Meta debuting Twitter-like app "Threads"

Gui Blackout

Yeah, facebook/meta is not gonna be the savior they think they are

I'm rooting for Zuck :heart:

Let's end Musk for good :duca:

• Like 2

We love to see it 

I think this could be big with celebrities and brands who left Twitter because it became a toxic image. It will be linked with Instagram and they have a much more "clean" and fashionable image, also better for marketing.

Tbh if they play their cards right it can be a thing, I'm addicted to twitter but I'd leave if I had an acceptable alternative. If they use instagram to their favor that'd be amazing too, like when we could share an instagram post on twitter and the video and pic would be there instead of a link. 

• ATRL Moderator

They actually have a golden opportunity to pull the rug from underneath Twitter. It would be quite a moment.

All that to say, screw Meta and I would rather another platform rise to the occasion to replace Twitter.

I can see it being successful. Competition is always good for consumers, but in this case I am afraid it might be too much hassle to check two sites.

Well Elon is kind of stepping down out of Twitter, or at least making the decisions

so it probably will return to power

they kind of missed the mark imo?
But can u really say in the end..

• ATRL Administrator

Meta ruins everything they touch. Nor are they not the evil that Twitter is. I’d much rather a new alternative not connected to the existing evils take over.

Mark debuts his Truth Social :eli: this could do something cause right now Twitter still is mother, Facebook is literally bones and Instagram is so boring now

My old Facebook friends are gonna be INSUFFERABLE if this becomes a thing :dies:

Facebook stunted its own growth when they started messing with the Newsfeed. You could no longer see real-time posts, but instead got highly curated posts from friends that Facebook thought were more important for you, while hiding posts from others if you didn’t interact enough. 

This alternative could be great if they don’t make the same mistake again. 

Can't wait for the next round of layoffs due to Zuckerberg's **** ups :monkey:

e2467116b87388f511e441c13e8d5d6d26-zuckularity-final.rsquare.w700.jpg

Every social media app Facebook produces ends up being perfect for squares and boomers, people who take things too seriously 

ehh this COULD work but everything Meta does is PG... it's too sterile and safe.

3 hours ago, Gui Blackout said:

I think this could be big with celebrities and brands who left Twitter because it became a toxic image. It will be linked with Instagram and they have a much more "clean" and fashionable image, also better for marketing.

yeah but IG is dead these days. TikTok completely stole their thunder hence Zuck trying to come with Reels which hasn't been nearly as successful as they hoped and TikTok continues to eat their lunch. This has potential but I think Jack Dorsey's BlueSky will probably end up being the most successful Twitter 2.0 app.

• ATRL Moderator

I just need my BlueSky invite and I'll be set 

This is it, they should have done this long ago.  IG has all of the biggest celebrities, influencers, politicians, brands, etc.  Anyone who has stopped using Twitter due to Elon is still using IG, this could become the perfect competitor to Twitter.  My biggest issue with Twitter is that only a few of my friends use it, and most don't actually tweet, but they do constantly use and post on IG.  

if it links with instagram the way reels are, this is gonna be big and gonna be good for celebrities tbh considering most celebs have bigger followers on ig than twitter

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.