas of social decorum into an accusation of lewdness and obscenity that justifies and plays into the narratives of exterminationist conservatives?

5 hours ago, Keter said:

We all agree taking a poop is human nature right? Nothing to be ashamed of right? But how many of y’all are taking a dump on the counter at your job to “free the dookie”? Have sense. 

You don't **** any random place because human excrement is considered a biohazardous substance. :rip: The ammonia in even a non-human animal's piss can give pregnant women pregnancy complications from exposure. Offense taken at boobs is an imagined grief.

People comparing boobs to genitals and **** reveal themselves to be not so different from far-rightists after all. There were also 2 men out *on the lawn on a hot June day* of the White House also shirtless. Every human has a chest. Either they're all sexual or none of them are.

There's a way to acknowledge: "Well *I* wouldn't be **** out at the White House because it's kinda cringe, but also narratives that a trans woman with her **** out sets any movement back or is somehow condemnable as a lewd or sexual act are inherently right-wing and wrong". :toofunny3:

Edited by Communion
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Taking up far-righters’ side to attack a member of our own community is exactly what internalized homophobia is. If internalized homophobia hits too close to home, let’s consider the Asians being the “model minority” analogy: if you want rights you should behave like the exemplary group; you deserve lashings because you’re not exhibiting “model behavior” - the same model behavior defined by conservatives to  strip away rights from folks who deviate from it. Sit with that a moment and think to yourself why it’s more important for you to ostracize this woman rather than to attack the far right for actively making life worse for the community.

10 hours ago, Contessa said:

Taking up far-righters’ side to attack a member of our own community is exactly what internalized homophobia is. If internalized homophobia hits too close to home, let’s consider the Asians being the “model minority” analogy: if you want rights you should behave like the exemplary group; you deserve lashings because you’re not exhibiting “model behavior” - the same model behavior defined by conservatives to  strip away rights from folks who deviate from it. Sit with that a moment and think to yourself why it’s more important for you to ostracize this woman rather than to attack the far right for actively making life worse for the community.

What are you talking about? Who is attacking her here?

I don't see anyone attacking her or expressing "internalized homophobia." Why the hell is everything "internalized homophobia" these days?

I see people saying that the actions taken were appropriate.

She did something that was considered an act that is culturally seen as not appropriate in a professional setting in front of the President of the United States. The same thing would have been done if a cis-woman took her top off at an event. Being barred from entering an event for going against the social rules of an establishment is something that should be expected.

Edited by Gladiator
  • Like 2

Threads like these just serve to expose how many ATRLers are actual reactionary conservatives in their own right. Y'all think simply being part of the LGBT+ community makes you immune to right-wing/conservative/pro-capitalism rethorics and makes it so any thought that pops up in your head is automatically ''sensible'', ''progressive'' and/or ''reasonable'', but it doesn't and they aren't. You are not that different from the people you criticize, it's just that y'all know what it's like being on the other side. But when you have the opportunity you don't think twice about treating other people the same dehumanizing and patronizing way you once were and this thread is a perfect example of this. 

We did not get to where we are now by appeasing to homophobes/transphobes and being ''appropriate'' :rip: ffs 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Idk why you'd do this at the White House honestly

There’s a time and a place people. There were children there. Like come ON

1 hour ago, AMIT said:

Threads like these just serve to expose how many ATRLers are actual reactionary conservatives in their own right. Y'all think simply being part of the LGBT+ community makes you immune to right-wing/conservative/pro-capitalism rethorics and makes it so any thought that pops up in your head is automatically ''sensible'', ''progressive'' and/or ''reasonable'', but it doesn't and they aren't. You are not that different from the people you criticize, it's just that y'all know what it's like being on the other side. But when you have the opportunity you don't think twice about treating other people the same dehumanizing and patronizing way you once were and this thread is a perfect example of this. 

We did not get to where we are now by appeasing to homophobes/transphobes and being ''appropriate'' :rip: ffs 

Yes, getting naked around children in a professional setting and criticizing the idiot who did that makes you a “conservative”. 

In the real world, this sets the movement back, and for what? People who aren’t terminally online think it’s incredibly unnecessary to take your clothes off in a public setting and guess what: it is. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Bears01 said:

Yes, getting naked around children in a professional setting and criticizing the idiot who did that makes you a “conservative”. 

In the real world, this sets the movement back, and for what? People who aren’t terminally online think it’s incredibly unnecessary to take your clothes off in a public setting and guess what: it is. 

People defending her and making the “internalized homophobia” argument are insane :rip: 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.