Taylor Swift - "Cruel Summer"

Michael196

4 hours ago, omrimayo said:

This... 

If cruel summer gets #1, it won't be weeks after Olivia and then SN so it'll be fine 

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Michael196

• LiamVillain

• Maroonx

• LostInStereo100

I expect her team to move this to TTH's top 10 in the next update

pleek

22 minutes ago, cruelhprince said:

I expect her team to move this to TTH's top 10 in the next update

pleek

I just hope that it’s not too soon for that to happen. It only hit 50 today on overall radio afterall. It’s almost moving too fast :dies: 

Luckily it seems it’s not going anywhere anytime soon and we have all summer for it to smash :duca: 

2 hours ago, Starchild said:

If cruel summer gets #1, it won't be weeks after Olivia and then SN so it'll be fine 

That's for sure but Olivia's one can be huge... (also Drake can come with a big hit all of a sudden from his new album).

I never expected this to go to #1 if I'm completely honest, but I can see it going top 5. Fingers crossed

• Like 1

I’ll die a happy fan if this gets a MV.

POP:
27 20 TAYLOR SWIFT Cruel Summer 4228 2311 191716.145

+250 Spins
+24 Bullet
+0.689 Audience

HOT AC:
38 27 TAYLOR SWIFT Cruel Summer 691 195 496 4.714

+95 Spins
+55 Bullet
+0.445 Audience

I honestly don’t see this going number one but I would be very happy with a long too 10 residency.

If she puts out a video in the right week this will be an easy #1 

• Like 1

Pop:

#20. Cruel Summer (+1) *New Peak

- Spins: 4,228 (+250)

- Audience: 16.145m (+0.689m)

HAC:

#27. Cruel Summer (+1)

- Spins: 691 (+95)

- Audience: 4.714m (+0.445m)

Cruel Summer:

US:

Spotify: #4 (-1)

Amazon: #4 (=)

iTunes: #10 (+5)

AM: #21 (+5) *#11 excluding album bombs of this & last week*

Radio: #45 (+4) 

Shazam: #92 (+4)

Spotify:

WW: #3 — (=) [+3,731,406]

US: #4 — (-1) [+995,315]

PH: #2 — (=) [+419,405]

UK: #5 — (+1) [+239,194]

US radio

#45 (+4). Cruel Summer: 21.48M (+1.24M) *new peak*

22 hours ago, hungrymuffin said:

omg #3:jonny5: how it is performing in europe so far? 

this is the first time i have seen a taylor single slowly rising instead of dropping

it's doing great in europe, the tour announcement helped too

I'll post an updated list of how it's been performing worldwide and how much it rose in the past week

Her last show was on june 24,the next show will be on june 30..that means 5 days break..maybe she is filming cruel summer video right now! filming a video usually takes 2-3 days so it's possible!she won't have another chance..

Edited by Sweetestsecret

4M streams on Friday I'm afraid

4 hours ago, Sweetestsecret said:

Her last show was on june 24,the next show will be on june 30..that means 5 days break..maybe she is filming cruel summer video right now! filming a video usually takes 2-3 days so it's possible!she won't have another chance..

That’s just insane if she does that. She’s already been in the studio in between tour dates & to throw in a music video would be crazy. I hope she doesn’t burn out. 

10 hours ago, Sweetestsecret said:

She has a 5-6 day break between every weekend for a while, so she has plenty of other time. Don’t think we will be getting anything until August so if she films it in the following few weeks it’ll work out fine. 

4 hours ago, Taeyong said:

This is fuc**ng insane

SLAY. It bears repeating we got ME, Clown Down, and the woMan over this!

• Haha 1

For all that we know, she might as well have recorded the video already without any of us noticing (like Karma) :rip:

Still wondering what the Speak Now related video is.

Edited by Popboi.

This realistically won't peak on radio until August, so a well-timed "Lover (Deluxe)(Anniversary Edition)(From The Vault)(Taylor's Version)" drop + Music Video could feasibly make this a #1, but even if the stars don't align I think this is definitely going top 3 at the very worst with how well it seems to be doing.

• Like 2

I'm still super shocked she managed to keep the Karma mv totally under wraps. I feel like her team has been a little more leaky than usual in the last few years so it totally shocked me. Especially since it was so high budget and deff involved lots of ppl. I know it was fully shot in a studio so that helps keep it private but I'd imagine a Cruel Summer mv would prob have some outdoors sets and stuff and we would have gotten some rumblings about it by now. I dont think we are getting a proper mv for this but I would totally be ok with a tour video and / or a really cute animated music video. That would be more than enough tbh. If released around when the song is peaking on radio she could easily snatch a top 3 position. I dont know about #1 though since Olivia and Gunna are likely going to be alternating the top spot between each other but a solid #3 peak is very plausible with the way things are going. 

does anyone know if we will have radio singles and a video for speak now tv?

There is a limit of 3 radio and today top hits songs at a same time. Karma and cruel summer are being promoted and won't be removed until August.

Cruel Summer may reach #1 soon. I hope she releases exclusive versions and earns first #1 for the Lover era.

That way we'll have a #1 single in every era since Red 2012

1 hour ago, IBeMe said:

I'm still super shocked she managed to keep the Karma mv totally under wraps. I feel like her team has been a little more leaky than usual in the last few years so it totally shocked me. Especially since it was so high budget and deff involved lots of ppl. I know it was fully shot in a studio so that helps keep it private but I'd imagine a Cruel Summer mv would prob have some outdoors sets and stuff and we would have gotten some rumblings about it by now. I dont think we are getting a proper mv for this but I would totally be ok with a tour video and / or a really cute animated music video. That would be more than enough tbh. If released around when the song is peaking on radio she could easily snatch a top 3 position. I dont know about #1 though since Olivia and Gunna are likely going to be alternating the top spot between each other but a solid #3 peak is very plausible with the way things are going. 

Her videos since ME! have been awfu tbh. Way too on the nose, busy, and easter eggy. 1989 was her video PEAK. Everything except Style was good (but at least at was a cute, classy video that fits the song and I forgive it since allegedly her mom was sick during that time or something iirc).

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 2

21 minutes ago, Walk_Away21 said:

Her videos since ME! have been awfu tbh. Way too on the nose, busy, and easter eggy. 1989 was her video PEAK. Everything except Style was good (but at least at was a cute, classy video that fits the song and I forgive it since allegedly her mom was sick during that time or something iirc).

LWYMMD was her best, but in general I agree. Shake It Off and Blank Space are her next two best, and everything since LWYMMD has been not good. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.