Spyro the Dragon (By Demand)

Hiatus

Welcome to the ATRL base of Spyro!

After much talk in the Crash Bandicoot base, it's time for some Spyro representation as well :gayliecat1:

Stewart Copeland managed to get his favorite tracks on Spotify again including some of the unreleased music!

4NJBYUH5JMBDVWJR5Q5SHXNTRQ.jpg

• Like 1

This reminds me that I bought the trilogy about two years ago and never played. The original games are so fun, I might give the trilogy a try soon since idk what to play currently :heart:

The early mixes are so interesting, there's almost 100 of these for JUST Enter the Dragonfly 

And A Hero's Tail was so different 

14 minutes ago, Venice B said:

This reminds me that I bought the trilogy about two years ago and never played. The original games are so fun, I might give the trilogy a try soon since idk what to play currently :heart:

The remaster is SOOO GOOD :jonny5: I really need to play it more as well. I last played it about a month ago.

My king :jonnycat:

I’m still mad the remaster didn’t do great. I wanted a true Spyro 4 :jonny:

I'm still shook the 2006-2008 games were considered successful enough for a whole trilogy, a PS3 release which Crash didn't get, and even a damn movie was in early production stages :rip:

This industry is wild. 

Trilogy is great but there's no 4K / PS5 update so it's starting to show its age :redface:

Such a fun game 

My childhood :weeps:

The first two games are great.  Spyro: Year of the Dragon is the greatest game of all time.  I go back to it every couple of years.  The Remastered trilogy was such a wonderful surprise, the updated graphics only make me love the games more.

I also really enjoy Enter The Dragonfly.  Yes it's clearly incomplete, but it still feels like classic Spyro.  I wish it had been included in the Reignited trilogy but I understand most people hate it so :rip: 

A Hero's Tail was a big step in the wrong direction.  Too dark, dull world design and the side characters were not very fun to play as, especially that damn mole.  The beginning of the end.

The Legend of Spyro trilogy... wow.  What a catastrophe.  I remember being so excited beforehand, watching all sorts of videos and reading up on everything I could about it... then buying it on release day and absolutely hating it.  I firmly believe that these are not even Spyro games.  The change in both artistic and creative direction was so drastic that it was unrecognizable.  Vile darksided energy.  

Anyway, I'm currently playing Ripto's Rage on the Switch, and it's as lovely as ever!  I hope one day we get a real sequel to the original three games, but I'm just so happy and grateful for the Reignited Trilogy :heart:

2 hours ago, PoKiTaurus said:

I stand my ground Ray of Light was Stewart Copeland's inspiration for the music

This one is very Spyro ish 

A classic:clap3:

My brother and I would always try to chase that annoying speedster guy. It was so hard as a kid, but when you finally get him it’s an amazing feeling. 

The post trilogy games were so confusing. How they managed to follow up 3 perfect games with such a clunky, and unplayable game such as enter the dragonfly is beyond me. I didn’t really have any thoughts on a hero’s tail as the game kept crashing/not saving properly so I gave up.

and then that strange trilogy with Elijah wood voicing spyro….we’re they trying to keep fans who had grown up with spyro by making the games a bit harder and more adult? It just seemed so random and didn’t work.

RockStarShit101

Any news about Spyro 4? If crash got one after the remake of the trilogy, then what’s stopping them to release one for Spyro?

A classic. He needs to be represented in the next Smash Bros instalment. 

2 hours ago, RockStarShit101 said:

Any news about Spyro 4? If crash got one after the remake of the trilogy, then what’s stopping them to release one for Spyro?

I think lower sales than Crash plus COVID killed the chances of a new game :noparty:

Where’s the ratchet and clank base…. 

spyro is cute, I liked the games as a kid and the remasters were fun. I played thru them a couple of years ago and could definitely see myself doing it again in the future. That being said, it’s sad every game in the series besides the original trilogy is garbage 

On 5/15/2023 at 10:54 AM, Tylerbv said:

My king :jonnycat:

I’m still mad the remaster didn’t do great. I wanted a true Spyro 4 :jonny:

King!! 

it flopped? :biblionny:

10 hours ago, JoeRobert said:

The post trilogy games were so confusing. How they managed to follow up 3 perfect games with such a clunky, and unplayable game such as enter the dragonfly is beyond me. I didn’t really have any thoughts on a hero’s tail as the game kept crashing/not saving properly so I gave up.

and then that strange trilogy with Elijah wood voicing spyro….we’re they trying to keep fans who had grown up with spyro by making the games a bit harder and more adult? It just seemed so random and didn’t work.

Insomniac Games wanted to move on from the series to focus on a new project (Ratchet & Clank) so they gave the rights to a new company.

5 hours ago, Katamari said:

King!! 

it flopped? :biblionny:

Not necessarily flopped, but about 60-70% of what Crash’s remaster did, and then Crash 4 flopped so :jonny6:

From what I can find online:

Crash N Sane Trilogy - over 10m

Spyro Trilogy - over 4m

Crash Nitro Fueled - The Sony player count leak stated almost 4m unique users on Playstation alone.

Crash 4 It's About Time - A bit of a slow sell, I think it's at 2.5m now if it sold as consistently as Nitro Fueled + Crash Team Rumble is happening so this definitely made bank 

So yeah based on this data + the historical data (pre 2017 Crash sold over 30m, Spyro about 18m), Spyro 4 would be a tough financial investment :redface:

Honestly I wouldn't mind if they did "mini" releases like what Ratchet & Clank did 2008-2013. One or two levels that are very well designed as DLC once or twice a year. 

Ted Price (Insomniac Games founder and CEO to this very day) is a legend. He really said music not the bling, stop the drama start the music, love one another, magic still exists, talent always wins, express yourself don't repress yourself :clap3:

THIS is a man that deserves to be worshipped. 

Ted Price

I am a Spyro 2 stan but lately Spyro 3 seems to be the best one

Also, this BOP

Edited by PoKiTaurus

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.