• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MusicIsMyMaster

• sam.teas

• Daddy

• Winged

4 hours ago, ChapelHooker said:

I know, I was talking about the quality or lack thereof...

Just out of interest what year were you born and which country did you grow up in? As a UK native the record is calling back to some dance floor classics in a way i’ve not seen in a long old time without being reliant on samples. 

30 minutes ago, Joesuxx said:

Just out of interest what year were you born and which country did you grow up in? As a UK native the record is calling back to some dance floor classics in a way i’ve not seen in a long old time without being reliant on samples. 

I get exactly what she's going for and it's definitely nostalgic in that way but it sounds tinny, cramped and forced. I don't think it works or comes alive like the music she is clearly inspired by. 

ABSOLUTELY

AMAZING

did she make this in late 90s-early 2000s 

:worship2:

:loki:

i feel like im floating

"DID I"

siyufvhbjADNSJKPUFBJDVKALNKCSOVDJPICHXNLZKCM

i am yelling

"Mid Air" into "Enjoy Your Life" and then "She's On My Mind"

:wanda:

Beach Boys songs that make you feel like this? : r/thebeachboys

Edited by MusicIsMyMaster

This is my album of the year. Absolutely GORGEOUS!

She has the ability to emote in a way that transports you to the world of each song and you feel everything...ugh I LOVE HER! :wanda:

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Illyana Frost said:

This is my album of the year. Absolutely GORGEOUS!

She has the ability to emote in a way that transports you to the world of each song and you feel everything...ugh I LOVE HER! :wanda:

So glad I bought a physical of this masterpiece. I knew i didnt need to hear it first before purchasing. :alexz:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sad girl said:

This album is SO ******* good!!! The 90s/00s dance references come THROUGH. 

Absolute :wanda: Miss Romy knew what she was doing

• Like 1

This album is so good, don't know why a forum full of gays is hating on this fantastic dance album lmao

16 minutes ago, Slayn said:

This album is so good, don't know why a forum full of gays is hating on this fantastic dance album lmao

Maybe because its not from a straight sis woman ?

• Like 1

This album is great. Weightless is my favourite right now, but no skips, so perhaps that could change.

I was REALLY surprised when I gave this a soin, cause the singles all did nothing to me on their own but this whole album SCALPED me :jonny5:

I found the singles to lack a punch, but now I literally find it perfect from start to end? She did that :clap3:

September 8th really ate so bad. Guts, Mid Air, Hit Parade are all masterpieces.

I really love this record a lot. Perfect album to listen to if you are in a chill pop mood. The quality is amazing

I was doing my Louvre Museum walk with this album and it was pure bliss (although the museum was overrated)

But why this album is so short it need at least 4-5 more songs or some extended edition

• Like 1

I am loving this album. It’s so euphoric, tender and infectious! I want to hear it in a club. The way Twice grows throughout and then transitions into Did I! :flame:She’s On My Mind also makes me want to fly, it’s insanely good. She really encapsulated so many emotions so perfectly on this album.

My only gripe is that it’s so short (One Last Try is excellent but it feels like it just…ends, could have done with more of an outro). I also think releasing nearly half the album before release affected my listening experience cos it doesn’t feel like a full album on first listen since I knew so many songs already.

On first listen this is REALLY good, some songs drag a bit in the middle, but it's got that late-90s / early-00s dance vibe down to a tee.

Even the songs I'm indifferent about made me feel nostalgic, so let me give it some more streams :jamming:

I've only really liked The Sea so far, She's On My Mind is great also but I'm still not entirely sold about the album. Strong is also a highlight but I don't really count it since it was released a long time ago.

The Sea is fantastic though and so is the remix.

This one is for us european girlies who's first taste of queer euphoria were the turn of the century trance tracks...

Sarah Jessica Parker's you just don't get it.gif

Edit: i just came back from Paris and her face was plastered in every gay venue I went, work.

Edited by Haze
  • Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.