Wendy Williams' Son vs. Team: Fighting over her alcoholism care, contracts, future, $

Espresso

image.php?type=thumbnail_580x000&url=0yp

(Wendy's publicist Shaw Zanotti far right, manager Will Selby, center)

shot-us-sun-exclusive-pics-819725770.jpg

(Wendy's son kevin Hunter Jr.)

Wendy Williams’ son is concerned that the former talk show host’s alcohol abuse will kill her. Kevin Hunter Jr. claimed in a new interview that his mother’s body does not process booze at the same “rate” that a “normal” person’s body would. “We’ve spoken about it,” he shared with the US Sun Monday. “I’ve said, ‘This is one thing where you don’t know how to approach it normally, and that’s fine,’ and it’s gotten to a point where, yes, it could have that effect that it might be fatal because it affects her way worse than a normal person since it stays in her system.” “Whoever has been hired, they are taking advantage of someone who needs to get better,” he said.

Hunter, who lives in Miami and took care of his ailing mother from late 2021 to spring 2022, said he is not only concerned about Williams’ declining health but also that her team, which includes rep Shawn Zanotti and jeweler-turned-manager Will Selby, is taking advantage of her financially. “What’s been made more important by the people around her is that while her health may not be great, she needs to keep on earning income, and in my opinion that should not be a priority at all,” he told the outlet. “And whoever has been hired, they are taking advantage of someone who needs to get better.”

Earlier this year, the former talk show host’s rep dismissed her drinking as a celebration of her “new lease on life.” Hunter, 22, further claimed that the people surrounding his 58-year-old mom, who remains under a court-ordered guardianship, are exploiting her alcoholism by having her sign contracts while she was in rehab last summer. “I feel that when it comes to people wanting to ‘help’ her, a lot of it is coming from a stance of, ‘OK, she’s alone now,'” he said. “‘Let’s try to see how we can make her act the way we want her to act or if we can kind of control the rate at which she’s handling herself.'”

The 22-year-old college student claimed his mom’s health has deteriorated since she stopped living with him in Miami.

Selby blasted the college student’s claims, telling the US Sun that the “majority” of Hunter’s statements were “false.” “I was in Miami with Kevin. I forced him to have a conversation because he seemed a little disgruntled,” Selby said, seemingly referring to Hunter being evicted from his $2 million apartment last year after losing his mother’s financial support. “I spoke to him face-to-face, 1,000 percent. I was like, ‘If there’s a problem, let’s talk. If there’s an issue, let’s have a conversation.'”

Hunter also said that he found out about Williams’ hospitalization from her jeweler-turned-manager, William Selby. Selby added, “There is so much here that is inaccurate, it’s really not worth me commenting.” Zanotti, meanwhile, declined to comment at first but later issued a statement about “false narratives” circulating online. “We ask that the world continues to pray for the well-being of Wendy as she continues to recover from a very traumatic two years,” she told “Entertainment Tonight.”

Williams allegedly had been relocated out of New York, but Hunter doesn’t know where she is. Although Williams previously concealed her battle with alcohol abuse, Page Six spies caught the shock jock drinking at Fresco by Scotto and then gay bar The Townhouse in March, just a few months after she left rehab. Zanotti dismissed the sighting at the time, telling us that her client — whose history with substance abuse dates back to the 1980s — was simply “celebrating” a “new lease on life.” Williams sparked even more concern when she began selling off her belongings inside her New York City penthouse, which was once again reduced to a “spring cleaning.” “I’m praying that whoever is in control now doesn’t ruin whatever hope there is for her to get back up again,” he said.

However, it was clear the “Ask Wendy” author was no longer in good health when she dropped out of a speaking engagement at the Atlanta Women’s Expo at the last minute in May. She was reportedly hospitalized, though Zanotti denied there was a health scare. However, Hunter Jr. — whom Williams shares with her ex-husband, Kevin Hunter — told the US Sun that Selby confirmed his mother did, in fact, spend time at a hospital. He does not know her current whereabouts. “I’m praying that whoever is in control now doesn’t ruin whatever hope there is for her to get back up again,” he said. X

[...] Kevin also takes issue with Wendy's guardian, Sabrina Morrissey. Wendy was placed in guardianship after Wells Fargo froze her bank accounts as they suspected the star was the victim of "financial exploitation, dementia, or undue influence," according to court papers first revealed by The U.S. Sun. 

"It's been really sad what's been allowed to happen, and ever since the court hearings ended, something just has to be brought to light about what's going on and how much people are taking in this situation. "In terms of who is there now, people have put other things in front of her actually healing and getting better, and unfortunately, unlike many other alcoholics, she is worth a lot more money." Wendy's son continued: "I know that Sabrina has a relationship with the jeweler, and I would assume though that they are cool with each other. This is how this was created.

"And it seems like it's more about making sure he is okay. "I don't know what the ultimate goal is for [Sabrina] as the person in charge of stuff, but there have never been articles put out saying [Wendy] isn't okay." Wendy's son hit out at the guardian's handling of Wendy, and her lack of communication with the star's family. "I don't feel like Sabrina has done a great job at all. "I think that based on her actions, I'd have to assume something is going on that she's not telling me. "Whether it be that she is receiving income on the side or what, but there is a lot of her pushing away of myself and everybody down here, and saying that she's not going give updates. She's really vague with updates." [...] X

I don't trust the son , husband, publicist or guardian. They're all out to suck her dry . Poor wendy .

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KingWitch said:

I don't trust the son , husband, publicist or guardian. They're all out to suck her dry . Poor wendy .

I agree, having followed this pretty closely for a couple years now. It's a really sad and disturbing situation. 

45 minutes ago, KingWitch said:

exactly what i came to say :deadbanana:

poor Wendy it seems like she has no one on her side :dancehall3: I fear they are trying to Britney her 

1 hour ago, KingWitch said:

this. I hope Wendy gets free before she gets killed :cries:

1 hour ago, Sazare said:

Is that picture at the top recent?

Yes, she's wearing merch for her "podcast" that never came to fruition.

Edited by BeenTheShit

His reasoning  being she doesn't process alcohol the same way as others sounds sus

Her issues seem more than just alcohol. I think the early onset Alzheimer’s/dementia may be true. Her mind seems to be going , not just alcoholic 

wow, she looks miserable, you might put a fake smile on but the eyes don't lie.

3 hours ago, Sexyzinger said:

spacer.png

Read the room.

#Don'tSilenceVictims

spacer.png

37 minutes ago, Vrx. said:

#Don'tSilenceVictims

spacer.png

spacer.png

don’t exploit someone’s mental health struggles for entertainment 

2 minutes ago, Sexyzinger said:

spacer.png

don’t exploit someone’s mental health struggles for entertainment 

It's literally giving her the outlet to speak her mind but go OFF

This is very sad and very similar to Britney's situation.

1 hour ago, Elusive Chanteuse said:

This is very sad and very similar to Britney's situation.

Yeah the similarities are eerie… Wendy isn’t perfect but no one deserves this.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.