Twitter could be blocked in Europe as Elon withdraws from EU's anti-disinformation

Gwendolyn

Twitter has pulled out of the European Union's voluntary code of practice regarding online disinformation as the company's owner continues posting content that could be flagged under a forthcoming EU law.

The social media site's withdrawal from the EU's agreement on disinformation could signal owner Elon Musk is preparing to cease operations in Europe entirely, Euractiv reported, as a new law — the Digital Services Act (DSA)— is set to take effect in August. The law, which establishes requirements for monitoring and flagging disinformation, would make the now voluntary agreement mandatory for large social media sites.

https://www.businessinsider.com/elon-musk-pull-twitter-european-commission-digital-services-act-2023-5?r=US&IR=T

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

wasn't he just saying he only supports free speech that's within the law, i.e. legal? 

interesting how he flipped now that it affects him. of course his take was dumb to begin with, but when has he ever said something smart...

crashing rockets, killer cars and a site that's going down the drain. his end is near :redface:

DO IT. Twitter needs to DIE.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Good. Im thinking of leaving twitter soon

it's riddled with homophobes now

We don't care

We stan! Die, Twitter!

He's been very willing to comply with government demands during his tenure at Twitter, so I'm pretty sure he'll abide by this law too. Just another case of the spineless loser pretending like he's above the fray.

1 hour ago, airplane said:

crashing rockets, killer cars and a site that's going down the drain. his end is near :redface:

Don’t forget killer brain chips 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Zox said:

Don’t forget killer brain chips 

its crazy to me the same people who said the covid vaccine had a microchip in it are willing to let Elon Musk implant a brain chip that has like a 99% fail rate in monkeys:rip:

13 minutes ago, XAMJ said:

its crazy to me the same people who said the covid vaccine had a microchip in it are willing to let Elon Musk implant a brain chip that has like a 99% fail rate in monkeys:rip:

Those Muskrats delulus don't have a functioning brain to begin with, so that chip wouldn't make a difference anyway. :rip:

OT: come on Europe. Do it and be productive for once. That Twitter is a plague on society. Bigots could just pay 5 dollars and be on top of your replies spilling bullshits. And the reporting does nothing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Can't stand this clown. Twitter has it's good and bad things, he will end up giving up and comply 

Where should I watch ... you know what I mean? 

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9520gcv9njlf69z67i4a0j5u3xsqud7xc172sb9p9sz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.