Maeta - 'When I Hear Your Name'

nooniebao

I'm surprised this isn't making like ANY noise. She seems to be recent Roc Nation pushed artist. I don't know if anybody remembers, but some months ago (maybe last year even?) I said that a scrapped R9 track was supposed to be released by a new Roc Nation flop, I meant this girl, but it seems to have been taken from the album in the end (I wonder if that means Rih got interested in it again? Doubt it though). But besides that even, the album has really interesting writing credits - there is SZA, KAYTRANADA, Dj Dahi, Lucky Daye, Demi, The-Dream, Kehlani, OG Parker, Ant Clemons and more.. A Rihanna co-write wouldn't even look that out of place. How did she get all of that?

5 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

I'm surprised this isn't making like ANY noise. She seems to be recent Roc Nation pushed artist. I don't know if anybody remembers, but some months ago (maybe last year even?) I said that a scrapped R9 track was supposed to be released by a new Roc Nation flop, I meant this girl, but it seems to have been taken from the album in the end (I wonder if that means Rih got interested in it again? Doubt it though). But besides that even, the album has really interesting writing credits - there is SZA, KAYTRANADA, Dj Dahi, Lucky Daye, Demi, The-Dream, Kehlani, OG Parker, Ant Clemons and more.. A Rihanna co-write wouldn't even look that out of place. How did she get all of that?

Well, like you said she seems to be the Roc Nation label’s priority act at the moment. They’re a publishing company too with connections to great songwriters and producers. Which would explain the push she’s getting behind the scenes. Are you in a position to share the scrapped R9song’s title or who worked on it?

1 minute ago, nooniebao said:

Well, like you said she seems to be the Roc Nation label’s priority act at the moment. They’re a publishing company too with connections to great songwriters and producers. Which would explain the push she’s getting behind the scenes. Are you in a position to share the scrapped R9song’s title or who worked on it?

Yeah it's indeed not that shocking, I'm just surprised we don't hear about her more. I thought her announcing that tracklist with credits some time ago would spark some interest at least here, but nothing it seems.

And yes the title was actually registered some years back I recall, Love Looks Like Us

I thought about making this thread but was like eh. :rip:

Anyways, I am liking the album. The credits imply to me that several of these songs might have been presented or worked on by other artists and got scrapped.

Through The Night is the standout, but Kissing New People(I hope Demi’s version wasn’t as polished as this cause I don’t know why she wouldn’t do anything with it :rip:) Control Freak and **** Your Friend are really great as well. 

Edited by Taste of Honey

Kissing New People is a bop :jonnycat:

Someone leak Demi's version if there is any, delete Ty Dolla and make a Maeta X Demi version

33 minutes ago, Taste of Honey said:

I thought about making this thread but was like eh. :rip:

Anyways, I am liking the album. The credits imply to me that several of these songs might have been presented or worked on by other artists and got scrapped.

Through The Night is the standout, but Kissing New Friends(I hope Demi’s version wasn’t as polished as this cause I don’t know why she wouldn’t do anything with it :rip:) Control Freak and **** Your Friend are really great as well. 

17 minutes ago, thatsmydemi said:

Kissing New People is a bop :jonnycat:

Someone leak Demi's version if there is any, delete Ty Dolla and make a Maeta X Demi version

From the credits, it’s probably a Dancing with the Devil... the Art of Starting Over reject. Blush who co-wrote 4 songs on that album is a credited songwriter on Kissing New People.

• 2 weeks later...

This has actually kinda evolved into one of my favorite albums of the year, minus Anybody(sorry SZA!) and somewhat ASMR. :jonny: 

I’m gonna get her tour tickets I guess since she is a good live singer. 

Cool Cat is such a terrific song omg:jonny5:

i got hooked on See You Around :jonny5: such a real sentiment

I wanted to like it more. there's a few standouts and the vibe is cute, but overall it's pretty forgettable. :/

• 1 month later...

I'm gonna see her live tonight and give her a note of people to work with. My list will contain the following 

Writers/Producers

• Austin Millz
• Becky Hill
• Black Coffee
• Timbaland 
• Danja
• Hitmaka
• Diplo
• MNEK
• Raye
• Kamille
• Stargate 
• Ne Yo 
• Banx And Ranx
• Poo Bear
• Mark Ronson 
• Silk City 
• Naughty Boy 
• SG Lewis 
• Boi 1da 
• Cashmere Cat
• Tove Lo 
• BloodPop
• Hit Boy 
• Felix Snow 
• MadeInTYO  
• Cirkut 
• Mike Will Made It 
• Benny Blanco
• Disclosure 
• Flume

• Victoria Monet 

• Jack Antonoff

• Lewis Capaldi 

• Finneas  

• Bonnie McKee 

Male Artists
• Burna Boy
• Party Next Door 
• Khalid
• 6lack
• Big Sean
• Miguel 
• Tyga
• Majid Jordan
• Gunna
• The Weeknd

• Bruno Mars 

• WizKid 

• Omar Apollo 

Female Artists
• Kali Uchis
• Sabrina Claudio 
• Alina Baraz
• Saweetie
• Kiana Lede
• Ari Lennox 
• Bia
• Kehlani 
• Tinashe
• Shenseea
• Jorja Smith
• Doechii 
• Bree Runway
• Latto
• Alicia Keys
• Muni Long 
• Jasmine Sullivan 
• Ella Mai
• Summer Walker 
• Missy Elliott 
• Mimi Webb 
• Arya Starr

• 1 month later...

not me just finding out that Cool Cat is a Queen cover :deadbanana2:

This album is actually pretty great? Obviously she doesn't have anything to say as an artist (which is almost a prerequisite if you want to be a successful female R&B singer) considering these are mostly all rejects but ummm her voice is beautiful?:jonny6:

I'll be on the lookout for new music

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

her voice is one that's even better in a live setting so this is a lovely addition 

That live version of “**** Your Friend” is clearing. :jonny: She’s such an excellent singer. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.