Is Disney trying to kill Pixar?

Hiatus

Soul, Turning Red, Luca were acclaimed yet had no theatrical release in the US. 

Lightyear, Onward, Elemental had mixed to bad reactions but got theatrical releases. Onward had decent critic reviews but fans don't seem to like it online (Chris Pratt is in it).

Is Disney trying to do to Pixar what they did to Treasure Planet?

• Like 1

Pixar is killing themselves by releasing mediocre movies.

Truly people were too excited to see Marvel's death, when in reality Disney was killing Pixar in front of our eyes.

The ironic part is that Disney Animation is literally on the same road, with the exception of Encanto, both Raya and Strange World were forgettable bombs.

Don't know who's at fault for this, either Iger or Chapek but Disney is ******* up very big way all across their companies. And then the GP and twitter act surprised when they keep releasing remakes.

I think Disney will fall in the 20s decade.

They removed the behind the scenes movie for Lightyear from Disney+. 

Pixar is not safe from the chopping block. 

werent all of those movies released when theaters were closed due to the pandemic?

They used the unkillable Pixar brand to help Disney+ and it backfired bad. 

2 minutes ago, Ricanaire said:

werent all of those movies released when theaters were closed due to the pandemic?

That excuse only flies with Soul. 

• Thumbs Down 1

40 minutes ago, Delusional said:

I think Disney will fall in the 20s decade.

People thought this in 00s when they were in even worse shape. They'll flop for a bit then have a comeback by the end of the decade 

31 minutes ago, D/X said:

Truly people were too excited to see Marvel's death, when in reality Disney was killing Pixar in front of our eyes.

!!! 

Several franchises are dying in front of our eyes:

The new Fast and Furious movie is collapsing.

Pixar's Elemental is projected to bomb

Transformes is projected to bomb.

----

And Guardians is smashing and Spider-Verse is coming for blood.

:celestial5:

Yeah. I do t think they will ever reach the Peaks of Toy Story, Finding Nemo & The incredibles again. 

2 hours ago, PoKiTaurus said:

They removed the behind the scenes movie for Lightyear from Disney+. 

Pixar is not safe from the chopping block. 

I don't get the decontenting of an already lackluster selection on Disney+ 

What is ms iger thinking? Don't they own the rights to all that **** anyway? I'm sure it can easily be explained as yet another cash grab in some way, but I don't know enough of about the entertainment industry to connect the dots. :celestial5:

Edited by modeblock

2 hours ago, D/X said:

both Raya  forgettable bombs.

wrong

2 hours ago, Blade Runner said:

They used the unkillable Pixar brand to help Disney+ and it backfired bad. 

This, Pixar always had a certain quality about them, but their reputation has taken a hit during the streaming era because now you have to push more content out faster.

It’s crazy because Pixar used to be the best thing that happened to Disney. Disney+ and their mediocre contents are killing the Disney empire. :sad: 

2 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

That excuse only flies with Soul. 

And Luca.

3 hours ago, Broken said:

!!! 

Several franchises are dying in front of our eyes:

The new Fast and Furious movie is collapsing.

Pixar's Elemental is projected to bomb

Transformes is projected to bomb.

----

And Guardians is smashing and Spider-Verse is coming for blood.

:celestial5:

I Guess no one thinks Marvel movies are starting to make 300m ww all at once 

But Thor 4 less than the 3, black panther 2 made 500M less than the First, ant man did bad and guardians even if sold as Trilogy final could make less than the second too.

For The marvels expectations are not high as the first chapter too. So a fatigue seems confirmed, let'see if It continues year by year. 

disney's previous CEO led the strategy to push pixar releases directly to disney+ and now that iger is back in the role he has been pushing everything to theatrical. pixar is in a weird place though, yeah. 

Disney has been pushing Pixar too hard and needs to give the company time to come up with higher quality, solid ideas rather than quantity.  I think the former/now current CEO might help get them back on track.

6 hours ago, vale9001 said:

I Guess no one thinks Marvel movies are starting to make 300m ww all at once 

But Thor 4 less than the 3, black panther 2 made 500M less than the First, ant man did bad and guardians even if sold as Trilogy final could make less than the second too.

For The marvels expectations are not high as the first chapter too. So a fatigue seems confirmed, let'see if It continues year by year. 

:rip:

I won't bother arguing with a Margot Robbie stan. Have a nice day.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.