QR codes: success or flop?

Angelo

What do you think ATRL? Why it did not replace bar codes?  

Discuss. 

Success, then flop, then success, and finally flop. QR codes came back during the pandemic but we all hate QR menus now. And restaurants are trying to phase them out. 

It's kind of iconic, I have to say.

Like, you don't think of them, but they're always there.

The real life 503. But it's not annoying and it doesn't slow you down, in fact, it makes things faster!

I think the major issue behind QR codes revolves around access to wifi/internet tbh. 

in my industry, old people ******* HATE it, but it truly is the right step to the future. the safety possibilities with it are endless. 

They’re great for connecting to wi-fi especially if it’s a complicated password.  

I feel like a total boomer cuz I always forget how to scan the damn things and I'm 26 :rip: I hate them

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, shookspeare said:

I feel like a total boomer cuz I always forget how to scan the damn things and I'm 26 :rip: I hate them

girl you just gotta pull out ur camera app

• Like 2

its okay, i just hate how the restaurants that only have QR menus are the same ones with bad service & bad wifi :rip: 

8 minutes ago, shookspeare said:

what? you just use your camera

I just started a business and ordered bus. cards w/ QR codes. Ppl better be able to know how to use them by now.

I hate them 'cause I don't have wifi when I go out (I don't have a data plan). 

They kinda saved my life idk. Love seeing old people struggle to scan them too

:gayorkcat2:

Use a QR Code. Order on your phone.

…..but the waiter still wants a tip

its a flop

• Like 3

It's a hit to me. Having the menu or access to wifi in just a matter of seconds it's way more convenient than ask to the waiter for example

Flop. Bring back print menus.

I think they make things easier; I like using them. They're successful in my book. I hope they become more widespread, honestly.

What? I had no idea people hate them :rip: 

Loveeee putting them on a flyer/poster, business card :heart2: 

1 hour ago, James_Joint said:

They’re great for connecting to wi-fi especially if it’s a complicated password.  

This. Their only use 

I lowkey hate it. This one restaurant used QR to scan & view the menu I was mad asf.

In India everything is done nowadays using QR code

Even bank transactions can be made just with simple tap. India is very far advanced in Banking technology compared to most of the world.

Read about it.

47 minutes ago, FolkLover1989 said:

In India everything is done nowadays using QR code

Even bank transactions can be made just with simple tap. India is very far advanced in Banking technology compared to most of the world.

Read about it.

Yeah you don't need cash at all anymore

• Like 1

They are really ugly to look at that’s for sure. The pandemic really saved them. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.