Dinah Jane of 5H talks solo career and keeping in touch with the girls

jdanton2

https://www.teenvogue.com/story/dinah-jane-fifth-harmony-aapi-month-interview?mbid=social_twitter&utm_social-type=owned&utm_brand=tv&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Though the group has gone their separate ways, she says they all still keep in touch. She tells me a sweet story about how she saw a photo of Normani at the mall and immediately made a video to send to her. Camila Cabello checks up on her sporadically, and she recently reunited with Lauren Jauregui for the first time since the band’s hiatus to celebrate Jauregui’s EP release. Life gets busy when you’re a pop star, but the support between them is still there. “I miss them and I love them. I love that we're all finding ourselves and allowing that freedom for each other to just go do what we can and figure that out.”

Dinah Jane’s future looks bright as she eases back into the limelight, ready to release new music and share a more vulnerable and authentic version of herself. She also coyly shares that she’s working on starting her own record label to help create a path for the next generation of artists. With a plethora of new projects currently on her plate, I ask how she would describe this era of her life. She simply says it’s a “rebirth.”

“I'm not shying away from who I am anymore,” she says. “And I want it to be known that I'm coming out strong. This is who I am. I'm a Polynesian girl and I'm not afraid to hide it, and I'm not afraid to speak my voice, and I'm not afraid for you to hear my voice.”

Edited by jdanton2
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, jdanton2 said:

I'm not shying away from who I am anymore,” she says. “And I want it to be known that I'm coming out strong. This is who I am. I'm a Polynesian girl and I'm not afraid to hide it, and I'm not afraid to speak my voice, and I'm not afraid for you to hear my voice.”

as a polynesian myself i love how outspoken she is about her identity. even though people downplay her career, her representation being part of a mainstream girl group was everything to me growing up  :clap3:

Edited by Dolce Vita
  • Like 1

complete 0 mention of Ally :bibliahh:

I really liked their voices together as a 4h, they should reunite 

They're gonna reunite, I can feel it. But I am going to need them to make more music because they hate some most of their songs and I won't care to hear most of their discography on their reunion tour.

• Like 1

Camila getting a mention and not Ally is just worrying :bibliahh: 

• Like 1

that sub-unit with Mila and Mani is definitely coming. :jonnycat:

• Like 1

Oh wow Camila too?

What career?

Honestly Heard It All Before and Missed A Spot were bops why has she left us hanging since? Feels like the only one who can get any music out is Camila and even then she needs collabs, what happened? These girls were huge and deserve to have good careers in music. 

The truth comes out and we know Ally is the culprit behind all the drama  :dies: 

It seems like Dinah is still moving around with her contracts so I hope it gets settled soon!

• Like 1

No mention of Ally because Dinah knows Ally ruined the height aesthetics of 5H.

She’s always been jealous of Ally

giphy.gif

i'm screaming at no ally mention :toofunny2:

dinah and camila has always been close

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Melancholy said:

complete 0 mention of Ally :bibliahh:

Why? were they not good?

3 hours ago, Harmonizer said:

They're gonna reunite, I can feel it. But I am going to need them to make more music because they hate some most of their songs and I won't care to hear most of their discography on their reunion tour.

the gag is a 4H with Cum and no Ally is more likely than the original 4H reuniting 

Sounds like a whole lot of nothing and nothing will come of anything she's saying tbh. Enjoy your rebirth tho 

Ally is the Nicole of the group :gayriahcat2:

24 minutes ago, Iceland said:

unsuccessful ? yea:gayriahcat2:

25 minutes ago, Iceland said:

Nicole not even camila 

4 hours ago, Dolce Vita said:

as a polynesian myself i love how outspoken she is about her identity. even though people downplay her career, her representation being part of a mainstream girl group was everything to me growing up  :clap3:

We love to see it :clap3:

3 hours ago, ALittleGauche said:

No mention of Ally because Dinah knows Ally ruined the height aesthetics of 5H.

:dies: tea though

She's starting a record label when she hasn't even released a solo album? :deadbanana2:

• Haha 1

Excited for this new phase in her career. I'm happy she's in a better place now. I used to enjoy her solo music!!

I'm wondering what happened to Ally honestly :deadbanana2:

so excited for her return, she deserves nothing but the best :clap3:

but yeah, ally seems to have completely alienated herself from the other girlies the last couple of years but I have noticed she's started recently liking some of the other girl's post (can't remember which) for the first time since the hiatus which is wild to me since the other's seem to have supported each other this whole time. So who knows, maybe she's slowly reaching back out.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.