Abel Tesfaye is getting dragged for poor acting, why?

chosensparkles

Tesfaye is also a terrible actor. He lacks the comfortability, the gravitas, charisma, and charm to increase the viability of Jocelyn being attracted to him. In most scenes, Tesfaye either hides under the cover of dim lighting, obtrusive coverage, or re-recorded dialogue dubbed into several scenes 

The Playlist

Notably, of all the characters Tesfaye helped create for the show, his is one of the few who isn’t required to spend their time on screen parading around in their underwear – or less. But he has given himself some eyebrow-raising dialogue, including (I’ve replaced the body parts with vegetables, to render the thing publishable): “I want to grab you by the pumpkin while you suffocate on my parsnip”. For one thing, it’s just fatuously graphic – surely the very worst line of dialogue we’ll hear all year. For another, the basic bodily logistics are baffling: pulling off this manoeuvre would require the physique of Mr Tickle. Sex talk that manages to be a turn-off in two different ways is some screenwriting feat.

The Telegraph

Tesfaye, a bit stiff . There’s a strenuousness to the sex scenes between Depp and Tesfaye that kills any sense of eroticism.

The Hollywood Reporter

Anonymous sources told Rolling Stone that this was at least partly due to musician turned actor-producer The Weeknd – AKA Abel Tesfaye – objecting to the show’s attention on the female perspective, and wanting more focus on his character Tedros. for Tesfaye is one of the least charismatic characters on TV. It soon transpires he is some kind of cult leader, and when he and his entourage arrive at Jocelyn’s home in episode two, there is a feeling that we are in the presence of a Charles Manson wannabe. for Depp is fine as the damaged Jocelyn, and – Tesfaye aside – she is supported by an excellent cast

Evening Standard

Who told him to get a leading role in a film? 

Most popstars are terrible actors

Beyoncé, Madonna, Britney, MJ, Prince, Mariah (inb4 that 10 second Precious cameo), Taylor, Rihanna and now Abel apparently are all bad for the most part

Only exceptions are Diana, Barbra, Cher, Gaga and Whitney who are ok/good depending on the director 

Edited by CaptainMusic
  • Like 1

If they were really going for a p*rn erotica, they should've casted someone with s*x-appeal, not him...:ace:

1 minute ago, NostalgiawithDua said:

If they were really going for a p*rn erotica, they should've casted someone with s*x-appeal, not him...:ace:

he's not even showing a thing, his ass is a stunt double

3 minutes ago, CaptainMusic said:

Beyoncé, Madonna, Britney, MJ, Prince, Mariah (inb4 that 10 second Precious cameo), Taylor, Rihanna and now Abel apparently are all bad for the most part

Only exceptions are Diana, Barbra, Cher, Gaga and Whitney who are ok/good depending on the director 

Billie was also pretty good in Swarm. I have no idea if she wants to pursue a career in acting, but she does have the talent. 

Because fo that poor acting.. The answer is in your question :ace:

His acting is giving Paris hilton acting but without being iconic 

Some musicians need to know when to not do acting, it’s not for everyone and Abel is an example of that.  

4 minutes ago, CaptainMusic said:

Beyoncé was great in Dreamgirls imo

Rihanna was good in Bates Motel / Guava Island also

10 minutes ago, CaptainMusic said:

Beyoncé and Mariah have both proven that they can act. they just need to be working under the right circumstances 

Because he butted into that series out of his own ego and he needs to be faced with the reality of his situation.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CaptainMusic said:

Gaga was good only on a star Is Born. And Beyoncé would kill a role like this with the right commitment. 

Rihanna which movies did?. I wouldn't say She has been an actress. Taylor too, literally has made Just a couple of 3 minutes cameos. Nothing you really prepare like you're doing a lifetime big role. Even great actors have bad performances or forgettable cameos, so you can know how they can be if they are really committed. 

Barbra Is both a singer and an actor. I mean she's "Born" as Broadway musical actress, so It's another category, She Is not a pop star doing movies like the others.

• Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

Gaga was good only on a star Is Born.

we still pushing that narrative?

a BAFTA, Critics Choice, Golden Globe, SAG nominee for her second leading role

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

Gaga was good only on a star Is Born.

Lady Gaga is not only a better actress, but also a better singer than Abel Tesfaye.

39 minutes ago, CaptainMusic said:

I love how you say that Mariah can’t act, then openly disregard the one acting performance of hers that disproves that lol.

"I want to grab you by the pumpkin while you suffocate on my parsnip” :rip: :bibliahh:

because he's a singer. They need to learn to act before playing a big role in a serie/movie. :duck: but they think their names are enough (Harry Styles) :duck:

Not everyone can be a great actor I guess :gaygacat4:

no brave full frontal nude scene(s), no acclaim :cm:

He's not Gaga :giraffe:

the audacity of producing an exploitation series and refusing to bare your own damn ass lmao corny

• Like 1

my guess is because he's bad at acting

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.