• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nooniebao

• Lovett

• SomeGirl

• Scandalous

was not expecting a full album this soon :duca: 

Hope none of the Everything to Everyone tracks are on it she better not mess up my scrobbles :fonso:

Single is out and album pre-order is up. 12 tracks on the album, not revealed yet. So far only CD is up for pre-order, no vinyl yet. (There is a vinyl for the single up for pre-order). 

https://reneerapp.lnk.to/snowangel?fbclid=PAAabUODKlCsRVWOe7YnHAanYPVfZsAl5MVIDZTPgtq-sOG3xZenr38d_4y3w_aem_th_AZJuA4_vyffomdlNE_OdmzRqP0CLZCLuIx2TdgfLoBhJdy3pHfC0rD-vw-lraNZahng

Edited by SomeGirl

didn't like the title track but still excited for the album cause i liked her ep

Her slow piano songs can be so cringy I wish she’d stick to pop/R&B bops. Not feeling Snow Angel but still excited for the album!

snow angel is so good blows my mind that some people aren't understanding what she's talking about 

• 3 weeks later...

So hyped for this album and the first 2 singles are great. Kinda bummed she booked the LA date the same night as Coldplay for which I have tickets for but since Madonna postponed I'll probably find a way to get tickets to Coldplay on the second night and see Renee depending if I like the album. If it's not possible, It's cool to say that I went to see her first ever show at The Troubadour back in December.

Just a heads up, vinyls will be up on the 28th according to Renee. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mellark said:

So hyped for this album and the first 2 singles are great. Kinda bummed she booked the LA date the same night as Coldplay for which I have tickets for but since Madonna postponed I'll probably find a way to get tickets to Coldplay on the second night and see Renee depending if I like the album. If it's not possible, It's cool to say that I went to see her first ever show at The Troubadour back in December.

Just a heads up, vinyls will be up on the 28th according to Renee. 

let me get my coins ready

1 minute ago, ang said:

let me get my coins ready

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

snow angel is such a haunting, gorgeous song and ive had talk too much on repeat on loop. i cant wait for this album. im so glad to finally have another SINGER in the mix. :clap3:

• Like 1

On 6/16/2023 at 5:33 PM, ang said:

snow angel is so good blows my mind that some people aren't understanding what she's talking about 

I listened to it ten times before I realized this wasn't just about a relationship ending and when I did I cried immediately :gaycat7:

One of my favourite songs of the year!

• ATRL Moderator

A friend of mine gifted some VIP tickets to Reneé's Today show concert which was amazing. She's truly a force performing live!

Side note, I hadn't listened to Talk Too Much prior to hearing it live and it really comes to life when the electric guitars and production is at full volume (sounds kind of muted in the studio version?)

8 hours ago, pavi said:

I listened to it ten times before I realized this wasn't just about a relationship ending and when I did I cried immediately :gaycat7:

One of my favourite songs of the year!

what else is it about? just hardships in general?

3 hours ago, Aristocrat said:

what else is it about? just hardships in general?

It's about an addiction to cocaine, it seems. 'Snow' of course means cocaine then (it's a pretty common metaphor for it), the tip of her nose burns from it because of the cocaine being taken through the nose and damaging it, and 'i'll angel in the snow till I'm worthy' is a metaphor for using lots of cocaine to feel that boost of self esteem cocaine is famous for, even if it ends her ('but if it kills me, i tried'). In the bridge she sings 'the seasons change, addiction's strange' which is quite literal if you read it this way. She also seems to blame the breakup for her getting addicted (again), but only because it's easier than admitting you have a problem yourself (see the bridge again). The last sentence is cut off, which could be interpreted like she did die from it mid sentence (or had like a near-death experience or something). Maybe that's the traumatic experience she mentions in the notes screenshot on her Instagram?

With this interpretation in mind, the build-up of emotion in her voice is so powerful :gaycat7: Luckily she sings 'I loved back then what I hate today', which makes it seem like she's in a better place now (even though she does state she'd do it all again if she went back).

Edit: literally just saw she ends this live performance with 'if it kills me i .... die'. Well :monkey:

Edited by pavi
  • Like 2

On 7/31/2023 at 4:23 PM, pavi said:

It's about an addiction to cocaine, it seems. 'Snow' of course means cocaine then (it's a pretty common metaphor for it), the tip of her nose burns from it because of the cocaine being taken through the nose and damaging it, and 'i'll angel in the snow till I'm worthy' is a metaphor for using lots of cocaine to feel that boost of self esteem cocaine is famous for, even if it ends her ('but if it kills me, i tried'). In the bridge she sings 'the seasons change, addiction's strange' which is quite literal if you read it this way. She also seems to blame the breakup for her getting addicted (again), but only because it's easier than admitting you have a problem yourself (see the bridge again). The last sentence is cut off, which could be interpreted like she did die from it mid sentence (or had like a near-death experience or something). Maybe that's the traumatic experience she mentions in the notes screenshot on her Instagram?

With this interpretation in mind, the build-up of emotion in her voice is so powerful :gaycat7: Luckily she sings 'I loved back then what I hate today', which makes it seem like she's in a better place now (even though she does state she'd do it all again if she went back).

Edit: literally just saw she ends this live performance with 'if it kills me i .... die'. Well :monkey:

i’m surprised how many people didn’t pick up on this

even before the song she’s been open about how she started taking drugs back in high school and struggled with an ED. the song makes it seem like whoever she was dating at that time introduced her to cocaine

• Like 1

1 hour ago, perfectillusion204 said:

When are we getting the tracklist? Album is out in 2 weeks

She went on Tiktok Live and said it would be out next Friday. 

On 7/17/2023 at 6:48 PM, Mellark said:

Also she lied 'cause where are the variants!! :rip: I know we have the signed vinyl but she explained how there would be like 6 different variants

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.