Lover debuts at no 1 on Billboard’s Catalog Albums

DesiredConsternation

b6oo8vn.jpg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DesiredConsternation said:

b6oo8vn.jpg

Taylor Swift's "Lover" is the first ever album to debut at No.1 on the Billboard Catalog Album chart since its creation.

Oh great. Taylor is going to be the queen of this chart 

2 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

Oh great. Taylor is going to be the queen of this chart 

TV will wipe all of her albums off this chart for years except Lover :skull:

What are the requirements to be a “catalog album”

3 minutes ago, RobynYoBank said:

Ohhhh that's true. Welp 

12 minutes ago, Space Cowboy said:

Yeah im confused lover wasn't here already. Maybe 200 weeks?

18 minutes ago, Space Cowboy said:

I think it's albums older than 2 years (or 3 years?) that have at some point fallen out the top 100 on the Billboard 200.

7 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

Yeah im confused lover wasn't here already. Maybe 200 weeks?

Our fellows over a pulse music board realized that the Billboard wasn't following its own catalogue rules, complained, and so Billboard corrected the error and reclassified lover as a catalogue album. The rule is that an album counts as a catalogue if its more than 18 months old and has fallen below position 100 at some point. 

wait, can someone explain this chart to me? Because The Fame and Teenage Dream, which are much older than Lover, are still charting on the BB200, right? :confused:

If anyone else was curious, I had to look it up - Lover has only spent three weeks in its entire chart run below #100. The first was Evermore's second week, and the other two happened in April 2022.

48 minutes ago, Summer Boy said:

wait, can someone explain this chart to me? Because The Fame and Teenage Dream, which are much older than Lover, are still charting on the BB200, right:confused:

Yes you're correct.

Just because albums are on this chart, doesn't mean they aren't allowed to also chart on the bb200. Lover 1989 and reputation are 1-2-3 on this chart and all of them are top 25 on the bb200 this week. Teenage Dream & TFM are on both as well.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Summer Boy said:

wait, can someone explain this chart to me? Because The Fame and Teenage Dream, which are much older than Lover, are still charting on the BB200, right? :confused:

Lover is still charting in the BB 200. It was 6 last week. Its a chart like the country album charts that doesn't prevent albums from charting on the main chart.

An album is classified as  catalog if its older than 18 months and at one point charted below 100 on the Billboard top 200.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RobynYoBank said:

Taylor a flop in the catalog chart. Why?

9 minutes ago, MingYouToo said:

I can see it:dies:

OT: Lover getting multiple weeks at #1 in this chart would be a kii

39 minutes ago, MingYouToo said:

L*ve Again making this thread as we speak. 

9 hours ago, Isaiah said:

Yes you're correct.

Just because albums are on this chart, doesn't mean they aren't allowed to also chart on the bb200. Lover 1989 and reputation are 1-2-3 on this chart and all of them are top 25 on the bb200 this week. Teenage Dream & TFM are on both as well.

9 hours ago, cat1867 said:

Lover is still charting in the BB 200. It was 6 last week. Its a chart like the country album charts that doesn't prevent albums from charting on the main chart.

An album is classified as  catalog if its older than 18 months and at one point charted below 100 on the Billboard top 200.

oh okay, thank you guys! I thought it was some kind of recurrent chart :rip: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.