Oakland Teacher’s Strike Ends; Will Get 15.5% Pay Increase + More

Sergi91

CNN — 

More than a week after educators first hit the picket line, the Oakland Education Association, which represents public school teachers in Oakland, California, announced Monday morning it has reached a tentative agreement with the Oakland Unified School District, ending the strike and sending some 35,000 students back to class.

According to the union statement, the 2.5-year tentative agreement with the school district includes a 15.5 percent salary increase for most teachers, retroactive pay, and bilingual stipends for teachers who can speak multiple languages. The agreement will also add school counselors to elementary schools for the first time and additional support staff, including school librarians, guidance counselors, and school nurses, according to the union.

One of my best friends is a teacher and when she told me how much she gets paid a year I literally thought she was Joking:deadbanana4:like some Highschool teachers even at decent schools only make like 30K a year. Wtf. Pay these Teachers America!

Edited by Gorjesspazze9

4 minutes ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

One of my best friends is a teacher and when she told me how much she gets paid a year I literally thought she was Joking:deadbanana4:like some Highschool teachers even at decent schools only make like 30K a year. Wtf. Pay these Teachers America!

? But we need that money for missiles and drones

Teachers deserve so much more considering the amount of bullsh*t they have to put up with :celestial5:

We love to see it :clap3:

Now let's repeat this success all over the country. Teachers deserve SO much more.

3 hours ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

some Highschool teachers even at decent schools only make like 30K a year. Wtf. Pay

:rip:

3 hours ago, Power love said:

:rip:

I know😭 and she works in a decent suburbs. I made more then that working fast food in college 

• ATRL Moderator

Strikes work. :clap3: 

The teachers deserve this and more. It’s shameful how little we pay our teachers. The fact they are commonly expected to pay for their own teaching supplies out of their own pockets is horrendous. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.