BET editor exposes Nicki mistreatment, praises her tenacity

FOCK

Former BET editor, Andreas Hale, speaks out on the mistreatment Nicki Minaj faced by the network when she started out: 

Nicki begins sending me footage from the tour. It was raw and I thought it would be perfect. My Boss? Not so much. She refused to allow any video editors to edit the footage and said Nicki was a nothing a** internet rapper with a big booty.

What did Nicki do after I told her what was said? She said “What if I edit it myself and send it to you?” She didn’t have to do that, she could’ve dissed everyone at BET. Nope. She edited it, sent it to me and we posted it. 

2V4VNK6turcX.jpg?o=1

https://twitter.com/buzzingpop/status/1667625859618942983?s=46&t=mJH3C8gIap6FMyvQEHSEZQ

Now her videos are out viewing the entire show in mere hours & she is the top 10 most streamed rapper ever, still killing it 13 years in the game. Corporate giants and machines really went against ha. A genuine hustle & come up. :clap3:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Talent prevails!

1 minute ago, UnfairTop said:

"and we posted it"

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b9520d013d55a89148367

These were videos that introduced Nicki as an artist to an entirely new audience that she wouldn’t have otherwise reached by touring alone. They played a massive role in the launch of her career, and this shows just how much of her success can be credited solely to her willpower, as well as highlighting the lack of support she had from outlets and industry bodies, particularly one that brands itself as the pinnacle of black media, which one would presume would support homegrown artists of color. 

Talent won, period. Say what you want about how you feel about her personally. She is a star and she is talented and determined. A triple threat. She was integral to shaping the modern thriving landscape for female rappers.

• Like 3

Talent won 

not "homegrown artists of color" :toofunny3:

Anyway, cute story. Her work ethic was actually respectable in the early days in /this/ regard.

Talent won

What was the video? Was it the one of her on the motorcycle?

barbiegrande

Nicki Minaj manifested her legend status. No one can ever take away what she’s accomplished for women in rap and Queer POC fans of hip hop. Especially not white twinks pushing 40 on ATRL 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.