Are people getting overwhelmed by pride month?

Darkgalord

Am I the only one noticing that people are getting more vocal about pride month becoming way too much to handle for some reason? And not just homophobic people. 

Why does it feel as if people are getting emotionally exhausted and sometimes even annoyed with pride month.

It's concerning tbh.

Yes. This year many brands ain't even switching to pride avatars on social media.

Backlash against Target and Bud Light campaigns scared many.

Edited by Japan

I'm guessing it's seeming more like it because I use the cesspool that is Facebook for my school/work, but yeah the vibe is definitely shifting...it was fun while it lasted

Everyone say THANK YOU to corporations for at least trying 

When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

People are only lashing out because they're realising LGBTQ+ people are becoming more accepted by society as a whole and they're feeling backed into a corner. Let them fume, they'll die soon enough

• Like 5

So ******* what? Gay people have been overwhelmed by homophobia for thousands of years. Let us have our moment for at least a month.

I completely ignore it. I celebrate my love of dick a different way :WAP:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

Nah, there's just a much more organized campaign of hate this time around, largely fueled and supported by Elon Musk and his brigade of Twitter Blue trolls and right-wing nutjobs like Matt Walsh, Libsoftiktok, etc. etc. 

Edited by nadiamendell

Pride is more important than ever but capitalism is its enemy. It’s gotta be more grassroots & community focused. It’s gotten weirdly corporate, most of the pride stuff we see isn’t made by gay people for gay people, it’s just tax deductible PR & marketing flimsily masquerading as political activism. The rainbow bank logos & the like are performative bs that don’t come from a sincere place. That kind of crap will always naturally elicit cynicism & suspicion. Hit the marches & use your voice, don’t let the crooked establishment that has never & will never truly care about us define what it means to be LGBTQ

• Like 6

yes but lowkey pride is becoming what it used to be before corporations stole it. its resistance and a political stance. corporations are not your friends and they will switch once they stop getting money from you. TO FREEDOM

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, cockatoo said:

When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

People are only lashing out because they're realising LGBTQ+ people are becoming more accepted by society as a whole and they're feeling backed into a corner. Let them fume, they'll die soon enough

The same people get angry for Black History Month as well. I just ignore them. 

Its pretty easy to ignore lol

there are 2 problems. the biggest and of course more relevant problem is the more orchestrated far-right and homophobic views all around the world. 

but LGBTQIA+ people have their part in this too complaining about "pink money" for years. capitalism rules the world, if we have something to give them in return, let it be. at least pride month was everywhere before and now it isn't anymore. if u feel exploited, just don't buy it. i'm 100% in favor of pink money campaigns, couldn't care less, it was kinda spreading the word before, even if the focus was profit. 

yeah even on my fav game dead by daylight, every forum, discord or something else, people is mad by the fact they release LGBT charms for free this month like..:rip: why they are so bothered about it. ask for a stright flag day whatever lmao.

Let them be overwhelmed, and then overwhelm them some more :gaycat4:

the amount of parties I will be attending and drugs I will be consuming is pretty overwhelming...  :katie:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Japan said:

Yes. This year many brands ain't even switching to pride avatars on social media.

Backlash against Target and Bud Light campaigns scared many.

Gays complain they don’t want the commercialization of Pride. Now they’re angry it’s not being commercialized. 

I think it was some members of our community who over-sexualize everything. It turned off parents who were sympathetic to our cause but now don’t want to expose their children to people literally having sex outdoors during our pride events or waking around in throngs. Makes me uncomfortable to attend tbh and I’m a gay 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

3 minutes ago, MotoPapi said:

I think it was some members of our community who over-sexualize everything. It turned off parents who were sympathetic to our cause but now don’t want to expose their children to people literally having sex outdoors during our pride events or waking around in throngs. Makes me uncomfortable to attend tbh and I’m a gay 

This comes off as very incel like. 

Not everything gay is over sexualized. You need to interact more with the community it seems. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

40 minutes ago, MotoPapi said:

Oh please like breeders aren't sexual deviants themselves. 

36 minutes ago, Tropez said:

This comes off as very incel like. 

Not everything gay is over sexualized. You need to interact more with the community it seems. 

gives off "I'm ugly not like the other gays" vibes

41 minutes ago, MotoPapi said:

Your fave posed naked on her latest album cover, did that make you uncomfortable too?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Karla Cabello said:

yes but lowkey pride is becoming what it used to be before corporations stole it. its resistance and a political stance. corporations are not your friends and they will switch once they stop getting money from you. TO FREEDOM

2 hours ago, Dula Peep said:

the amount of parties I will be attending and drugs I will be consuming is pretty overwhelming...  :katie:

these 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.