Katy Perry bought the Sierra Towers penthouse for $11M

Fastlane

Katy Perry’s new house in the sky was sold to her by her friend, billionaire Garmin founder Min Kao. Records indicate Kao acquired the 3,000-square-foot condo in 2016, paying $9.3 million, and subsequently spent another small fortune customizing the place to suit her bespoke taste. The unit was first put on the market earlier this year and spent a few months listed at $12.5 million before Perry came calling.

Designed by noted architect Jack A. Charney, the 31-story building has been a favorite of celebrities for decades, and current residents include the Osbournes, Oprah Winfrey, Celine Dion, Anna Wintour and Adam Sandler.

9255DohenyRdPenthouse.0070_PS2.0.jpg

penthouse-1.jpg

large.jpg

9255-DOHENY.jpg

How much for the whole building 🏢

Wait is that the same neighbourhood where Rihanna bought her penthouse? Besties

spacer.png

Does she still own the nunnery?

2 minutes ago, UnfairTop said:

How much for the whole building 🏢

The most elite apartment on the highest floor was sold for $58M.

1 minute ago, Fastlane said:

The most elite apartment on the highest floor was sold for $58M.

The fact my entire apartment costs not even 1% of that figure lmfaoooooo (and I'm saving vigorously to try and buy it CHILE)

1 minute ago, JayG said:

Oop

I’m genuinely curious. :rip:

Why would you buy a penthouse when you can afford an actual house in LA

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

How many ATRLers would it take to break in and rob?

I always wondered why celebrities/super high income business people/etc buy luxury condos/penthouses when they can afford a house.

5 minutes ago, geddymonster said:

I’m genuinely curious. :rip:

I know... I just forgot about that mess lmfao, like...

2 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

I always wondered why celebrities/super high income business people/etc buy luxury condos/penthouses when they can afford a house.

Its an investment... (tax haven and easy profit)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Dula Peep said:

Do you know how much money they make using these penthouses as invesments/resale properties? The fact a PREVIOUS OWNER is now going to be KATY PERRY = value, not just for the one property but the entire apartment building (thats the "echelon" of people who live there = status etc)

13 minutes ago, geddymonster said:

Does she still own the nunnery?

She never got it

18 minutes ago, Dula Peep said:

For a celebrity, it's definitely a smart choice to buy a penthouse or something with 24/7 on-site security and staff on the doors at all times.

I would never buy a house in LA. It's too exposed. With all the drones flying by your bathroom window and crazies trying to break in and run all over your freshly mowed lawns. I don't think so.

Edited by Zack
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

But did she kill any Nuns this time???  :gaycat4:

Either way, gorge apartment for a gorgerous girl! 

the $5,294 HOA fees a month :gaycat6:

good for her though, looks cute 👏🏼👏🏼

26 minutes ago, Zack said:

For a celebrity, it's definitely a smart choice to buy a penthouse or something with 24/7 on-site security and staff on the doors at all times.

I would never buy a house in LA. It's too exposed. With all the drones flying by your bathroom window and crazies trying to break in and run all over your freshly mowed lawns. I don't think so.

This too, how many HOUSES have been broken into cause its ground floor?

59 minutes ago, Zack said:

Can’t they just pay for security to surround their house 24/7?

Could you imagine just leaving to go somewhere and casually seeing Celine Dion and Anna Wintour on your way out? lmaooooo

24 minutes ago, If U Seek Amy said:

Could you imagine just leaving to go somewhere and casually seeing Celine Dion and Anna Wintour on your way out? lmaooooo

Especially when they all shared warm relationships with each other. :eek:

Just now, Fastlane said:

Especially when they all shared warm relationships with each other. :eek:

I know I shouldn't view them as anything more than just people, because they are just other people. But I can't help like it is a funny thought to just casually witness that as an every day occurence because it would be so odd for me ha

• Haha 1

I really don't get spending that much money for anything that isn't a house with a bunch of land

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.