Maryland: Muslim-led coalition protest against LGBTQ-inclusive curriculum in schools

Aren

10 minutes ago, Communion said:

9CXZdLi.png

M5XA0Nf.png

???

It's even worse than I thought. You didn't just do as I described - suggest that any person espousing Islamophobia and nativist rhetoric is shielded by their sexuality. Imagine typing "no Muslim person should be able to movie to a non-Muslim country" with your own finger tips and think you're acting in some moral position.

This is you:

maxresdefault.jpg

:deadbanana4:

The manipulation is just unceasing from you :rip: 

1. The topic was literally migration.

2. Look at the screenshot; what were the words preceding and succeeding the part that you selectively highlighted and decontextualised? I specifically said that if queer people can’t live in certain parts of the world for fear of literal imprisonment/torture/death, then the people responsible for that reality shouldn’t be able to live near queer people.

The full sentence:

“If a queer person isn’t able to move to a Muslim country and simply exist in peace, then no Muslim person should be able to move to a non-Muslim country and spread ideologies that harm innocent (read: queer) people.”

Muslims who don’t hate queer people, or at the very least those who don’t preach anti-queer sentiment from soap boxes, are nowhere to be seen in that statement.

3. At this point, there’s nothing more to discuss. You’ve never argued in good faith and that’s the cause of the stagnation, both in this thread and the other one. In general I try to give those who I’ve identified as genuinely bad people, as little energy as possible. In continuing to interact with you, I’m betraying that commitment, so…yeah. Love and light, babe.

• Like 1

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Communion

• LikeATattoo

• WBTlove

• Delirious

Disgusting people. Can they go back to their country already ?

• Thumbs Down 1

25 minutes ago, LikeATattoo said:

The topic was literally migration.

The topic was teenage boys bullying their peers and being homophobic. What does immigration have to do with that?

Trying to shroud your dog whistles in plausible denial modifiers like this:

and spread ideologies that harm

means nothing because - who gets to decide what constitutes causing harm? Is to simply be Muslim harmful?

You can try to save face and argue this now:

Muslims who don’t hate queer people, or at the very least those who don’t preach anti-queer sentiment from soap boxes, are nowhere to be seen in that statement.

But all it takes is anyone reading the thread in question to see you suggest that "we have no way of knowing if any specific person is genuine" when any Muslim politician supports LGBT people *by virtue of them being Muslim*, and implied something insidious about Sadiq Khan when he was explicitly referenced. 

When a pro-LGBT Muslim mayor is referenced, you literally laughed at the suggestion there's no need to be skeptical of his credential and that your knee-jerk broad generalizations are where people's years of working in service with LGBTQ people are unfairly discredited because you're just "being a skeptic".

z78N2lg.png

D041CUO.png

It's ironic you defend your reactionary views of Muslims as "healthy skepticism" because skepticism is literally the rhetoric used by European identitarians in the early 2000s.

People who say to deport teenage boys without knowing if they're citizens are "just healthy skeptics".

People who say there's no way to trust Muslims can be genuinely progressive are "just healthy skeptics".

People who see a stabbing attack and rush to use injured children as some weird anti-Muslim attack even though the attacker ends up being Christian are, I guess, "just healthy skeptics":

:celestial5:

Edited by Communion

What are they gonna do about it? They dream they had the glory and the power of America. Unfortunately endorsing strictly Islamic and other similar values and taking it literally in historical and scientific context will block all religious bigots from building something like America. You cannot plant a flower by watering poison in it. 

10 minutes ago, Communion said:

The topic was teenage boys bullying their peers and being homophobic. What does immigration have to do with that?

I dunno. Read the thread, identify the people who brought up immigration, and ask them.

11 minutes ago, Communion said:

Who gets to decide what constitutes causing harm? Is to simply be Muslim harmful?

1. The people being harmed get to decide what constitutes causing harm. Just like how black people get to decide what constitutes anti-blackness, queer people get to decide what causes queerphobia.

2. Why would the act of simply being Muslim be harmful?

Being Muslim =/= being queerphobic.

14 minutes ago, Communion said:

You implied something insidious about Sadiq Khan when he was explicitly referenced.

I said that Muslim politicians in the UK who reach prominence in the UK would be stupid to publicise their homophobia if it did exist, because they’re already harshly stereotyped as uniformly homophobic in the UK. I never said that the existence of any British Muslim politician’s homophobia was a certainty or even something that I particularly believe to be true.

22 minutes ago, Communion said:

It's ironic you defend your reactionary views of Muslims as "healthy skepticism" because skepticism is literally the rhetoric used by European identitarians in the early 2000s.

Well, I’m not them LOL. And I’m more likely to be persecuted by European bigots than you’ll ever be.

A white person accusing a brown person of being like [insert evil white group(s) here] is lunacy because, by default, you’ll always be closer to them than me no matter what :rip:

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

8 minutes ago, LikeATattoo said:

I dunno. Read the thread, identify the people who brought up immigration, and ask them.

I did. It was you. You literally discussed the rhetoric involving immigration and defended the motive behind users' insertion of immigration rhetoric.

I'm literally asking you why you did that and you seem unable to answer.

8 minutes ago, LikeATattoo said:

A white person accusing a brown person of being like [insert evil white group(s) here] is lunacy

Thank you for co-signing that 95% of all anti-Islam conversations on ATRL are inherently nonsense due to being centrally about white Europeans accusing brown people of being like other evil whites. :clap3:

Europeans are officially banned from making nonsense comparisons between largely harmless Muslim migrants and their own neo-nazi brothers, fathers and cousins forming small armed militias in their own villages. Thanks sis! :jonny6:

Edited by Communion

4 minutes ago, LikeATattoo said:

A white person accusing a brown person of being like [insert evil white group(s) here] is lunacy because, by default, you’ll always be closer to them than me no matter what :rip:

Brown is a vague term. Like are you Middle Eastern or Hispanic? Some Hispanics like Argentines who are 80% of European ancestry claim to be POC.

law-student-standing-at-entrance-to-univ

10 minutes ago, Aristotle said:

Brown is a vague term. Like are you Middle Eastern or Hispanic? Some Hispanics like Argentines who are 80% of European ancestry claim to be POC.

law-student-standing-at-entrance-to-univ

I’m neither Hispanic nor Middle Eastern lol. But I do reject the POC label because of how horrifically global that anti-blackness is.

3 minutes ago, LikeATattoo said:

I’m neither Hispanic nor Middle Eastern lol. But I do reject the POC label because of how horrifically global that anti-blackness is.

I 100% agree with you. I only use it because it sounds a more respectful term than 'nonwhite people'. The struggles of  races dealing with colonizers and enslavers are not the same. And neither are all races treated equally "bad" in America. Black people are disliked by white right-wingers more than Hispanics (including Amerindians) and Asians. Using POC other than the reason I mentioned is somewhat misleading in a deeper context.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Aristotle said:

I 100% agree with you. I only use it because it sounds a more respectful term than 'nonwhite people'. The struggles of  races dealing with colonizers and enslavers are not the same. And neither are all races treated equally "bad" in America. Black people are disliked by white right-wingers more than Hispanics (including Amerindians) and Asians. Using POC other than the reason I mentioned is somewhat misleading in a deeper context.

All. Of. This.

Anti-blackness is global.

Edited by LikeATattoo
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, brazil said:

Support for same-sex marriage is also lower among black people than white, does that mean that the LGBT+ community should excuse racism? 

This is not true anymore.

Please help us stop this bad stigma on the black community by not relaying those stereotypes:

ft_2022.11.15_samesexmarriage_02.png?w=5

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, LikeATattoo said:

3. Answer the question; are you white?

19 hours ago, Delirious said:

I don't think they're white but I'm not 100% sure ....

They are. I think their family moved from Eastern Europe to the US to escape communism and now that they are in a free capitalist country, they decided to defend every non Western dictatorship & religious zealots there is.

• Like 1

On 6/7/2023 at 12:14 PM, MotoPapi said:

Maryland is a solid blue state 

this will be a wake up call for when being woke goes too far or needs some boundaries. Extreme right or extreme left are not good. I’ve lived all my life in this state and I’ve always felt accepted as a queer person. This is so unnecessary. 

and Montgomery county at that… their public schools are top 5 in the country. Full of diversity. 

How are you blaming leftists for religious extremism? :deadbanana4: This has nothing to do with the "extreme left" and everything to do with religious bigots.

Maryland is one of the most LGBTQ-friendly places in the country and just passed a bevy of laws protecting trans people. These bigots can rot and will not get what they want.

On 6/8/2023 at 8:29 AM, Rosenda said:

He is insufferable istg. Imagine if this was a bunch of white Christians, he'd be writing essays about white supremacy, America being anti queer, trans genocide and whatnot

America is lucky there's an ocean that separates them from Muslim nations, because living in Europe and having contact with muslims will tell you that being pro LGBT and Muslim is INCOMPATIBLE. Even the smallest village in Ireland will have more Muslims than 80% of American states so stfu

Oh no, will someone think of the poor, oppressed Christians in the USA? :ahh: They would be right to talk about those things, because those things are big deals in the US.

And this is not Europe, it is America, so it makes no sense to bring that up.

Edited by Sannie

19 hours ago, Communion said:

I guess you agree then that those Central and Eastern Europeans who have no Muslims in their countries don't get to say whether Muslims are a good or bad demographic then, right? :coffee: 

Just a correction, what are the European countries with the highest Muslim (majority even) population? From which part of Europe do indigenous Muslim Europeans come? Answer: Central and Eastern Europe. This is false information you're spouting. 

13 hours ago, LikeATattoo said:

Thank you so much.

i m black and I reject POC label because I feel like every race is anti black on a global level: LATAM < ASIA < EUROPE < OCEANIA < NORTH AMERICA:.

We are treated like **** everywhere.

I judge people as individuals but when it comes to groups, I don’t consider any other minority group as sharing the same fight at all.

To me it’s black people against everybody else if anything.

Edited by WBTlove
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, WBTlove said:

They are. I think their family moved from Eastern Europe to the US to escape communism and now that they are in a free capitalist country, they decided to defend every non Western dictatorship & religious zealots there is.

Errr...Communion said themselves that they are a self-identified communist...

10 minutes ago, Delirious said:

Errr...Communion said themselves that they are a self-identified communist...

I understand.

How does that contradict anything I wrote?

Edited by WBTlove

1 minute ago, WBTlove said:

i understand.

How does that contradict anything I wrote?

Becuase u said they wanted to escape communism. Why would you escape communism and then worship it?

4 minutes ago, Delirious said:

Becuase u said they wanted to escape communism. Why would you escape communism and then worship it?

I meant his parents/grandparents in that sentence.

They (his parents/grandparents) escaped communism only so they (Communion) can turn around and be a communist in the comfort of the USA decades later.

PS: I also call Communion “they” out of respect cause they are gender non-confirming. it confused everything tho. I can see why u were not sure who I was referring to. 😞 

Edited by WBTlove

1 minute ago, WBTlove said:

I meant his parents/grandparents in that sentence.

PS: I also call Communion “they” cause they are gender non-confirming. it confused everything tho. I can see why u were not sure who I was referring to. 😞 

Oh...I literally thought they were Chinese :rip:

This makes everything so much worse tbh

Starboys23

Tbh the queer community should get the same treatment that other religions get in America. If megachurches and scientology is a-okay then a group of people wanting to avoid persecution from the government and other religions should be allowed to have their own freedom and spaces where they can openly be themselves. it shouldnt be one or the other.

Starboys23

^That being said I have no issue with the LGB of it all but the TQIA+ and gender theory should be left out of curriculums and childrens heads. I grew up with long hair and looked like a girl pre-puberty and im so thankful I never had gender affirming healthcare or access because now that im through with puberty im incredibly grateful to be a man and to not have messed my body up with chemicals or surgery. Kids should be playing with crayons and chalk not themselves.

7 minutes ago, Starboys23 said:

Tbh the queer community should get the same treatment that other religions get in America. If megachurches and scientology is a-okay then a group of people wanting to avoid persecution from the government and other religions should be allowed to have their own freedom and spaces where they can openly be themselves. it shouldnt be one or the other.

5 minutes ago, Starboys23 said:

^That being said I have no issue with the LGB of it all but the TQIA+ and gender theory should be left out of curriculums and childrens heads. I grew up with long hair and looked like a girl pre-puberty and im so thankful I never had gender affirming healthcare or access because now that im through with puberty im incredibly grateful to be a man and to not have messed my body up with chemicals or surgery. Kids should be playing with crayons and chalk not themselves.

Are you dense? Sexuality and gender dysphoria are NOT choices.

Religion is a PURE CHOICE. I can be Christian one day and be Muslim the next. Do not compare the 2 because they are completely unrelated to each other.

Starboys23
Just now, Delirious said:

Are you dense? Sexuality and gender dysphoria are NOT choices.

Religion is a PURE CHOICE. I can be Christian one day and be Muslim the next. Do not compare the 2 because they are completely unrelated to each other.

Id argue that sexuality and gender dysphoria could also be choices. One day i have sex with a man and the next day a woman. I grow my hair long and put on makeup and the next i shave my head and drink a protein shake. Its all semantics.

Starboys23

*you dont have to be one thing forever just because it may feel right in a certain moment.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.