Bill that required Texas public school display the 10 commandments, fails

Bears01

Not much good news comes out of the state of texas lately, but here’s a minor victory :clap3:

The irony of a state stolen from Mexico and a part of the confederacy wanting to display the 10 commandments :dies:

reading the first commandment just REEKS of insecurity on god's end.

Edited by spree

But the chaplains in place of guidance counselors section is still going ahead :coffee2: 

Good :clap3:I would hate to display this in my future classroom 

3 minutes ago, Espresso said:

But the chaplains in place of guidance counselors section is still going ahead :coffee2: 

Hopefully someone sues to get this repealed too, though with the judges in place in Texas, I don't have my hopes up :rip: 

ot: the fact we even have to worry about horseshit legislation like this in 2023 is horrid. 

10 minutes ago, spree said:

reading the first commandment just REEKS of insecurity on god's end.

Like?? Why on EARTH was THAT first? Above thou shalt not kill? Commit adultery? Steal? :ahh: 

10 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

Like?? Why on EARTH was THAT first? Above thou shalt not kill? Commit adultery? Steal? :ahh: 

And then condemnations of horrible acts like rape and slavery are omitted entirely :rip: 

• Haha 1

• ATRL Moderator
11 hours ago, Aston Martin said:

And then condemnations of horrible acts like rape and slavery are omitted entirely :rip: 

Slavery is okay in the Bible so… it’s not all that surprising. :toofunny2:

On 5/25/2023 at 12:05 AM, Aston Martin said:

The 10 commandments are not all the commandments in the Bible. They are just a brief summary of hundreds of biblical laws, rules & injunctions.

Slavery wasn’t prohibited outright bec it was the prevailing economic system in antiquity. Literally every ancient civilization was founded on it. Capitalism was only invented not more than 500 years ago. 

Rape is decried in the Bible.

1 hour ago, Samsara said:

The 10 commandments are not all the commandments in the Bible. They are just a brief summary of hundreds of biblical laws, rules & injunctions.

Slavery wasn’t prohibited outright bec it was the prevailing economic system in antiquity. Literally every ancient civilization was founded on it. Capitalism was only invented not more than 500 years ago. 

Rape is decried in the Bible.

Well I was talking about them being omitted from the 10 commandments, which they are, so.....

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.