Taylor Swift - "Cruel Summer"

Michael196

I think we’ll get a proper video for this after that speech last night, if she really loves it that much. I doubt one was shot way back when but she‘s probably on it as we speak. 

Ideally she will drop a live performance video from the tour (presumably different footage/show than what’ll be used for the tour film), which will probably do even better than a proper video would. Then drop the video in August, which is probably when the song will peak in the US and be closest to #1 (if it ever gets close).

I’ve always imagined a 70s/80s inspired neon music video. A scene where she’s driving down a desert ride in a convertible midday, a scene placed outside a vintage style motel with neon signs, a vintage diner. Perhaps a pool scene as well, and obviously an obligatory garden scene. I don’t know exactly why but that’s just what I’ve always pictured. Stuff like this: 

50CB173E-C08C-4D56-A362-F5A7D2B4ABE8.jpg

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Michael196

• LiamVillain

• Maroonx

• LostInStereo100

8 minutes ago, Holiest Dreams said:

I think we’ll get a proper video for this after that speech last night, if she really loves it that much. I doubt one was shot way back when but she‘s probably on it as we speak. 

Ideally she will drop a live performance video from the tour (presumably different footage/show than what’ll be used for the tour film), which will probably do even better than a proper video would. Then drop the video in August, which is probably when the song will peak in the US and be closest to #1 (if it ever gets close).

I’ve always imagined a 70s/80s inspired neon music video. A scene where she’s driving down a desert ride in a convertible midday, a scene placed outside a vintage style motel with neon signs, a vintage diner. Perhaps a pool scene as well, and obviously an obligatory garden scene. I don’t know exactly why but that’s just what I’ve always pictured. Stuff like this: 

50CB173E-C08C-4D56-A362-F5A7D2B4ABE8.jpg

I think she had a concept planned for the video and hinted at it in The Man M/V back then there was lots of theories but covid happened

Up to #30 in Apple Music :alexz: 

40 minutes ago, Fifteen said:

I think she had a concept planned for the video and hinted at it in The Man M/V back then there was lots of theories but covid happened

Yeah she kept hinting at it quite a few times. I doubt she filmed anything back then (she probably would’ve started in March/April if not for COVID) but had ideas, if not a mostly full video treatment floating around. If that’s the case it should be much easier to get things in order to film one soon.

2 hours ago, PurrKaty said:

Up to #30 in Apple Music :alexz: 

#28 +2 on AM

3 hours ago, Bamboo said:

Lover truly had a horrible rollout. The first two singles being unlistenable ruined non-fan interest in the album. And then those that did decide to list to the album pressed play on track 1 and heard IFTYE :rip: The 3 worst songs on the album

I'm a casual fan and the combo of Me + YNTCD killed all my interests

5 minutes ago, reymiu said:

I'm a casual fan and the combo of Me + YNTCD killed all my interests

Worst 2 songs on that album, it's just insane that what she choose, I will never get it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PurrKaty said:

#28 +2 on AM

Still with 13 Gunna songs above it (album bomb) so 15 compared to last week! Insane! 

Just now, omrimayo said:

Worst 2 songs on that album, it's just insane that what she choose, I will never get it.

It's great that she chose Lover as 3rd single... With better promo, Cruel Summer + Lover should have become 2 of her classic songs 

Just now, reymiu said:

It's great that she chose Lover as 3rd single... With better promo, Cruel Summer + Lover should have become 2 of her classic songs 

I know it's a song that everyone loves... but I think Lover is bottom 5 also, It's, for me, one of her most boring songs and I'm insanely in love with her. For me it was supposed to be MAATHK, PR and DBATC and of course CS as the lead. (FS is the best song on the album but not a single material) 

7 minutes ago, omrimayo said:

I know it's a song that everyone loves... but I think Lover is bottom 5 also, It's, for me, one of her most boring songs and I'm insanely in love with her. For me it was supposed to be MAATHK, PR and DBATC and of course CS as the lead. (FS is the best song on the album but not a single material) 

The Lover - First Dance Remix is the best version!

Cruel Summer debuts at #18 on pop callouts (this is very good for a song that hasn't cracked the top 30 yet) 

Here's the very good news - most of its radio play is concentrated in the N East of the US so far due to the tour. And it's performing well in that region so it's just a matter of other regions picking it up

NEast - #3

Midwest - #34

South - #18

West - #24

For comparison, Karma is at

NEast - #9

Midwest - #16

South - #16

West - #12

• Thumbs Down 1

not that itunes does much these days, but #7 there rn despite it being on sale for 4 years atp...

#4 on US Spotify :jonny5:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, reymiu said:

Lover is turning in a classic, it is very stable in high streams, it has been charting in US spotify since the tour started and since the wedding season started is charting in global Spotify. Also is like her third better performance song in Apple Music since months ago 

I imagine it'll come off ACR in the UK soon if it's Spotify performance keeps up.

A classic, still so fresh. Here for it being #1 in like 6-8 weeks

37 minutes ago, Heartbreak Prince said:

I imagine it'll come off ACR in the UK soon if it's Spotify performance keeps up.

So it’s really on ACR? I assume they just put anything that’s older than a certain mark on it by default, because it only charted one week. They removed LH without it jumping 50%+ in sales so I assume they’ll just go ahead and do it this week.

1 hour ago, wastedpotential said:

#4 on US Spotify :jonny5:

That's crazy. :deadbanana2:

16 minutes ago, Holiest Dreams said:

So it’s really on ACR? I assume they just put anything that’s older than a certain mark on it by default, because it only charted one week. They removed LH without it jumping 50%+ in sales so I assume they’ll just go ahead and do it this week.

I'm not 100% sure, but I assume every song that's older than 10 weeks gets put onto ACR, and gets taken off it if its streams increase by a certain amount or if the record label ask? I'm from the UK and even I don't fully understand how the chart rules work. :rip:

Edited by Heartbreak Prince

This smash finally getting its time to shine :jonny2:

It’s not on ACR in UK, no song that has charted for less than 10 weeks can.

However, since it’s older than 3 years, once it is under ACR, the label won’t ever be able to request it to be put back to standard streaming ratio so it would be on ACR forever.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.