Taylor Swift - "Cruel Summer"

Michael196

Definitely getting a new peak in Saturday! 

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Michael196

• LiamVillain

• Maroonx

• LostInStereo100

Omg the playlisting :WAP: too bad Olivia will block her everywhere :weeps:

Holy mfg it's really Vampire vs Cruel Summer on Spotify TTH AND Apple Today's Hits

While Taylor HQ is normally as hard to infiltrate as Fort Knox, over the years bits and pieces of information have leaked about her intentions for the rest of the Lover era. Chief among them was, apparently, to officially release Cruel Summer as a single to accompany her live shows in the summer of 2020. A music video was even filmed, before being scrapped when Taylor moved into the mythical forest of folklore.

• https://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/inside-the-rise-and-rise-of-taylor-swifts-cruel-summer

wait.... what? there is a music video for it????

So the Cruel Summer vs Vampire battle is really starting isn't it? I'm really excited to see where this is going.

I think Vampire will have higher chart peaks but Cruel Summer already has close to 700M Spotify streams and is only STARTING to really smash so it's gonna take a while for Vampire to catch up (except if it becomes a Flowers kind of smash, which i doubt). We'll see what happens but this whole thing is really exciting.

Come on, Cruel Summer, you're 100 times better than vampire :duca: 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, OnlyManInTheWorld said:

Come on, Cruel Summer, you're 100 times better than vampire :duca: 

It really is, by a long shot. Vampire will have the advantage at least initially on comeback hype alone but it would be great if Cruel Summer could beat it in the long run :duca:

Pop:

#19 (=) Cruel Summer *Peak 

Spins: 4873 (+295) 

Audience: 17.910M (+0.864M)

HAC:

#24 (+1) Cruel Summer *New Peak* 

Spins: 852 (+68)

Audience: 5.243M (+0.283M)

US Radio Overall:

#37.(+4) Cruel Summer - 23.93M (+1.21)

Cruel Summer:

US:

Spotify: #4 (=)

Amazon: #4 (=)

iTunes: #12 (-1)

AM: #18 (+3)

Radio: #37 (+4) 

Shazam: #80 (+4)

Spotify:

WW: #3 — (=) [+3,885,150*66k from #2

US: #4 — (=) [+1,049,212*101k from #3

PH: #1 — (+1) [+451,608]

AU: #2 — (=) [+241,437*7k from #1

UK: #4 — (+1) [+245,354] *11k from #3

Singapore: #1 — (=) [+45,685]

Edited by Michael196

11 minutes ago, Enrique523 said:

It really is, by a long shot. Vampire will have the advantage at least initially on comeback hype alone but it would be great if Cruel Summer could beat it in the long run :duca:

I just want justice, Cruel Summer is THAT song :duca: 

1 hour ago, Maroonx said:

I’ve been saying this… it was available on mediabase and was added to a couple of playlists, the pandemic hit a month before the tour was supposed to begin and Taylor always plans everything in advance which meant that a MV was filmed early 2020 or maybe even late 2019 along with The Man’s mv since she had rehearsals in the months leading to the tour… but everything got scrapped for obvious reasons.

I feel like this is going to be one of her biggest smash hits. It does seem that it will have legs.

23 hours ago, wowsignal14 said:

am i the only one who doesn't want a music video for cruel summer? it's just gonna stall at 40m views. meanwhile of she uploads the performance from eras tour it'll do way better.

I mean, does it make financial sense? Maybe not... but she's going to make SO much money off this tour, and maybe Taylor and the fans just want to give this song a visual?

I'd welcome a video.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Enrique523 said:

So the Cruel Summer vs Vampire battle is really starting isn't it? I'm really excited to see where this is going.

I think Vampire will have higher chart peaks but Cruel Summer already has close to 700M Spotify streams and is only STARTING to really smash so it's gonna take a while for Vampire to catch up (except if it becomes a Flowers kind of smash, which i doubt). We'll see what happens but this whole thing is really exciting.

Cruel Summer is going to win

1 hour ago, reymiu said:

Cruel Summer is going to win

I hope so!

they're really coming through with the playlisting whew I'm gagged

7 hours ago, =NEX= said:

Next week #1: Vampire

Week after: Enchanted 

Week after: Cruel Summer

A dream :alexz3:

#29 on US Apple Music. Down 9 spots vs 24h ago with 18 debuts ahead :giraffe:

Its easily beating release day on Spotify today. 4.5M+ I guess

On 6/29/2023 at 12:28 AM, chiliam said:

you guys are doing way too much on her self direct video.

cardigan is a serve, i cried when they zoomed out the whole ocean scene is beautiful

The man, Willow, ATW10, Anti hero, Lavender Haze, Bejeweled while not amazing is still fitted the song well. And honestly have you guys watch any other pop stars music videos, these underwhelming videos from Taylor are still better than most other pop videos. In recent years, only maybe 2-3 videos from Doja are better. 

She improved a lot with Karma, the video is so underrated, it was great, i might say on Kahn`s pop video level

The Man is one of the worst music videos ever for such a great song, too :rip: I love Taylor but nah

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.