Airline to Weigh Passengers

Jude

let me get that discount :jonnycat:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I mean… if it is completely anonymous and there is no weight shown to both passengers and staff, this would be market research. Planes can only have so much weight on them through baggage and passenger weight plus the weight of the fuel, etc. being able to accurately account for the weight of passengers, baggage, etc allows for the airlines to properly book the planes. It’s not like someone’s weight could prevent them from getting on their flight with this. 

I'm fine with this, and it's nothing new.

For small planes in coastal inner-state travel in the U.S. such as Cape Cod, MA, this is very common. 

People in general - regardless of their weight - should be flying less. 

The issue is how many times individuals are flying, not the weight of the person flying. One obese person flying one time in the next 5 years isn't having the same impact on the environment as a skinny person who regularly flies. 

We've become too entitled to the idea that we as humans have some innate right to globe-trotting when the reality is that such grand adventurism and travel is one part of what's killing the planet. And I get that it can feel silly to regulate what normal people when the rich will continue to do the worst offensives, but they should be included who we regulate. 

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 3

10 minutes ago, Communion said:

The issue is how many times individuals are flying, not the weight of the person flying. One obese person flying one time in the next 5 years isn't having the same impact on the environment as a skinny person who regularly flies. 

We've become too entitled to the idea that we as humans have some innate right to globe-trotting when the reality is that such grand adventurism and travel is one part of what's killing the planet. And I get that it can feel silly to regulate what normal people when the rich will continue to do the worst offensives, but they should be included who we regulate. 

We need the bullet train project in California to finish already. Imagine all the plane and car rides it can reduce.

Edited by Timber

That's fine. There's a weight limit on those planes.

38 minutes ago, Communion said:

I think the forced necessity of air travel is a bigger issue. For many people who want to see their family you either need to drive for days or fly there. We need better public transit 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Espresso said:

I'm fine with this, and it's nothing new.

For small planes in coastal inner-state travel in the U.S. such as Cape Cod, MA, this is very common. 

period, I've taken off from Boston to Ptown before and this is real

There’s weight limits to luggage so it makes a lot of sense tbh. Hope it won’t cause too much inconvenience during checkin :clap3:

• Like 1

This is not RIGHT. Lol

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.