Brazil providing shelter for LGBTQIA+ refugees.

Selegend

Latin America's biggest country has started to take action. 

Brazil will reduce bureaucracy and simplify entry processes in the national territory to welcome LGBT+ refugees from other countries where the community is persecuted or criminalized. The measure was announced on Thursday, 18, by the national secretary for the Rights of LGBTQIA+ People, Symmy Larrat, one day after the date that internationally commemorates the fight against violence directed at this population.

“This attitude in Brazil of facilitating the entry of LGBTQIA+ people is important because, first of all, we recognize that we must respect and guarantee the lives of these people. Second, that Brazil promotes welcoming. Third, we signal to the world that LGBTQIA+ people really matter in this country and that we are going to promote the necessary actions to guarantee the rights and protect the lives of these people”, said Symmy.

The measure is unprecedented on the international scene and places Brazil at the forefront of welcoming LGBT+ refugees. Today, around 70 countries criminalize the LGBT+ community, with penalties ranging from imprisonment to the death penalty.

In recent months, the amount of anti-LGBT+ laws has increased in countries like Iran, which has promoted the persecution of this population; Uganda, through the recently approved death penalty for homosexuals; and the United States, where there is a coordinated movement among republican politicians for the prohibition of transsexual access to health and drag queens to perform in public spaces.

https://www.estadao.com.br/brasil/brasil-oferece-acolhimento-a-refugiados-lgbt-de-paises-onde-a-comunidade-e-perseguida-nprm/ 

Thanks, sounds great - but I have to live off something as well. I can’t only survive purely off..

:clap3:

Bolsonaro OUT impact already

• Like 1

They’re so lucky to meet those Brazilian men :mandown:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Pacify Him said:

They’re so lucky to meet those Brazilian men :mandown:

girl...... we're nothing to brag about

2 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

Brazilian men are the best girlie :jonny2:

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

We kinda are. There’s ugly people everywhere, here too. :laugh: In general brazilian man are considered very attractive. 

• Like 1

Love Brazil and their LGBT support. But even if I thought about it I’ll take the US any day over the mega corrupt and murder capital Brazil 💀

15 hours ago, If U Seek Amy said:

Love Brazil and their LGBT support. But even if I thought about it I’ll take the US any day over the mega corrupt and murder capital Brazil 💀

They’re refugees. They’re not making choices about where to live. They are leaving their war torn countries or suffering death penalty in their legislation simply for being like us. The US and EU are denying refugees left and right, leaving them to die at borders. When they accept them they fail to give them basic citizenship structure for rights and access. I know this because I worked with refugees in Germany. A whole camp (which is already a dehumanizing experience in itself) was set fire to years ago. Context matters. Obviously “american refugees” would only take the shot at very extreme circumstances (that already exists in other countries and as messy as Brazil is it’s still a much better country than some of the other listed for LGBTQIA+ people and refugee legislation)

Edited by liquiddiamonds
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Selegend said:

We kinda are. There’s ugly people everywhere, here too. :laugh: In general brazilian man are considered very attractive. 

Imagine saying that when our country always figure high (unfortunately) in sexual tourism statistics. It’s a harem for gay western men during summertime. They clearly find brazilian men attractive 

Edited by liquiddiamonds

1 hour ago, liquiddiamonds said:

Imagine saying that when our country always figure high (unfortunately) in sexual tourism statistics. It’s a harem for gay western men during summertime. They clearly find brazilian men attractive 

So Brazilian men are fetishized. 

2 hours ago, liquiddiamonds said:

They’re refugees. They’re not making choices about where to live. They are leaving their war torn countries or suffering death penalty in their legislation simply for being like us. The US and EU are denying refugees left and right, leaving them to die at borders. When they accept them they fail to give them basic citizenship structure for rights and access. I know this because I worked with refugees in Germany. A whole camp (which is already a dehumanizing experience in itself) was set fire to years ago. Context matters. Obviously “american refugees” would only take the shot at very extreme circumstances (that already exists in other countries and as messy as Brazil is it’s still a much better country than some of the other listed for LGBTQIA+ people and refugee legislation)

:clap3:

37 minutes ago, Tropez said:

So Brazilian men are fetishized. 

Yes, but how do you fetishize what you are not attracted to? The OG comment was a clear fetishizing one too btw

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.