James Gunn Awarded For Depictions of Animal Exploitation in GOTG Vol. 3

GraceRandolph

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 does something few movies have ever done: It tells a beautiful and compassionate story about testing on animals to a Marvel-size audience. The film features gorgeously animated animals, including Rocket (voiced by Bradley Cooper), Lylla, Floor, and Teefs, who take moviegoers on an emotional rollercoaster while exposing the evils of animal testing. James Gunn’s screenplay doesn’t back away from the tough (but often true-to-reality) subject matter, and we’re thrilled by a story about having empathy for all living, feeling beings.

For his kind and compelling portrayal of Rocket and his friends and reminding moviegoers that animals tortured in laboratories are sentient beings and not the numbers tattooed on them, PETA is honoring Gunn (who is also the director of the film) with the Not a Number Award.

spacer.png

Marvel reveals Rocket’s backstory while opening moviegoers’ eyes to the horrors of animal testing. Nebula said it best: Using animals in experimentation is “worse than anything Thanos ever did,” and it needs to end.

Here are just a few things that Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 exposes about animals used in experimentation:

• Animals are given ID numbers, like 89P13, instead of names.
  • Their ID numbers are typically tattooed on their chests, like both Lylla’s and Rocket’s, or inside their ears.
  • Experiments are often driven by curiosity and serve no real purpose.
  • Like 2

Such a heartbreaking but beautifully executed storyline!

”I’ve been flying with our friends.”

spacer.png

• Like 3

The amount of acclaim this movie has received is insane.

If Superman: Legacy is as good or better than Guardians 3, it's over for Marvel.

The way it was executed was perfect, I sobbed several times during those scenes :weeps: 

Tbh I hate superhero movies and think they're BS and for 12-year-olds, BUT, so many friends talked about those scenes that I ended up seeing the movie at the cinema and WOW... it was beautiful :weeps:

I wouldn't be celebrating notice from as awful an organization as peta :doc:

:clap3:

But he burned birds on TSS and was being called out for that 💀

5 years ago when I was obsessing over Vol 2 I would have NEVER imagined the absolute EVENT this third film would become. 

See when you serve quality, vision, and flawless execution. :clap3:

37 minutes ago, SuperCiC1 said:

5 years ago when I was obsessing over Vol 2 I would have NEVER imagined the absolute EVENT this third film would become. 

See when you serve quality, vision, and flawless execution. :clap3:

well reviews are worse, we'll have to see if final box office is worse

I now stopped eating raccoons. Thanks James Gunn :clap3:

23 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

well reviews are worse, we'll have to see if final box office is worse

8.3 imdb 82 RT and 64 MC ???

That's on par with the second, which I vastly prefer to the first, and audience reaction has been positive. Box office wise, it's already made its budget and this is definitely the last one (with this cast/crew), so I hope they went in an even weirder direction this time at risk of polarizing reviews.

I love the success this franchise has enjoyed but I would also be happy to call it Marvel's cult trilogy. Like, Vol 2 is truly a very weird film in any context, but for a superhero movie it really doesn't get any stranger.

yes, for reviews

85 is larger than 82

67 is larger than 64

i didn't say it was a lot worse.

18 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

yes, for reviews

85 is larger than 82

67 is larger than 64

i didn't say it was a lot worse.

... ok:rip:

considering the 5 years since the last, cast/crew controversies, and superhero (marvel) fatigue, it doesn't seem significant, but I will be back once I've actually watched it...

my review >>> critics

spacer.png

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.