Nicki Minaj & Ice Spice f/ Aqua - "Barbie World"

kyliefever2002

1 hour ago, SmittenCake said:

Charli has her own song on the album 

I know but they rejected her first song for the soundtrack with a banger Barbie Girl sample. It would have been dope but I'm looking forward to Speed Drive

• Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nickimeetsatrl

• HEAVYONIT

• Nico Kwon

• D.Va

They just ATE :jonny2:. The sample was amazing as well....too bad it's too short

58 minutes ago, Material Girl said:

i don’t think you even know what you’re talking about :rip: “sonically” how is the barbie girl sample in a song about barbie world not fitting the song to you? or is your real problem the fact that it’s black girls making a rap song for a barbie movie? 

We're on ATRL. They expected the soundtrack to be completely disco pop with white pop stars and autotune.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

6 minutes ago, Nico Kwon said:

We're on ATRL. They expected the soundtrack to be completely disco pop with white pop stars and autotune.

facts

like we getting tortured with poppers sniffing faguettes in here

nicki and ice spice are rappers, get over it

• Like 1

barbiegrande
16 minutes ago, rasmushooker said:

facts

like we getting tortured with poppers sniffing faguettes in here

nicki and ice spice are rappers, get over it

Saying stuff like “They ruined a classic” as if the OG Barbie Girl is even a good song that people don’t only use as a meme nowadays :rip: 

Edited by barbiegrande
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Material Girl said:

i don’t think you even know what you’re talking about :rip: “sonically” how is the barbie girl sample in a song about barbie world not fitting the song to you? or is your real problem the fact that it’s black girls making a rap song for a barbie movie? 

I assume they mean the sample being there didn’t add something to the song like the samples in SFG, Anaconda, & WAP. It’s like you can take the sample out and it will be the same song. It wasn’t utilized properly and I agree. As I and another user said, they (the artists and producer) could have used more of the sample before and throughout the song to make it longer. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

It got roughly 1.8M radio first day

16 minutes ago, TiaTamera said:

I assume they mean the sample being there didn’t add something to the song like the samples in SFG, Anaconda, & WAP. It’s like you can take the sample out and it will be the same song. It wasn’t utilized properly and I agree. As I and another user said, they (the artists and producer) could have used more of the sample before and throughout the song to make it longer. 

i’m just not buying it. i think y’all are hearing a drill beat and don’t know what to do with yourselves 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Oh wow this is BAD bad. Nicki getting ATE tf up by one of the most basic lifeless female mc's to ever touch a mic is also sending me :deadbanana2:

When will Nicki realise ain't nobody here for a 40 year old bloated broke down Barbie, she needs to let it go because it isn't working in the slightest :deadbanana4:

Edited by iaintiffin
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 9

21 minutes ago, iaintiffin said:

Oh wow this is BAD bad. Nicki getting ATE tf up by one of the most basic lifeless female mc's to ever touch a mic is also sending me :deadbanana2:

When will Nicki realise ain't nobody here for a 40 year old bloated broke down Barbie, she needs to let it go because it isn't working in the slightest :deadbanana4:

Aren’t you a lil Kim stan 😭😭

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Nickimeetsatrl said:

Aren’t you a lil Kim stan 😭😭

What of it? I stan all the girls with rap classics.

Stay on topic Barb otherwise i'll have to report :fan:

• Thumbs Down 11

the drill beat sounds ridiculous over the sample that’s why everyone except one fanbase is dragging…

2 hours ago, Material Girl said:

i’m just not buying it. i think y’all are hearing a drill beat and don’t know what to do with yourselves 

This cannot be in reference to me, a Black girl from New York. It has nothing to do with it being in a drill beat, and everything to do with a 1:49 length song with the lack of use of a sample 😂

2 hours ago, iaintiffin said:

How old are you, if you don’t mind me asking?

• Haha 1

barbiegrande
2 hours ago, iaintiffin said:

What of it? I stan all the girls with rap classics.

Stay on topic Barb otherwise i'll have to report :fan:

Go ahead and report you old, single gay boy from the 90s

Edited by barbiegrande
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Saweetie sucks but I feel like they should've stolen the arrangement and production on her sample 

I like drill very much but this is missing the catchiness of the original song, could have added a different beat whilst still incorporating. iT gUrLs aNd wE AinT plAyinG tag :toofunny2: just doesn't cut it. Corny.

Meh. She finally had the chance to make a CLASSIC with the sample of a CLASSIC song and released this :doc: 

Edited by State of Grace.

stop replying to dud trollz barbz. let them look dumb while also looking obsessed with the Queen. :laugh: Barbie World is already out doing all the other girls releases :deadbanana2::alexz:

1 hour ago, TiaTamera said:

This cannot be in reference to me, a Black girl from New York. It has nothing to do with it being in a drill beat, and everything to do with a 1:49 length song with the lack of use of a sample 😂

i like how riot used the sample so im just defending it. it was more at the other post i quoted  

31 minutes ago, barbiegrande said:

Go ahead and report you old, single gay boy from the 90s

you are being polite here, I'm guessing 80's

already lost the #1 spot on itunes.. that was quick for the queen of itunes 

This is fine. It’s definitely grown on me and has been a moment for sure. Everyone acting like it’s a lead single when it’s a movie soundtrack song :redface:

6/10. I expected so much more, but it's still listenable.

Harajuku Barbie

It’s underwhelming let’s be fr :coffee:

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.