Taylor Swift fans write open letter to her demanding genuine remorse

Fama

The way her fans treat her like a 18yo Kpop idol is soooo  :bibliahh:

That's what you get when you grow a cult of deranged teenage girls that live their lives through someone else. Now it's beyond her and she won't ever have peace.

As much as Matty is trash, it's her life and she can date whoever she pleases. The only commitment she has with her fans is with the music/work overall, nothing else. Get a life

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bonicap

• Starchild

• Steve Johnson

• @michael

3 hours ago, Artistofthedecade said:

Why would you straight up lie when all it takes is one minute google search to fact check? 

Oops guess I was wrong on that, good for her then. What has she said about the recent attacks on the queer community who makes up the majority of her fanbase?

My point still stands. Her fans paint her as something she has never been. Their lack of awareness to admit and accept that isn’t her problem :rip:

• Thumbs Down 1

My thoughts about this issue are extremely confused, I'm mostly confused because I can't really understand what her fanbase is about at this point.

The first thing I think people are missing (or are pretending to miss while trying to defend her blindly) is that she is the one that created all of this. 

She was the one that cried on a documentary because she was feeling bad about not being able to use her platform for good causes, because she felt the need to express her thoughts, she was the one who announced that she was going to be more involved and vocal about politics and social issues, she was the one who condemned the actions of the likes of Scooter Braun or Ginny & Georgia and more in the name of feminism and justice when she was going through something, she also was the one who asked her fans to take actions for things that happened to her specifically, and they did do that, via death threats and such. She was the one that allowed her fans into her private life (and I'm not talking about her music but everything else).

That said, I don't know how those same people are now defending her or even worse, mocking those who feel offended, saying she's just a "musician we should expect anything from". She was the one to set the standard by saying she felt some way for not speaking up, then proceeding to not speak up for the following years while the world and even her own country is going through hell.

Why are the same people who bullied Scooter and others in the name of feminism now brushing off the fact that she's parading her openly racist boyfriend around? I mean you're either showing your true colours or so blind that you can't admit that she did wrong. The worst thing to me is to see people mocking those who are deeply offended by her association with that man, literally gaslighting and invalidating those people's feeling for no reason.

I love her and her music just as much and honestly as my first year as part of her fanbase I hate to say that it is just as bad as it was when I watched from the outside. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.