Man shoots girlfriend after she got an abortion

Genius1111

29 minutes ago, Trent W said:

She had to terminate the pregnancy, that poor child would’ve had a hell of life.

Stop inserting politics into everything with the pro life comments.

This is a story of abuse, and the woman was the victim, but inserting politics is sooo soo unnecessary en disrespectful.

Definitely Chronically online behavior.

''Politics'' has everything to do with a situation like this, whether you like it or not. This kind of situation doesn't happen in a vacuum, completely unaffected by societal factors. This isn't an individual or particular issue with this one couple like :skull: Your post is serving cognitive dissonance, sis. Like I'm sorry it triggers you, but you have the option to ignore those types of posts. 

12 minutes ago, AMIT said:

''Politics'' has everything to do with a situation like this, whether you like it or not. This kind of situation doesn't happen in a vacuum, completely unaffected by societal factors. This isn't an individual or particular issue with this one couple like :skull: Your post is serving cognitive dissonance, sis. Like I'm sorry it triggers you, but you have the option to ignore those types of posts. 

I’m pro-abortion, it doesn’t trigger me, it’s just annoying to turn everything online into politics. I could play along but it’s so unnecessary.

The article doesn’t state anything about the man’s beliefs or political views.

Is just irrelevant to turn it into a abortions vs pro-life debate.

Edited by Trent W

• ATRL Moderator
4 minutes ago, Trent W said:

Killing a woman for having an abortion is pretty self-explanatory for his political views on abortion. :rip: 

Just now, Trent W said:

I’m pro-abortion, it doesn’t trigger me, it’s just annoying to turn everything online into politics. I could play along but it’s so unnecessary.

But that's the thing, it is intrinsically linked to that political debate, you can't just detach this situation form it and pretend it has nothing to do with it because it makes you uncomfortable. This situation is a symptom of that political divide, it and others like happened and/or will happen because abortion is such a huge societal issue that we still haven't been able to find a solution to. This particular situation exposes the flawed and bad faith argument of the pro-life side being about, well, ''preserving life'', when it actually is just about controlling women and their bodies. It definitely is not ''irrelevant'' to frame it within that debate. :rip:

Just now, Bloo said:

Killing a woman for having an abortion is pretty self-explanatory for his political views on abortion. :rip: 

I mean that man is ****** up but there’s no way to know if he is pro-life or his political views.

Turning this incident into a political argument feels opportunistic you know?

Like I’m not comfortable using a woman’s death as ammo to attack the opposition.

I’m not justifying what he did, I’m also for abortions. I’m saying he killed her because she terminated what would have been his child. Not because his views are pro-life. Like are some of y’all really that dense. 

38 minutes ago, Trent W said:

There’s guns and anti-abortion sentiments (aka killing someone for having one) involved in this story. And those are political topics by their very nature

It’s impossible to discuss this situation apolitically unless you are very dense or scared that it would mean that we would have to talk about these topics at large (which it does). You’re giving ‘now is not the time to talk about gun control!!’ whenever a mass shooting takes place 

If everyone would treat every incident as an isolated story about someone ‘being sick in the head’ then nothing would ever get done about the structures that keep supporting behavior like this. Do you think this man would’ve shot his gf if a) abortion wasn’t extremely villainized and women’s bodies weren’t seen as the ownership of men and b) if there were tighter gun restrictions? Nothing exists in a vacuum like the user above says and acting like it does won’t get anyone anywhere 

2 hours ago, bad guy said:

Right. Because there’s nothing more pro-life than shooting someone for having an abortion.

xFacXB4.thumb.gif.87aa8541fb1193ecffea7d

Rip. But if she had chosen to keep the child and he didnt want it she can sue him for child support. Sad world we live in for men.

1 hour ago, Bethenny Frankel said:

wtf is going on in texas lately with all the gun violence? it must be stopped

Maybe this is why they should ban people from having guns? 

i just wish something end our civilization. 

f*cking texas man…

8 hours ago, Trent W said:

I mean that man is ****** up but there’s no way to know if he is pro-life or his political views.

Turning this incident into a political argument feels opportunistic you know?

Like I’m not comfortable using a woman’s death as ammo to attack the opposition.

Well then you’d better find another thread to play ******* contrarian then sweetheart. 

10 hours ago, Bethenny Frankel said:

wtf is going on in texas lately with all the gun violence? it must be stopped

people should not be allowed guns anymore I agree

no matter how angry it makes them

Pro lifers don’t care about life they care about control

Men who oppose abortion are property merchants, women are their property(gay men are not excluded from this) and any violation of property must be met with death.

The overlap with anti-abortion and homicide is not new, men who oppose bodily autonomy for women are men who will condone their deaths.

10 hours ago, Bloo said:

This would make sense if their relationship hadn’t been abusive prior to the murder and he hadn’t “beat her up multiple times throughout the entirety of their relationship”. There’s probably a dozen other things that could have triggered him to do this. Does he care about women who aren’t his girlfriends aborting babies who aren’t his own? Who tf knows. Narcissistic domestic abusers exist all over the political spectrum.

1 hour ago, Hobbes said:

Well then you’d better find another thread to play ******* contrarian then sweetheart. 

:bibliahh:

• ATRL Moderator
7 minutes ago, ICLDXU4HS said:

This would make sense if their relationship hadn’t been abusive prior to the murder and he hadn’t “beat her up multiple times throughout the entirety of their relationship”. There’s probably a dozen other things that could have triggered him to do this. Does he care about women who aren’t his girlfriends aborting babies who aren’t his own? Who tf knows. Narcissistic domestic abusers exist all over the political spectrum.

Then he's an abusive anti-abortion zealot who shouldn't legally be allowed to purchase a gun. Much better.

25 minutes ago, Bloo said:

Then he's an abusive anti-abortion zealot who shouldn't legally be allowed to purchase a gun. Much better.

The art of political framing you’ve mastered. You should get into some quality true crime content by reputable forensic psychologists.

15 hours ago, Cain said:

There’s guns and anti-abortion sentiments (aka killing someone for having one) involved in this story. And those are political topics by their very nature

It’s impossible to discuss this situation apolitically unless you are very dense or scared that it would mean that we would have to talk about these topics at large (which it does). You’re giving ‘now is not the time to talk about gun control!!’ whenever a mass shooting takes place 

If everyone would treat every incident as an isolated story about someone ‘being sick in the head’ then nothing would ever get done about the structures that keep supporting behavior like this. Do you think this man would’ve shot his gf if a) abortion wasn’t extremely villainized and women’s bodies weren’t seen as the ownership of men and b) if there were tighter gun restrictions? Nothing exists in a vacuum like the user above says and acting like it does won’t get anyone anywhere 

Honestly I’m 100% pro-abortion, but I feel like turning something that is documented as irrelevant into something political doesn’t help.

It’s kind of chronically online behavior.

If new information surfaces about this man being a religious nutjob or having expressed in video anti-abortion claims or opinions then my opinion will completely change and yes it should be a political topic.

But people in this thread are literally making stuff up based on feelings or sentiment.

The real world doesn’t work like that.

Edited by Trent W

7 hours ago, Hobbes said:

You are going to have to deal with my ******* contrarian opinion 

Leave the thread if you don’t like it.

37 minutes ago, Trent W said:

Honestly I’m 100% pro-abortion, but I feel like turning something that is documented as irrelevant into something political doesn’t help.

It’s kind of chronically online behavior.

If new information surfaces about this man being a religious nutjob or having expressed in video anti-abortion claims or opinions then my opinion will completely change and yes it should be a political topic.

But people in this thread are literally making stuff up based on feelings or sentiment.

The real world doesn’t work like that.

He doesn’t have to explicitly be anti-abortion or religious for this to be political, again, it’s not a vacuum. And saying that people who do recognise these systems are ‘chronically online’ just exposes how non critical and downright dumb most regular people are. Because the real world absolutely works like that, people get murdered based on feelings and sentiment, and people with your pov keep excusing it and acting like these are individual incidents that have nothing to do with who governs our states

Things like Roe v Wade overturning and the lack of gun restrictions set the stage for incidents like this to happen, to pretend that that’s not the case at all is just… really dense, put nicely

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.