Biden praises GOP as "responsible, working in good faith". "Bipartisanship is back!"

Communion

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Communion

• Bears01

• HeavyMetalAura

• Headlock

he cant be serious 

:gaycat6:

I guess this is the type of **** moderate independent voters eat up.
Who am I kidding, he is only going to win in 2024 because of the anti-trump vote

Not ya'll thinking Biden is naive, ya'll keep underestimating that man. He and his advisors know what they're doing. They're aware of what the GOP is, they just know how to handle them, at least for the moment 

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

4 minutes ago, fab said:

Not ya'll thinking Biden is naive, ya'll keep underestimating that man. He and his advisors know what they're doing. 

Donald Trump got a larger share of the Republican vote in 2020 than in 2016. These attempts at ballot splitting and courting Republican voters do not work. 

The greatest factors for Biden's win in 2020 from data was young voters turning out more than usual in swing states and negative partisanship against Republicans. Democrat leaners having an existential fear of Republicans has been one of the main turnout motivators of the last 6 years.

Praising the GOP as largely normal and fine (while ending one of the most popular policies amongst young voters) is....insanity. Let alone to then think such is good PR. Lie to us. Tell us you didn't want to do this but fought back the tyrants to save America. Something. 

Edited by Communion
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, fab said:

Not ya'll thinking Biden is naive, ya'll keep underestimating that man. He and his advisors know what they're doing. They're aware of what the GOP is, they just know how to handle them, at least for the moment 

Handle them by….cutting deals that still hurt working Americans? He should have just signed the bill and shut his mouth. No, it was not nearly as bad as it could have been, but it still wasn’t anything to sing praise about and tout. 

6 minutes ago, fab said:

And how are they 'handling them' ? :rip:

7 minutes ago, Communion said:

Praising the GOP as largely normal and fine (while ending one of the most popular policies amongst young voters) is....insanity. Let alone to then think such is good PR. Lie to us. Tell us you didn't want to do this but fought back the tyrants to save America. Something. 

When you are right, you are damn right :clap3:

17 minutes ago, fab said:

:ace:

2 minutes ago, i spit on haters said:

And how are they 'handling them' ? :rip:

wbk from the moment that the GOP gained that House majority that they wouldn't waste a second to start tearing down Biden's legislative accomplishments.  we've seen that they don't care about collateral damage. like pls in 2019 they shut down the government for over a month over that petty border wall dispute. I honestly expected a much worse outcome 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

this old man is just a disappointment.

3 minutes ago, fab said:

wbk from the moment that the GOP gained that House majority that they wouldn't waste a second to start tearing down Biden's legislative accomplishments.  we've seen that they don't care about collateral damage. like pls in 2019 they shut down the government for over a month over that petty border wall dispute. I honestly expected a much worse outcome 

They still added work requirements to people on SNAP and put in a dirty pipeline that nobody except senators from WV wanted, on top of clawing back some $$ from the IRS. 

It wasn’t a good outcome. Could have been a lot worse? Yes. But he should have just shut his mouth, signed the bill, and moved on. “Bipartisanship, yayyyyyyyyyy!!” Doesn’t work in this regard.

25 minutes ago, Bears01 said:

When you are right, you are damn right :clap3:

:fan:

I mean... just look at the way people here, within their right to free speech, scold non-voters and 3rd party progressives.

Someone I think just recently told @byzantium (correct me if I'm wrong sis @byzantium), that, if they don't vote in 2024, despite living in Massachusetts, they're "directly letting the people who want LGBT people dead go on and win". !? :deadbanana4:

So it's like... what is it? Are Republicans a fascist party or a party of largely good people Biden considers friends?

This isn't even a problem restricted to Biden. Bernie Sanders quite literally lost to Biden because he understood that most people who'd be willing to get out of bed and vote for him were largely disillusioned and saw politicians *like* Biden as villains in their lives yet he and the Sanders team continually deflated his own base and were out-pivoted by DNC backroom deals because they refused to go after Biden and continually revered Biden, praising him as "a friend"!

Edited by Communion
  • Like 1

• ATRL Moderator

That fall knocking the rest of his sense out of him 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Communion said:

I mean... just look at the way people here, within their right to free speech, scold non-voters and 3rd party progressives.

Something I think just recently told @byzantium (correct me if I'm wrong sis @byzantium), that, if they don't vote in 2024, despite living in Massachusetts, they're "directly letting the people who want LGBT people dead to win". !? :deadbanana4:

So it's like... what is it? Are Republicans a fascist party or a party of largely good people Biden considers friends?

You’re not wrong. Part of why Biden and Democrats might have had success in the midterms in the first place was because for a brief moment, they told republicans to go **** themselves and passed the IRA (a flawed bill, but still solid) and did student debt cancellation, and called republicans “diet fascists” (this isn’t to praise Biden, this is just to say that maybe showing a tiny bit of fight can somewhat pay off) 

This whole fiasco ended in a less than ideal outcome (unless you’re a radical “centrist” like Joe Manchin, Kyrsten Sinema, Henry Cuellar and Brian Fitzpatrick, etc) so it’s best to just zip it 

• ATRL Moderator
36 minutes ago, fab said:

Joe Biden working with Mitch McConnell to give him an anti-abortion, religious extremism judgeship in Kentucky after the Dobbs decision isn’t “handling” the Republicans. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Communion said:

Something I think just recently told @byzantium (correct me if I'm wrong sis @byzantium), that, if they don't vote in 2024, despite living in Massachusetts, they're "directly letting the people who want LGBT people dead to win". !? :deadbanana4:

Yep.  It was two people.  They basically said voting third party in Massachusetts is a vote for anti-LGBT bigots and that I as a gay person have no right to complain about Republicans attacking LGBT people.  

Just now, Bloo said:

Joe Biden working with Mitch McConnell to give him an anti-abortion, religious extremism judgeship in Kentucky after the Dobbs decision isn’t “handling” the Republicans. 

That (thankfully) got bailed out by….another Republican refusing to cooperate :redface:

Nose fence to him, but approving a new debt limit isn’t really something that should be touted as an good example of bipartisanship when the alternative was throwing the country into financial chaos. 

He’s playing 4D chess, trying to trigger the Freedom Caucus so they end up removing McCarthy as speaker and cause more chaos in the party :clap3: 

• Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.