Ratchet & Clank

poki

On 5/24/2023 at 7:08 AM, poki said:

- They got rid of most of Ratchet's animations. The worst offender to me is that when he walks, he smiles. When you run, his face smoothly transitions into a determined look. You can keep messing with him like this and it transitions so well. Also when he's low on HP his tired animation is very well detailed. In ACiT he just slouches forward with THE SAME FACE AS USUAL. 

- Ratchet's personality is very bland in this one. This was his Avril Lavigne Head Above Water era.

- No dragonfly wings

- The moons' camera views were annoying to me

- Nefarious felt so random. Like, why him? 

- Talwyn gone for no reason at all. I thought this game would officially let you play as her since she was always there in Quest 4 Booty

- The artstyle made Ratchet blend in more than stand out

- Very few actual planets

- In 2008 we had Secret Agent Clank which made him amazing to play. None of his cool gameplay carried over

- The super serious story felt very forced to me

- There are sections where Qwark's character model for some reason looks way worse than it should

- Ratchet's outfit doesn't change in the cutscenes to match what he wears in gameplay. The only other game to do this is Size Matters but that one had actual CGI cutscenes, this one is in-game animations with fancy camera angles

-  Clank's story completely contradicts R&C 1

- No raritanium upgrades system. This was an absolute shock for me in 2009 because I loved it in Tools of Destruction

- They got rid of Ratchet's funny voice lines like yee-ha when he jumps

- Start up screen doesn't have a cool animation like the other games (minus Q4B)

- Time travel as a whole is a very messy concept. Marvel is now suffering because of this, Harry Potter is infamous for the many plot holes due to it, and this one also raises a few eyebrows (why didn't Drek use the time machine?) It's just obvious that this story was pulled out of their ass

- Very bland armor styles

- The cool gameplay elements from Quest 4 Booty were not carried over which is odd

- Talwyn should have been in Qwark's place. It makes no sense for Qwark to be there

- The blue ship is ugly

- No red slinkies

- The "City" level is usually quite iconic but in this game it's unmemorable

- Back in 2009 it did give me vibes of "this will probably be the last one" in a boring kind of way. Tools of Destruction felt so passionate and full of life, this one just feels tired and forced. 

- Overall it's very un-Ratchet & Clank-like due to the heavy focus on fantasy. It feels like what League of Legends is today.

epMvBKo.gif

I wanna say damn it's not that serious but I love your dedication :deadbanana:

• Haha 1

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• poki

• Kanes

• Rigalo

• Helios

Top Posters In This Topic

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.