TuneCore teams up with Grimes for AI music releases

Nefertiti0

TuneCore has become one of the first music distributors to partner with musician Grimes around her recently-launched Elf.Tech project. Elf.Tech is already a partnership between Grimes and startup CreateSafe, which is building tools for other artists to follow her lead in training an AI based on their “audio, visual, and literary IP”.

Grimes said: “Very stoked to be working with CreateSafe and TuneCore to enable their users to distribute collaborations with GrimesAI to all major streaming platforms! Through this unique pilot partnership, I can consent to the use of my voice in other creators' releases, share revenue and easily distribute everyone’s work. Excited to be trying new things!”

Described as a ‘pilot’ program, it will see TuneCore reviewing music “to ensure it adheres to DSP guidelines” before distributing tracks to streaming services, with GrimesAI as a main or featured artist at a 50% royalty split between Grimes and the creators. Grimes’s approval is also required for all these collaborations.

TuneCore will now be part of ensuring any releases from its roster meet with Grimes’s approval, and – since this isn’t an exclusive deal – its involvement may encourage other distributors to sign on to the project too.

https://www.prweb.com/releases/2023/6/prweb19383825.htm
https://musically.com/2023/06/12/tunecore-teams-up-with-grimes-for-ai-voiceprint-music-releases/

Or you know the artist can just step in a recording booth and perform the song? 

19 minutes ago, UnfairTop said:

Or you know the artist can just step in a recording booth and perform the song? 

Yeah...

I won’t be streaming any music from AI, the covers are fun and everything but after 2-3 plays you realize there’s no humanity or creativity behind it.

Just a bunch of random algorithms pulled together.

If it’s humans mixed with AI maybe I will give it a try if the human is an actual artist with actual talent

If it a random basement nobody just clicking here and there I’ll completely pass.

This is cool but also disturbing and completely unnecessary. Music is not supposed to be mechanical. It’s supposed to be expressive, emotional- something only human beings can do because it requires real emotional experience. Idk :bam:

She’s got to be the only artist that is actually championing ai music :rip: 

not good sign really 

barbiegrande

Who the **** is this ***** besides a lame early 2010s act (for pretentious white gay men) who married rich 

Edited by barbiegrande

10 minutes ago, barbiegrande said:

Who the **** is this ***** besides a lame early 2010s act (for pretentious white gay men) who married rich 

She was THE Indie Manic Pixie Dream Girl for most of the late 2000's and early 2010's, imho. Much like Annie and Sally Shapiro.

Pitchfork pushed her hard in 2012. But like most intensely political music outlets, they turn on you just as hard if you ruin their representation because your own has gone down in flames. Which they already have in their new review with Miss Anthropocene.

so no need for ghostproducers anymore I guess, yay let's embrace AI!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.