Taylor Swift - "Cruel Summer"

Michael196

4 minutes ago, RobynYoBank said:

LWYMMD was her best, but in general I agree. Shake It Off and Blank Space are her next two best, and everything since LWYMMD has been not good. 

Yes LWYMMD is iconic AF, but the other rep videos are meh. Delicate is at least cute.

• Like 1

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Michael196

• LiamVillain

• Maroonx

• LostInStereo100

I remember when the 1989 were premiered on awards. What a time to witness 

you guys are doing way too much on her self direct video.

cardigan is a serve, i cried when they zoomed out the whole ocean scene is beautiful

The man, Willow, ATW10, Anti hero, Lavender Haze, Bejeweled while not amazing is still fitted the song well. And honestly have you guys watch any other pop stars music videos, these underwhelming videos from Taylor are still better than most other pop videos. In recent years, only maybe 2-3 videos from Doja are better. 

She improved a lot with Karma, the video is so underrated, it was great, i might say on Kahn`s pop video level

• Thanks 1

littlebodybigheart

imagine wanting her to spend unnecessary money hiring directors for videos that aren’t gonna get more than 40 million views :rip:

#5 (+2) on global Apple Music :party:

I kinda don’t agree regarding her MVs? The folkmore videos were gorgeous. Karma was an amazing video and I definitely feel it’s one of her best. Bejeweled was also really good. Anti-Hero was cute. Don’t do too much on Midnights videos idk I loved them lol. The only miss I feel was Lavender Haze (it just felt so slow while the song is such an opening banger for the album… the lavender bath scene was the highlight) 

Her directing has improved so much from The Man (:rip:) and after Karma I honestly am excited to see what she does next :WAP:

Edited by Finkypop
  • Like 1

Pop:

#19. Cruel Summer [+1] *New Peak*

— Spins: 4578 [+350]

— Audience: 17.046M [+0.901]

HAC:

#25. Cruel Summer [+2] *New Peak*

— Spins: 784 [+93]

— Audience: 4.960M [+0.246]

US Radio Overall
41.(+4) Cruel Summer - 22.72M (+1.24M)

Cruel Summer:

US:

Spotify: #4 (=)

Amazon: #4 (=)

iTunes: #11 (-1)

AM: #21 (=)

Radio: #41 (+4) 

Shazam: #84 (+8)

Spotify:

WW: #3 — (=) [+3,900,213*99k from #2

US: #4 — (=) [+1,010,124*44k from #3

PH: #2 — (=) [+462,691*354 from #1

AU: #2 — (+1) [+248,520*5k from #1

UK: #5 — (=) [+246,600] *8k from #3

Edited by Michael196

am i the only one who doesn't want a music video for cruel summer? it's just gonna stall at 40m views. meanwhile of she uploads the performance from eras tour it'll do way better.

• ATRL Moderator
6 hours ago, littlebodybigheart said:

imagine wanting her to spend unnecessary money hiring directors for videos that aren’t gonna get more than 40 million views :rip:

When you puta it like that :dies:

I wouldn't be opposed to a video, but I would absolutely love a live stripped version a la State of Grace (Acoustic). Maybe in August as summer is winding down? That chorus over some light strings and acoustic guitars with a head voice delivery could be heavenly 

6 hours ago, littlebodybigheart said:

This is true. Music video culture feels so dead in the US. I’m not sure a single music video released after LWWYMD left a mark.

is2g if the cruel summer video is her lounging in summerwear in the summer im gonna be mad asl.

the lavender haze mv was so uninspired :deadbanana4: give us a tour video for this instead queen!

2 hours ago, MingYouToo said:

is2g if the cruel summer video is her lounging in summerwear in the summer im gonna be mad asl.

the lavender haze mv was so uninspired :deadbanana4: give us a tour video for this instead queen!

True but i love that she had a trans man play her love interest, it was pretty refreshing.

I feel like Karma was really well directed and a big improvement from her past work. I’m not sure what a Cruel Summer MV would look like though, Style's music video comes to my mind

smashing as always. 4M is coming earlier than I thought :flame:

I want a music video just for the sake of it, and tbh it’ll probably do better than her other recent videos 

But yes a live performance upload would do way better and should come in July. A proper video can be used later.

4 hours ago, wowsignal14 said:

am i the only one who doesn't want a music video for cruel summer? it's just gonna stall at 40m views. meanwhile of she uploads the performance from eras tour it'll do way better.

I wholeheartedly agree. It's not even a question of doing better, it's just that it would be amazing to have this performance greatly recorded. 

On 6/28/2023 at 3:38 PM, Michael196 said:

it's doing great in europe, the tour announcement helped too

I'll post an updated list of how it's been performing worldwide and how much it rose in the past week

thanks a lot for spending time on posting these updates!:heart:

a top 10 residency is what is needed:jonny5:

7 hours ago, Holiest Dreams said:

I want a music video just for the sake of it, and tbh it’ll probably do better than her other recent videos 

But yes a live performance upload would do way better and should come in July. A proper video can be used later.

This would be smart. Just record the Eras tour performance and throw the album audio over it. It would do really well for those who have and haven't been to the show. 

1 hour ago, xhazeleyes42x said:

This would be smart. Just record the Eras tour performance and throw the album audio over it. It would do really well for those who have and haven't been to the show. 

Exactly! A beautifully filmed live performance of the song would do way more than a fully original video at this point. The tour is such a phenomenon, a live performance video would be very exciting to see.

• ATRL Moderator

When she casts a Joe look-a-like to play the love interest and includes dialogue for the sole purpose of showcasing his English accent before he plummets to his death :wanda:

(I'm joking, I swear)

17 hours ago, littlebodybigheart said:

I’m unsure on my stance on this! I feel like she’s really invested in fan service and it sort’ve gives back to the fans? It’s not like she’s going to go without coin. Still, unsure on my stance 🤔 I like all of her videos anyway, the man didn’t do much for me though.

CRUEL SUMMER #2 AT TODAY'S TOP HITS!!! THE JUMP!!!!! THE DRAMA BEGINS! 

On 6/23/2023 at 3:53 PM, Prismee said:

watch it be bumped to 2 behind Vampire next week :eli: the stars are aligning 

:eli: 

the streams boost it's gonna get :jonny: 

Love to see it jumping on TTH. Deserved. :clap3:

Cruel Summer is definitely coming HARDER.

The TikTok Vampire/Cruel Summer theories are coming.

Edited by Taylor fanboy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.