Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

QR codes: success or flop?

Featured Replies

  • ATRL Moderator
3 hours ago, onapearl said:

I like them in some instances, but I don't like them in other instances. 

Same. Like I don't like them for menus for example, but I like them when you want to quickly check out a website in passing or for Venmo, etc.

  • Replies 30
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • shookspeare
    shookspeare

    I feel like a total boomer cuz I always forget how to scan the damn things and I'm 26  I hate them

  • Use a QR Code. Order on your phone. …..but the waiter still wants a tip     its a flop

  • girl you just gotta pull out ur camera app

A small success

 

It will have some uses and have its place in the real world but won't really replace bar codes imo

They are a success when they make things easier. For example, when signing into a smart TV, the QR code some streaming platforms allow you to use so you can log into your account on your phone as opposed to using the slow, janky keyboard on your TV, is great.

 

QR codes that are nothing more than a link to a website are stupid and pointless lol.

Bar codes are only for products on supermarkets.

 

QR code is more global. :giraffe:

I don't have strong feelings for or against QR codes but they've been widely adopted and remained so. Any common standard that's embraced by everyone is a positive I think.

 

I wish the world moved to a single charger/outlet/measuring solution because it's not tied to cultures and it only benefits everyone

Edited by Illuminati

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.