Evan Rachel Wood Gives Up Custody Of Son After Alleged Marilyn Manson Threats

Ryan

• ATRL Administrator

ff33b160-fb1b-11ed-bf3a-ab9b57cdcd03

Actress Evan Rachel Wood has reportedly granted primary custody of her 9-year-old son, Jack, to her ex-husband, actor Jamie Bell. This decision comes amid a long-running custody dispute between the two, with the primary source of contention being Wood's safety concerns in Los Angeles due to her allegations of abuse against her ex-boyfriend, Marilyn Manson. 

Wood and Bell's history together goes back to 2005 when they first started dating. They rekindled their romance in 2011, married in 2012, and welcomed their son in 2013. By 2014, however, they had split. Wood has since publicly identified herself as a survivor of sexual assault and has accused Manson of abuse, which led to her receiving threats allegedly from Manson's fans. This situation led Wood to invest heavily in security for her L.A. home and eventually move to Tennessee part-time for the safety of her son.

The custody arrangement states that Jack will primarily live with Bell in Los Angeles, where Bell resides with his second wife, Kate Mara, and their two children. Wood will have custody of Jack for one extended weekend per month, as well as on some holidays and school breaks.

Wood's relocation to Tennessee became permanent in 2020, which Bell alleged was done without his consent, accusing her of withholding their son. In a filing, Wood admitted to concealing their whereabouts at one point due to her accusations against Manson and her agreement to testify against him. She expressed grave concerns about their son's safety in Los Angeles. Bell, on the other hand, accused Wood of causing psychological harm to their son through "prolonged separation”.

According to Wood’s court filing, Manson threatened to send Hell's Angels after her and to have them SA her son in front of her before killing them both. This is why she fled her home in 2020 and moved to Tennessee.

Her ex-Bell said: “Whatever fears Evan may have regarding third parties should have nothing to do with me or custody of our son. I do not even want to think of the short- and long-term psychological harm Evan might be inflicting upon Jack with this kind of talk and my prolonged separation from him.”

Wood's battle with Manson continues, accusing him of grooming her as a teenager and abusing her for years. Manson has not been charged with any crime connected to her allegations but is suing her for defamation. However, the judge struck down his major claims in a recent ruling. 

Disgusting. And one of Depp’s best friends btw.

We have the rare vantage point of seeing, in real time, how institutions protect men accused of abuse.

• Like 4

wow her ex sucks too. imagine having such a big ego that u can’t see this woman is horrified and trying to keep her kid safe

It baffles me that there are women out there who would actually want to date, let alone marry that disgusting goth freak. And her ex is absolute trash too.

I hope Evan gets justice.

• Like 1

this is really stupid, poor rachel

That's really sad.

Ugh I really hope she is safe. That vile man and his best friend depp deserve nothing less than death

I had no idea that she was married to the Billie Elliitt kid and then he was married to Kate Mara :eek:

disgusting. I feel so bad for Evan, she's had so much horrible sh*t happen in her life, I really hope she gets justice :cries:

I feel terrible for her, I hope she wins.

The way he was so dismissive of her claims and said it has nothing to do with him when she explicitly mentioned them harming their son too 

this is absolutely disgusting. depp and his circle need to be stopped 

Gosh I really hope nothing happens to Evan.

And Jamie Bell is added to the list of celebrities I don’t like. And tbh I forgot he existed anyway, until now

Yea you need consent if you are gonna move someone's child to a different state. Big time.

really odd that bell’s argument is based around psychological damage from “prolonged separation” but then has a custody agreement that involves the boy being separated from his mother for prolonged periods of time…

• ATRL Moderator

Her ex-Bell said: “Whatever fears Evan may have regarding third parties should have nothing to do with me or custody of our son.

Umm, WHAT? Threats against his life have nothing to do with where he lives? This doesn't make sense :psyduck:

Had no idea Jamie married Kate Mara though.

11 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

Umm, WHAT? Threats against his life have nothing to do with where he lives? This doesn't make sense :psyduck:

Had no idea Jamie married Kate Mara though.

Me neither; her dad's family owns the NY Giants and her mom's owns the Pittsburgh Steelers. They're one of the richest families in the country, so at least they also have the extreme wealth necessary to provide the security needed - private security like that can escalate into the millions very quickly. It's not far fetched at all to believe Marilyn Manson would cause grave harm to Evan's son or at least threaten it to try and ruin her life.

She shouldn't have taken her son across the country without informing his father, but it's disgusting she even felt the need to because the system refuses to protect her from a clearly violent and sociopathic man. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.