Ain't No Mountain High Enough hits 1B Streams on Spotify

Stepfon

VERY well deserved. A certified classic that maintains its intricacy and impact 56 years removed from the initial inception. Marvin Gaye is a definitive legend, and Tammi Terrell deserved SO much more than what this cruel existence forced upon her. :heart:

• Like 1

This song is so good. It more than deserves the 1B streams.

• Like 1

It's so funny how these old songs are SO short considering what stans and experts say about the Spotify/TikTok effect over songs' lenght lately. 

OT: Deserved. 

That's surprising tbh.

Always thought miss Ross sang the original

The 3rd female R&B song to reach 1 Billion on Spotify other than Rihanna & H.E.R.:clap3:

Rihanna - Needed Me

H.E.R. - Best Part

Tammi Terrell - Ain't No Mountain High Enough 

I prefer the Diana Ross version over this, but the song itself is way overhyped/overrated. I don't get the appeal of the song. This song was overplayed during the summer of 2003, and I got sick of it very quickly.

Fortunate Son should reach 1 billion streams soon. Once it does, here is my ranking of the songs 50+ with 1B streams:

Fortunate Son > Have You Ever Seen the Rain > Here Comes the Sun >>> Ain't No Mountain High Enough

first Here Comes the Sun hitting 1B a couple days ago, and now this. it’s nice to see the 1960’s finally hitting the milestones it deserves. it looks like the true classics of that era will be revealing themselves one by one :jonny5:

Wow bethenney wow

wasnt expecting but this is an amazing song.

3 hours ago, pride4jc1222 said:

I prefer the Diana Ross version over this, but the song itself is way overhyped/overrated. I don't get the appeal of the song. This song was overplayed during the summer of 2003, and I got sick of it very quickly.

Yes. Marvin & Tammi deserve.

Ain't Nothing Like the Real Thing also deserves :jonny5:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, LesFleur said:

Yes. Marvin & Tammi deserve.

Ain't Nothing Like the Real Thing also deserves :jonny5:

:clap3:

Yeah, Ain’t Nothing Like the Real Thing is so much better. I used to hear this on my oldies station when they played only 60s and 70s music.

Edited by pride4jc1222

On 5/18/2023 at 3:16 AM, Blade Runner said:

It's so funny how these old songs are SO short considering what stans and experts say about the Spotify/TikTok effect over songs' lenght lately. 

OT: Deserved. 

because the commercial viabilty of the album format has increasingly lessened in modern times, single track lengths have indeed reverted to how they were in the 60s. The kicker is they were able to pack SO much in those 2 and a half minute songs back then whereas now there are no bridges and barely any key changes in a song.

What a cultural landmark this song is. Very much deserved and I hope that the families of their respective estates are benefiting in some way from this, especially Tammi's. 

19 hours ago, Stepfon said:

:clap3:

It Takes Two with Kim Weston also. Kim rarely gets her flowers :jonny5:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.