The Weeknd wants to produce a "classic" Madonna album

Wildcat

In a new interview with Zane Lowe on Apple Music 1, The Weeknd spoke about about his new single, "Popular" - featuring Madonna and Playboi Carti from his forthcoming soundtrack LP, The Idol Vol. 1, out June 30 - and also spoke about a potential future collaboration with the Queen Of Pop.

He called Madonna “the ultimate co-sign for this song.” “I've always wanted to work with her,” he said. “I’ve always wanted to write and produce a Madonna album…well, co-produce with her, of course. She’s a visionary and she has such a singular vision, and I just want to come into her world and create a classic Madonna album. That was always my dream. Hopefully this is the appetizer for that.”

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/weeknd-enlists-madonna-playboi-carti-040124855.html

Are you here for it, ATRL?.

spacer.png

Edited by Wildcat

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Second Coming

• UnfairTop

• Frozen99

• Gorjesspazze9

Top Posters In This Topic

Give us more Beat Goes On and Popular type songs king 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

No thanks 

Yes! Their universes would work so well together, especially if she's going for a classic 80s sound for her next album!

Yessss! Imma need Mr. Tesfaye to get his hands on those unreleased 80/90s demos and work his magic

Uhm he doesn't get what classic Madonna is if he's featuring other artist on Madonna songs lol. Popular sucks :ace:

Edited by UnfairTop
  • Like 2

I mean imagine an album full of Save Your Tears or Blinding Lights with Madonna. Bring Max Martin (who is already working with Madonna) and do it!

Here for it :wave2:A whole Madonna album produced by Abel, Max Martin and the Queen herself would be amazing

• Like 3

If she doesn't sing on it, I'm okay :date2:

Edited by magazine
  • Like 1

Here for it. I’m not a big fan of 80s style pop, and despite being a massive Madonna stan I find her works in the 90s and 00s to be far more interesting than anything from Self Titled-True Blue, but the way The Weeknd makes 80s pop modern is really, really cool. 

I also feel like this year, their missions/career paths are going to be on a similar trajectory. The Weeknd is getting a whole of (IMO) unnecessary flack from the Puritans because he dared to make a show full of sex and nudity, and Madonna has basically made a career off of the controversy of being too sexually (no Sam Smith pun intended) vulgar. 

She should working with Metro Boomin again and give us more improve Hard Candy :jonny:

I would love that. 

Yes! Give us Keep It Together 2.0 :jonnycat:

Mh, I think their collaboration as a trio could not only produce good tunes, but also a more aesthetic era alltogether. I'm here for it! :coffee2:

He can barely produce an album by himself without like three other musicians attached :skull:

As long as he doesn't open his mouth or writes anything im here for it :clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.