Twitter could be blocked in Europe as Elon withdraws from EU's anti-disinformation

Gwendolyn

Good those jobless hags on twitter need a reality check 

5 hours ago, Stimulus said:

Plenty of other social networks to take its place. Bye.

Which ones? Genuine question.

20 hours ago, Siberian Tiger said:

Which ones? Genuine question.

Mastodon was probably the first social network to be described as an alternative to Twitter. I've used it for years to discuss topics that I care about, and I love it. There's a guide to joining Mastodon here. The community is smaller but it feels much more welcoming than Twitter. People tend to post things that are more thoughtful and less spammy.

If you use Twitter to follow artists, celebrities, and other big accounts, Bluesky is in a good position to pick up all of the people who are tired of seeing trashy comments from Twitter Blue users under every popular tweet. Bluesky looks just like Twitter and has Jack Dorsey in its board of directors. It was originally a Twitter company project that became its own separate organization a year before Elon Musk bought out Twitter.

There are also all of the other social networks that people already use. Twitter gets a ton of attention for its size since a lot of journalists like to use tweets in their articles and broadcasts. But there are a lot of social networks that are at least as big as Twitter, and even more that are smaller, and all of them serve a similar purpose. Nobody really needs Twitter.

25 minutes ago, Stimulus said:

Mastodon

Too small

Bluesky

Says it's not available yet

There are also all of the other social networks that people already use. Twitter gets a ton of attention for its size since a lot of journalists like to use tweets in their articles and broadcasts. But there are a lot of social networks that are at least as big as Twitter, and even more that are smaller, and all of them serve a similar purpose. Nobody really needs Twitter.

From that list Weibo is the only real alternative but it's mostly in Chinese.

11 minutes ago, Siberian Tiger said:

Too small

That's not good enough of a reason for me to stop using Mastodon. 10 million users are plenty, and I'm already happy with it today.

Edited by Stimulus

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.