Olivia vs Travis Scott (possibly)

Luckitty

Olivia and Travis are both expected to release on June 30th (no official announcements yet tho)

Travis

Olivia

do you think Travis could be a competition for Olivia? who do you think is gonna be #1? 

share your thoughts and predictions :celestial5:

im sure travis will push the album back again (like he's been doing)

There’s nothing concrete with Travis release.
And yes he will be competition. 

Even if Travis blocks Olivia for #1 the first week, his single will be more front loaded, while Olivia’s lead should have legs 

Blocking Travis Scott is a rite of passage for Main Pop Girls at this point. Olivia, you can do it! She just needs a strong lead single.

this would be entertaining given both releases are highly anticipated albeit by different demographics but it will be interesting to watch play out

• Like 1

i feel like his hype is drastically lower compared to the way people listened to him pre-astroworld

So the following week is OR vs. TS vs. TS. :gaycat3:

The charts will be exciting again!

First of all, thank you for creating this thread. 

I wouldn't understand if they both released their song/album on the same day, as both could reach a #1 song with their hype they have.

In addition, it should also mean that labels talk to each other about releases. 

Especially the charts are not so strong at the moment and releasing something when an a-list singer/rapper is planning to do it would not be so smart for the peak.

Olivia is probably just dropping the lead single. Travis is releasing the whole thing, right? It's gonna be a tough battle for the #1 on Billboard Hot 100. Probably the most exciting thing to happen on charts for a while. 

9 hours ago, ariesgroove said:

this would be entertaining given both releases are highly anticipated albeit by different demographics but it will be interesting to watch play out

this is giving j.cole vs good 4 u actually

Depends if the Travis song/album will be any good, as if it is, he's sure to take the top spot

I thought the hype for him had dwindled after the concert fiasco that caused the death of several people... Anyway rooting for Olivia on this one.

11 hours ago, Taylor fanboy said:

So the following week is OR vs. TS vs. TS. :gaycat3:

The charts will be exciting again!

Not everything is about Taylor. Travis and Olivia's second week won't compete with Taylor's first and you know it so why bring it up at all? This thread isn't about her.

OT: Olivia has an edge imo. I feel like Travis' hype died A LOT since the Astroworld disaster, and this time around Olivia has a very solid fanbase that could potentially get her numbers if she has enough time for pre orders. But I'm surprised because she hasn't put them out yet. Physicals are her best bet to beat Travis because as low as his hype might be, he'll always have a good chunk of a fanbase that streams a lot so they're pretty equal in that regard, unless Olivia has a smash lead single

Apparently, Travis's lead single is a song with Bad Bunny.  :duck: It all depends on Olivia's autoplay.

7 hours ago, More Than A Melody said:

Not everything is about Taylor. Travis and Olivia's second week won't compete with Taylor's first and you know it so why bring it up at all? This thread isn't about her.

OT: Olivia has an edge imo. I feel like Travis' hype died A LOT since the Astroworld disaster, and this time around Olivia has a very solid fanbase that could potentially get her numbers if she has enough time for pre orders. But I'm surprised because she hasn't put them out yet. Physicals are her best bet to beat Travis because as low as his hype might be, he'll always have a good chunk of a fanbase that streams a lot so they're pretty equal in that regard, unless Olivia has a smash lead single

Pretty sure my point is “the charts” being exciting again.

And it seems to be if Olivia and Travis goes head to head first.

Why the insensitive man that kept singing over corpses still releasing music. He should be in jail 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.