Thick haze consumes northeastern US

DAP

36 minutes ago, BeenTheShit said:

I would definitely be wearing an N95 mask outdoors if I lived in NYC. :skull:

I saw lots of people walking around with masks for the first time in ages yesterday :skull: Has been stinging my eyes quite a bit. 

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BeenTheShit

• uusagii

• Devin

• fauxtography

we need ariana's wicked before the end

Another reason to work from home and not commute if you don't have to!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, fauxtography said:

Is this from a fire? Looks like the northwest every year. :rip:

I have a work trip the last week of June...do we think it'll be clear by then lol

right we get this every september in northern CA for years now..and then people still don't believe in man-made climate change

hopefully the northeast gets some rain soon to help out :dancehall3:

You can smell something burning in the opaque air. It's insane.

This is unprecedented for the Northeast. It seems we have to keep using that word more and more.

6 minutes ago, Vespertine said:

I saw lots of people walking around with masks for the first time in ages yesterday :skull: Has been stinging my eyes quite a bit. 

They keep showing NYC on the news and there are tons of people walking around maskless. :celestial5:

it's giving Yellow River

• Haha 1

I couldn't even imagine walking outside and being greeted with that; it has to be miserable.

I'm in the northeast and I don't see it :rip: 

I live in Boston and it has been pretty bad.  It’s sad to think this is such a common occurrence that so recognize the haze from a wildfire.  

I live in North Carolina and it’s been pretty bad around here too. Not AS bad as NYC but…

It's getting worse in Toronto. I had to wear my mask on my way to work today and so many people gave me dirty looks, like....

https://twitter.com/PopBase/status/1666508963284946944?s=20

The New York City Air Quality Index reached 392 on Wednesday, even higher than the record set earlier in the day, according to the AirNow Index. The worst period of unhealthy air will last through Thursday morning, according to a New York Times analysis

spacer.png

What does it mean tho.. What is that really

Nah but in all seriousness we got some of that over here in Virginia. Its not as bad though as it is there.

• Like 1

Yeah it’s pretty bad I noticed it yesterday evening when the sky was a weird color

I only stepped outside for a little bit today but my throat was burning and I started coughing :gaycat6: Hopefully the air will clear up soon.

I know this a common occurrence elsewhere but not here, it’s sad how it’s becoming more common in more places. 

New York City's air quality index -- highest among world cities -- is an unfathomable 342. That's in the top tier CODE MAROON range -- which is hazardous, signifying "emergency conditions." Current levels to "likely crush" records, says

@ryans_wx

:rip:

• ATRL Moderator

The Air Quality Index in my town right now is 451

spacer.png

We're not allowed to go outside at all. There's so much smoke outside and everything looks smoky but with a yellow tint. Feels dystopic.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.