Maryland: Muslim-led coalition protest against LGBTQ-inclusive curriculum in schools

Aren

https://twitter.com/sameerakhan/status/1666221058624741378?s=46&t=78umILWrWi0Uoyyg-utNEw

A Democratic member of a Maryland city council blasted Muslim children as on the side of "White supremacists" after they spoke out against sexuality discussions and materials in classrooms during a heated school board meeting Tuesday evening. 

"This issue has unfortunately does put… some Muslim families on the same side of an issue as White supremacists and outright bigots," said Democrat Kristin Mink of Montgomery County Council for District 5. "I would not put you in the same category as those folks, although, you know, it's complicated because they're falling on the same side of this particular issue."

Mink made the remark after Muslim children from the district spoke out against their parents' inability to opt them out of lessons they deemed violated their faith. She argued Muslim families do not have the religious right to opt their children out of LGBTQ books, similar to parents' inability to opt their children out of studying evolution. 

https://news.yahoo.com/maryland-democrat-blasts-muslim-children-110413102.html

Edited by Aren

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Communion

• LikeATattoo

• WBTlove

• Delirious

Not my state 💀 Go the hell away. Sex education is a basic necessity for preventing teenage pregnancy, STDs and overall health. I'm tired of these fanatical freaks trying to change ****

• Like 1

Maryland is a solid blue state 

this will be a wake up call for when being woke goes too far or needs some boundaries. Extreme right or extreme left are not good. I’ve lived all my life in this state and I’ve always felt accepted as a queer person. This is so unnecessary. 

and Montgomery county at that… their public schools are top 5 in the country. Full of diversity. 

Edited by MotoPapi
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 4

Extreme leftists time to arm yourselves :heart: 

In before the extreme leftists defending homophobia....:eli:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

They can always get the **** out of the country if they have an issue with being respectful and sane.

• Like 6
  • Thumbs Down 4

obviously there are nuances and caveats, but homophobia doesn't really have a color. all kinds of straight people around the world hate us at least to some degree. 

all we can do is stick together, galvanize the support we do have, and try to weather these waves of cultural backlash that just seem inevitable at this point

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, MotoPapi said:

this will be a wake up call for when being woke goes too far or needs some boundaries. Extreme right or extreme left are not good. I’ve lived all my life in this state and I’ve always felt accepted as a queer person. This is so unnecessary. 

and Montgomery county at that… their public schools are top 5 in the country. Full of diversity. 

The concept of being “woke” has been misused and appropriate. It is far gone from its original definition. So it’s been gone too far.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, MotoPapi said:

8 minutes ago, AvadaKedavra said:

This.

7 minutes ago, Mezik said:

They can always get the **** out of the country if they have an issue with being respectful and sane.

Did you get a WP for this yet :eli:

• Thumbs Down 2

9 minutes ago, Mezik said:

Texas and Florida are right there :giraffe:

What does all this "White Supremacy" non-sense got to do with Muslims being homophobic? 

spacer.png

1 minute ago, Fishtail said:

What does all this "White Supremacy" non-sense got to do with Muslims being homophobic? 

spacer.png

Before 9/11, Arabs/Muslims were seen as white in America and mostly voted conservative. But after that, Republicans became increasingly Islamophobic and Muslims felt otherized, so they started voting for Democrats even tho they didn’t agree with their political stances on social issues. But for the past few years, Republicans have started courting Muslims again since they realized that radical evangelicals and Muslims basically share the same values.

• Thanks 1

They really see us as a threat to society huh? Idiots...

Edited by UnusualBoy

To be fair, white religious Americans are absolutely at the forefront of the anti LGBT crusade in the USA. But the situation looks pretty dire elsewhere. Most Muslims in the West aren’t this violently homophobic, but many violently homophobic people in Europe are Muslims (compared to their share of the population). 

it’s not a coincidence that a large percentage of LGBT people from Muslim families are extremely anti-Islam due to their firsthand experiences. But white liberals love to dismiss those voices when it is convenient to their ideology. 

Edited by Dephira
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

But yall are too busy attacking Christians, and giving other religions a pass....:matty:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

9 minutes ago, Dephira said:

To be fair, white religious Americans are absolutely at the forefront of the anti LGBT crusade in the USA. But the situation looks pretty dire elsewhere. Most Muslims in the West aren’t this violently homophobic, but many violently homophobic people in Europe are Muslims (compared to their share of the population). 

it’s not a coincidence that a large percentage of LGBT people from Muslim families are extremely anti-Islam due to their firsthand experiences. But white liberals love to dismiss those voices when it is convenient to their ideology. 

Speak for yourself. There’s quite a few white liberals who acknowledge that religion is responsible for a HUGE amount of persecution and war throughout the centuries. 

In before the Muslim apologists come in and defend this mess by evoking Christians also being evil people 

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, MotoPapi said:

Yes, I’m sure the “woke” agenda is in true danger in one of the bluest states in the nation that just went D+30 in November because of a few loud minorities 

I’m glad Muslims and Christians in the US will never truly get along, scary to think of the extremists banding together.

1 hour ago, AvadaKedavra said:

!!!!

3 minutes ago, VOSS said:

I’m glad Muslims and Christians in the US will never truly get along, scary to think of the extremists banding together.

I could see them compromising to bring down the gays and womens rights tbh. 

This is DISGUSTING. And it's Pride Month too :weeps: Religion...

With that said when I read "Muslim" in the thread title, I always know it is one of two users! Interesting.

IMG_jjzs93.thumb.jpg.9ad66a1b2c2e6c85840

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.