Taylor Swift - "Cruel Summer"

Michael196

Reminder that you can buy the song on iTunes and Amazon Music, and there's the album version of Cruel Summer to stream + the More Lover Chapter version :gaycat5:

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Michael196

• LiamVillain

• Maroonx

• LostInStereo100

8 hours ago, pepsimanvn said:

She probably won’t submit Cruel Summer for Grammys as it might hurt antihero. 

Exactly. If this goes #1, this will be a “for the Swifties” type hit. Anti-Hero will undoubtedly be the one they push for the Grammys. 

7 hours ago, Squall said:

I am not sure of this considering how dead YouTube is.

mvs are dead for sure but honestly with the way the Eras Tour is slaying I think the fans and even public would flock to a professionally filmed performance from that tour (with maybe like a intro where Taylor talks about how this song is old but it made it to a single due to the fans or something cheesy / cute like that lol). Also if they discount the song on itunes that same week it could help boost pure sales. I am hopeful tbh! Remixes might be an overkill. We dont want her to have to depend on remixes always for her songs to hit #1 (not that they have but many of her more recent ones needed that little push which is ok of course). 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Crank_It_Up said:

Are we even sure Drake is coming this Friday? I feel like it’s been speculated every week as of late…

I thought the theory was that he was releasing next Friday, hence why Olivia is suddenly releasing her next single this week.

2 minutes ago, Maroonx said:

This just needs a small push... why isn't her team doing anything :-/

I'll be optimistic and hope that they are working on the tour video, but they needed the footage that they just filmed in LA, so it'll drop sometime in the next two weeks.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RobynYoBank said:

I'll be optimistic and hope that they are working on the tour video, but they needed the footage that they just filmed in LA, so it'll drop sometime in the next two weeks.

I hope so!!!!

1 hour ago, RobynYoBank said:

I thought the theory was that he was releasing next Friday, hence why Olivia is suddenly releasing her next single this week.

Oh okay, that is probably the case then.

But why are the fans trying so hard to push for the #1? It has a better chance next week especially when Olivia is unlikely to debut at #1. 

Edited by Crank_It_Up

52 minutes ago, Crank_It_Up said:

But why are the fans trying so hard to push for the #1? It has a better chance next week especially when Olivia is unlikely to debut at #1. 

My thoughts exactly... I don't see Drake releasing this week tbh (even so, I don't know if he will smash like before).

I don't even know if the official push is coming... Olivia releasing Aug 11 and potentially Aug 25, Drake probably dropping soonish, unless she wants to fuel the Tay/Liv feud rumours again that only leaves Sep 1 which is barely summer :rip:

Top 10 on US Apple Music :clap3:

Still behind 5 Travis songs

7 hours ago, perfectillusion204 said:

It's gonna peak at #2 just like ME! & YNTCD. The Lover curse. But it's what she deserves for not making Cruel Summer a single back then tbh. I wonder how different her career would be today if she did release CS as the lead (or even 2nd single). Good thing we'll never know!

CS as the lead and Lover as the follow up was so obvious. That being said, I feel like the backlash from ME! and even YNTCD motivated her to write exceptionally well on folklore/evermore to let people know her pen game is strong.

• Like 2

I don’t think CS would have done anything close to the numbers it’s doing today back in 2019

• Thanks 1

If she releases a tour video on the last night of the US leg of her tour, it could hit #1 :eek:

"She could, she should bla bla bla..."

As of now, they are doing nothing and this tracking week is about to finish so we just need to accept they won't. And Yes, this coming weeks filled with Olivia and Drake, it is stupid not to push it this week but whatever, still a huge hit.

12 minutes ago, omrimayo said:

"She could, she should bla bla bla..."

As of now, they are doing nothing and this tracking week is about to finish so we just need to accept they won't. And Yes, this coming weeks filled with Olivia and Drake, it is stupid not to push it this week but whatever, still a huge hit.

They are clearly doing something. On Sunday it jumped a few spots on TTH and has been #2 on there since. 

They must have bigger plans soon. :dancehall: 

6 hours ago, AndThenTheCocaine said:

I don't even know if the official push is coming... Olivia releasing Aug 11 and potentially Aug 25, Drake probably dropping soonish, unless she wants to fuel the Tay/Liv feud rumours again that only leaves Sep 1 which is barely summer :rip:

Olivia is releasing a promo single, not sure why you guys keep bringing her up as some kind of threat.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, DeepEnd said:

CS as the lead and Lover as the follow up was so obvious. That being said, I feel like the backlash from ME! and even YNTCD motivated her to write exceptionally well on folklore/evermore to let people know her pen game is strong.

exactly! and without Folklore/Evermore her career wouldn't be reaching the ultimate heights it is now

5 hours ago, DeepEnd said:

Oh this is so true... blondie had a point to prove.

Edited by Peroxide
  • Like 1

Cruel Summer's rise has been so impressive to witness. I honestly could see it becoming one of her very biggest hits, in the lane of Shake It Off, Blank Space, Love Story or Anti-Hero.

• Like 1

Pop

1 (=) Cruel Summer

Spins: 16632 (-39)

Audience: 49.994M (-0.066M)

Gap to #2: 2418(+35)

Gap to closest competition:

#3 (+1): 3430(-365)

HAC

6 (=) Cruel Summer

Spins: 4500 (+107)

Audience: 18.026M (+0.633M)

AC

12 (=) Cruel Summer

Spins: 368 (+34)

Audience: 2.776M (+0.105M)

Cruel Summer:

US:

Amazon: #2 (=)

Spotify: #2 (=) ***1.315M (71k more than last tuesday)***128k from #1

Radio: #4 (=)

AM: #10 (+1) *#5 without new releases

iTunes: #3 (=)

Shazam: #30 (=)

it's now or never, thought she could hold more but those fuckers at pop are about to drop it, when they've been playing the same **** from last year :biblio:

1 minute ago, Michael196 said:

it's now or never, thought she could hold more but those fuckers at pop are about to drop it, when they've been playing the same **** from last year :biblio:

We said it since Friday, not it's too late anyway and last week onwards it's a lost cause, let's try to enjoy the top 3 :|

• Thumbs Down 2

3 minutes ago, Michael196 said:

Pop

1 (=) Cruel Summer

Spins: 16632 (-39)

Audience: 49.994M (-0.066M)

I hope it bounces back, but I think this is finally peaking and now it will start to decrease.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.