Early prediction places Oppenheimer at a 30M-35M domestic opening

EnigmaticAndroid

"The big July 21st showdown between OPPENHEIMER and BARBIE is now only six weeks away, which means it’s time for The Quorum to make its initial box office projection. As of today, we are projecting an opening weekend of $30M-$35M for OPPENHEIMER"

They also cite a surprisingly low awareness score of 24% and Nolan's track record for strong multipliers as clear factors. Maybe word-of-mouth drives strong legs, assuming reviews and audience scores are strong. 

Seems about right. It’s a 3 hour long R rated film about the guy who directed the effort to make the atomic bomb and is being marketed like a biopic 'thriller'. It doesn’t exactly scream mass appeal. 

I could see it having good legs if it’s well received tho.

That is indeed kinda low. It's literally perfect counter-programming to Barbie. Both will do well imo.

the fact that the movie is three hours long probably doesn’t help, so it’ll have to come down to word of mouth.

3 hours is simply too long for most people nowadays, but these auteur directors can’t accept that.

They're so stupid for not moving away from Barbie. Even if it's a completely different movie, it's gonna suck all of the air of that release week. Even cinephiles will go to Barbie first/only.

I wasn’t really expecting this to be a hit anyways. Even for its genre, I don’t think this is the Blockbuster social media expects. Barbie is clearing this box office wise

Its kinda of a bleak movie so not surprising.

The collapse on this site when both this and Barbie open to mid numbers will be a moment.

• Like 1

Hmm don’t know how much I trust The Quorum as a source tbh or buy that there is little awareness, particularly among Nolan’s core demos. We’ll see but I’ll be surprised if this is accurate.

barbiegrande
7 minutes ago, Kylizzle said:

The collapse on this site when both this and Barbie open to mid numbers will be a moment.

Not sure why everyone is so confident in Barbie smashing. Movies that appeal to gays and women typically flop, but if they’re good develop cult status. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Kylizzle said:

:gaycat7:

its what nolan deserves for being so pretentious 

itll probably have good legs tho

for a 100M budget it should make at least 300m WW

It's a bomb. :gaycat5:

Spoiler

An atomic one.

The numbers will only go down. It’s what the pretentious flop deserves :clap3: 

• Thumbs Down 1

christopher inaudible dialogue nolan needs to wake up and go back to making good movies again

I think both will do well :clap3:

No one asked for this movie. 

10 hours ago, State of Grace. said:

That is indeed kinda low. It's literally perfect counter-programming to Barbie. Both will do well imo.

It’s a 3 hour’s documentary on the making of the atomic bomb how is that a summer hit?

2 tickets to Barbie please. Looks like fun

Barbie will stomp with ease :gayalipacat3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.