Taylor Swift - "Cruel Summer"

Michael196

6 hours ago, Klein said:

The streams are still growing fast, and radio is on board. The push is going to be needed for a #1 but that's about it. It's going top 10 easily at this point. 

Yep. I can see it going top 10 in a week or two. Radio is climbing quickly along with streaming. Perhaps the week of July 3rd or 10th. Maybe after that they can do a push for it to go #1.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Michael196

• LiamVillain

• Maroonx

• LostInStereo100

Wow HAC is REALLY getting on board isn't it? I'm kind of surprised :rip:

7 minutes ago, Enrique523 said:

Wow HAC is REALLY getting on board isn't it? I'm kind of surprised :rip:

They need to push it to Rhythmic and AC now! This will likely be a guarantee number one on Pop and HOT AC as it’s radio Candy lol

An extra 10 million combined from Rhythmic and AC alone would be important if we want this to be number one on billboard. 

1 hour ago, LostInStereo100 said:

They need to push it to Rhythmic and AC now! This will likely be a guarantee number one on Pop and HOT AC as it’s radio Candy lol

An extra 10 million combined from Rhythmic and AC alone would be important if we want this to be number one on billboard. 

To be honest i don't really care if it's #1 or not i just want the song to have longevity and be a massive hit in the long run, which is certainly going to be the case no matter what. The peak isn't that important. You have a song like Bad Romance which was a massive hit yet it peaked at #2 so really peak isn't everything.

I am here for this to become a summer staple!! Radio on board, streaming on board, if she has it in her to release a video that would give it an amazing push

1 hour ago, Flexus said:

I am here for this to become a summer staple!! Radio on board, streaming on board, if she has it in her to release a video that would give it an amazing push

I really regret that she wasted time and money to do the Karma video for the remix that no one cares about and not a video for Cruel Summer. As glad as i am that Cruel Summer is finally becoming a single you can tell it was a decision made very recently :rip:

6 hours ago, Enrique523 said:

I can't believe it's now doing 3.5M DAILY. Releasing it as a single was really a great decision, the only thing i wished was different was Speak Now TV's release date. I'd prefer it to come out in September instead of July.

Low key same. 

I dont think Speak Now TV will block off Cruel Summer or anything because there wont really be a proper single from it...just probably Enchanted TV getting the ATW TV treatment with an mv and stuff BUT the album bomb might take away from Cruel Summer's immense momentum and slow it down a little for a couple weeks. Should be fine overall with radio rising and it will prob rebound to 3.5M+ daily streams again but I deff think it will take a hit for a good 3 weeks or so.

Also, to me, Speak Now never felt like a summer album tbh. Not complaining since we are so beyond lucky to be getting all we are getting..just an observation I guess. But overall this is a good problem to have as stans LOL

Have cruel summer be number one on TTH when SN drops. :angelo:

That way it doesn’t drown

6 hours ago, Enrique523 said:

I can't believe it's now doing 3.5M DAILY. Releasing it as a single was really a great decision, the only thing i wished was different was Speak Now TV's release date. I'd prefer it to come out in September instead of July.

That was the original plan but a leaker got ahold of it so they pushed it to July because of that. 

Even if CS drops in positions from SN drop, I think it will benefit in streams. But I guess we won’t know till then

37 minutes ago, imason said:

That was the original plan but a leaker got ahold of it so they pushed it to July because of that. 

That’s not true..? We obviously would have heard the album by now if that were the case. The only thing that got leaked was the vault video, and it was the same day as the announcement. :rip:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IBeMe said:

Low key same. 

I dont think Speak Now TV will block off Cruel Summer or anything because there wont really be a proper single from it...just probably Enchanted TV getting the ATW TV treatment with an mv and stuff BUT the album bomb might take away from Cruel Summer's immense momentum and slow it down a little for a couple weeks. Should be fine overall with radio rising and it will prob rebound to 3.5M+ daily streams again but I deff think it will take a hit for a good 3 weeks or so.

Also, to me, Speak Now never felt like a summer album tbh. Not complaining since we are so beyond lucky to be getting all we are getting..just an observation I guess. But overall this is a good problem to have as stans LOL

I'm actually afraid of Cruel Summer taking the spotlight away from Speak Now TV, not the other way around :rip:

I wanted a full campaign for Speak Now TV the same way she did for Red TV but i don't see it happening now. I already thought it was too soon when she initially announced it for July but with Cruel Summer smashing the timing is even worse :rip:

Can she pull all stop to make this no.1??? CS revenge is upon us

If anything, Cruel Summer is going to steal the spotlight from Speak Now TV

SNTV will have a cute week and that's it

I say give a SN TV song maximum exposure for maybe an easy #1 when the album drops, then move on to Cruel Summer the week after, the album release won't drown it at all.

IMG_7008.thumb.gif.c07b3c2fe20a410d7466a

On 6/19/2023 at 11:44 AM, Wolf Alice said:

Cruel Summer debuts at #18 on pop callouts (this is very good for a song that hasn't cracked the top 30 yet) 

Here's the very good news - most of its radio play is concentrated in the N East of the US so far due to the tour. And it's performing well in that region so it's just a matter of other regions picking it up

NEast - #3

Midwest - #34

South - #18

West - #24

For comparison, Karma is at

NEast - #9

Midwest - #16

South - #16

West - #12

Cruel Summer

Overall #14(+4)
N East - #4 (-1)
Midwest - #25 (+9)
South - #14 (+4)
West - #22 (+2)

vs

Overall #12(+1)
N East - #11 (-2)
Midwest - #14 (+2)
South - #13 (+3)
West - #14 (-2)

Midwest and West need to get on the program soon and give more airplay to CS so it can start rising on callouts :giraffe:

Edited by Wolf Alice

Top 5 WW on a Sunday :deadbanana4:

Top 5, top 5, top 5

22 minutes ago, PopA911 said:

Top 5 WW on a Sunday :deadbanana4:

Sunday is always a strong day for Taylor. Compared to others

I wish she’d push back the release to speak now TV and let this song have its moment and do it’s thing. 

I just worry with Olivia’s album and then SNTV, this will be forgotten.

POP:
29 21 TAYLOR SWIFT Cruel Summer 3673 1893 1780 14.699

+322 Spins
+127 Bullet
+1.041 Audience

HOT AC:
43 29 TAYLOR SWIFT Cruel Summer 527 120 407 3.987

+71 Spins
+31 Bullet
+0.360 Audience

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gerry I Shot said:

POP:
29 21 TAYLOR SWIFT Cruel Summer 3673 1893 1780 14.699

+322 Spins
+127 Bullet
+1.041 Audience

HOT AC:
43 29 TAYLOR SWIFT Cruel Summer 527 120 407 3.987

+71 Spins
+31 Bullet
+0.360 Audience

That pop update tho

spacer.png

It's been added to HHUK (finally!) and in a fine position (#18!). Glad! It's exploding there, I hope Radio 1 will pick this one up on a Friday.

song of the summer

I think #5 was its debut peak on Global Spotify

TOP 5 GLOBAL SPOTIFY

screaminghjakshjd

1 hour ago, omrimayo said:

It's been added to HHUK (finally!) and in a fine position (#18!). Glad! It's exploding there, I hope Radio 1 will pick this one up on a Friday.

Great news! Her team are doing such a good job :clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.