France knife attack, man stabs at least 6, including 4 children at a park

igninton

More info coming in by the minute

1. Six people, including four children, have been injured in a knife attack in a park in the French alpine town of Annecy
  2. The victims are as young as three, according to French reports which say two children and a man are in a life-threatening condition
  3. The attacker was a Syrian man seeking refugee status, with no known links to Islamist groups, police say
  4. The suspect is a Syrian man who was granted refugee status in Sweden in April, the police have confirmed to the BBC.
  5. Former Liverpool footballer Anthony Le Tallec says he witnessed the knifeman attack an older man before he was shot by police
  6. French President Emmanuel Macron has said "the nation is in shock", calling it an "act of absolute cowardice"
  7. The city's mayor has denounced the "appalling attack" and said a press conference will be held later

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/65843586

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1666756289425285120

WARNING! graphic video of the attacker:

Edited by igninton

omg that video is terrifying. in that moment, he could have just stabbed them all to death, but he only seemed to be targetting the children very calmly and without trying very hard :psyduck:

I’m not even gonna watch that, this world is truly terrifying :shakeno:

I hope he rots in hell. He is not a human but a demon. 

Omg take this ******* child in your arms and run for your life? Everyone is just standing there da fuq

9 minutes ago, Minogue said:

Religion of “peace” :katie:

What religion would that be? I don't see anywhere any mention to the perpetrator's religion - besides him being Syrian. :katie:

• Thumbs Down 1

oh wow this shocking and disgusting

Annecy is beautiful and I've been there several times ugh...you're never 100% safe from these maniacs, nowhere :frown:

He should be stabbed back

How could you stab a 3 year old innocent child. You must be truly deranged and evil. 

Is he Arab/Muslim?

Well, this will only IGNITE the flames of bigotry even more towards a certain group. I expect mass protests and hate crimes to explode even more. 

This is absolutely horrifying, I can only imagine the fear the victims were feeling, but this also looks like a clear cut case of mental health. I’ve witnessed several incidents like these, not as graphic but it easily could have lead to that. 

:mazen:

Edit: I just read the tag. He was a refugee seeking asylum (of all things) and this happens. Lord. 

:rip:

Edited by GoodGuyGoneGhetto

That video is so horrifying omfg :biblionny: This is gonna cause a big mess :katie:

19 minutes ago, Taylena said:

What religion would that be? I don't see anywhere any mention to the perpetrator's religion - besides him being Syrian. :katie:

Not the delete lol

Hope everybody's gonna be okay 🕯🙏

Wonder how it's never an immigrant from idk Estonia, Portugal or Slovenia tho :katie:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

That is horrifying, I hope everyone makes it through.

39 minutes ago, Taylena said:

Great mystery huh :katie:

• Thumbs Down 1

Did the poor child in the video get stabbed ? Seeing the mother panicking was horrible. The way he was only targeting children is INSANE.

What a sick ******* freak. 

I really hope the victims are gonna be okay.

Europe is witnessing the consequences of their leaders' decisions.

27 minutes ago, Komet blu said:

Hope everybody's gonna be okay 🕯🙏

Wonder how it's never an immigrant from idk Estonia, Portugal or Slovenia tho :katie:

It's great to see you thinking of the victims first.

Hope they all can quickly recover 

Terrible. That video :cries:

Granted Refuge in Sweden but he is in France. K 

not this thread already turning into a racist anti - refugees circle jerk. Yall have more in common with far right fanatics than you think. 

this is horrendous. what a sick man. these poor children :cries:

• Like 3

Jesus. This is horrible. 

who in their right mind would do something like this. 

those are kids. 

What a despicable excuse for a human being. And to target children? :biblio: Any possible intents? 

Wow I saw the full video on Twitter. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.