Is this a 'Only Murders in the Building' Rip Off?

Selegend

It looks like it is for me! the whole plot and even the elevator scene, smh. 

It is incredibly similar. The most notorious aspect is the podcast. Had they not done that, I feel like they would have gotten away with it and not received rip off claims. 

Just now, MALAMENTE said:

It is incredibly similar. The most notorious aspect is the podcast. Had they not done that, I feel like they would have gotten away with it and not received rip off claims. 

it could've been at least a true crime book or something instead of a podcast. 

being also a true crime podcast, when it was a idea no one ever had for a show before OMITB, was so shameless. it's def. not a common topic like idk a family sitcom... 

its a shameless rip off.   

this is nothing new, it happens with TV shows all the time.

Not the music being similar too lol :dies:

I think they're gonna try to make this LA's answer to Only Murders' NYC while being raunchier, but honestly there still isn't enough in the trailer to distinguish it from OMITB. 

51 minutes ago, Selegend said:

it could've been at least a true crime book or something instead of a podcast. 

being also a true crime podcast, when it was a idea no one ever had for a show before OMITB, was so shameless. it's def. not a common topic like idk a family sitcom... 

its a shameless rip off.   

This is indeed very similar, but the true crime podcast is certainly not an idea no one ever had before. Apple tv did it with Truth Be Told.

8 minutes ago, Gossip_Boy said:

This is indeed very similar, but the true crime podcast is certainly not an idea no one ever had before. Apple tv did it with Truth Be Told.

Just googled it and well, its not comedy like OMITB. But yeah, its a crime podcast, i didnt know it. Thanks for the info! 

5 minutes ago, Walk_Away21 said:

Looks better. Here for this after the flight attendant. @Reverse Warholian

:clap3:

I mean, yes, but everything is a rip off of everything

quite blatantly so, yes. right down to the tone. 

Welcome to Hollywood where they tell the same stories all the time With different actors. 

this isn’t new, it’s been a thing forever. 

It says based on a true story....

But looks more fun and less serious, more tailored to the young rather than old adults

I might watch it

16 hours ago, Freakshowvato said:

It says based on a true story....

that's the name of the show lmfao

It's indeed a blatant rip-off (the music and story are essentially the same) but I don't know, I still find that trailer interesting. I'd watch it before I judge, Kaley and Chris are very funny.

I always say Selena is the weakest link in Only Murders, and I feel like Kaley would blow her out of the water acting-wise. Although Only Murders overall is a brilliant show.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.